It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials” Say Camping on Your Own Property Is Now Illegal!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Human excrement isn't the issue, it's the trash. They seem to be "off the grid" but still using county facilities without paying dues.

Trash disposal of hundreds of people isn't a light issue, if you've ever lived in a middle of nowhere town you will know what an issue "dumping" is.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What is their reasoning behind not liking those off-the-grid landowners? Is it just because it is something different than the social norm? There doesn't seem to be any logical reason to attack their way of life.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Large amounts of trash.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
In my township they only allow storage of up to two campers on your property and you can only camp out for two weeks a year. If someone wanted to camp every weekend, they should be allowed close to 100 days a year for camping. They want to allow for hunters to camp for the firearm deer season, but the hunting season lasts far longer than two weeks. Stupid law in my opinion, but try to get that changed and you will become a local problem that the township would have to deal with and no one wants to get scrutinized and put through that crap.

Unless there are complaints, the township doesn't have enough money to enforce these stupid laws. The guys on my street corner have a campground type of set up and got busted, but they still have a lot of campers on the holiday weekends. I imagine if they weren't right on the corner, no one would have complained.

Personally I feel it's all about the money they aren't making over in Colorado, be it the local government or the big corporate interests. However, if these off grid property owners got organized and addressed the obvious problems, they would have more of a leg to stand on. More power to them and I hope they prevail.

I wonder when a David Koresh, Branch Davidian type stand off will happen in this developing situation.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
In Oz it is illegal to live in a caravan on your property while building a house.
Living in the caravan means you are living on undeveloped land. Hence lower land rates for undeveloped land.
It all comes down to revenue and human greed.

edit on 31-12-2015 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
For "aesthetic" reasons?!? He didn't really say that did he?

We're not trying to ruin anyone's life, we just want to make sure everything is pretty.

Well when the state views aesthetics higher than livelihood you know you're #ed.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
but this is the conundrum, on one hand the tptb want you think that you need to worry about your personal footprint but they can only afford you to do enough to feel that you do your part, you know, seperate you plastics from your green waste etc. buy the tuna safe tins and wash the plastic bottles out.
none of this effects the global corp and it keeps the sheep under control and allows the governements to pass new laws introducing taxes to pay for climate control, i mean do you really believe your footprint matters... ahhh but lets say more and more people take this off the grid idea seriously, there is no real reason people should be stopped from this lifestyle i mean the amish live a similar lifestyle, but imagine the profit loss to global corp it would be horrendous, apparently we would save the planet but i would say the reaction from government would be swift and harsh if people dropped everything and headed west.
This more than anything should prove above all that global warming/cooling is a scam.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

The problem is TRASH. Do you have regular trash pickup where you live? If so, store your household trash for a month without putting it in the bin at the curb, YOU store it somewhere. On your property. See what the results are.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: acrux
thats why when i went bush i built a shed and put the van in it with six solar pannels on the roof. the dirt floor was rough for a while though, especialy the first winter, when the rain would hammer down in the it would flow through the shed floor and under the van and come up to the step. lessons are learned hard when going off the grid.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
whats your point?
when you go off the grid, your life style changes dramaticaly. i know it maybe hard for you to fathom but you dont go shopping the same way normal sheeple do.

edit on 31-12-2015 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: boymonkey74

Camping wild is one of life's simple pleasures, provided a bear doesn't eat you...

That of course is still a simple pleasure, for a bear!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A country built by homesteaders and pioneers now makes them out to be vagrants.
Lovely.
The entire money/power culture that has grown up in ever county, city and state has become an illness that requires drastic measures to cure. The public employee sector has grown too large, too comfortable and too irresponsive to the needs of it's own citizens.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

In these types of cases, the local government usually makes the argument that the living conditions are not safe or sanitary. Of course, that's just an excuse. In reality, they want those people tied down to the system so they can be taxed.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What is the reason that they deny people camping on their own property It's a bit strange

they will say it's for health and sanitation reasons.
but the real reason is Tax Dollars..
if you live in a tent, don't have a septic tank/sewer, hook up to utilities, have trash pickup.
they can't charge you for any building permits, place a value on your house so the can increase the tax every year, place a energy, telecom, cable tax or any thing they can think of.

all about Tax Dollars..

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

i was gonna refer them to my post to Raggedyman.
you bear me to the punch.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

most people that live like that don't throw away nearly as much as everyone else.
just about all things are used and repurposed.

very little trash, and then what does get thrown away is no where near as environmentally harmful as the suburbs joe and suzy blow.

edit on 31-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Where do you get off thinking its "YOUR LAND"? I don't care if you paid your mortgage off, try not paying your property tax and you will then find out who really owns YOUR property. The government really owns all property and that is exactly the way it should be! If it weren't for the government, where would we be? I am proud to be an American & I love my government! I think Hillary Clinton will be the greatest president in U.S. history!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Where do you get off thinking its "YOUR LAND"? I don't care if you paid your mortgage off, try not paying your property tax and you will then find out who really owns YOUR property. The government really owns all property and that is exactly the way it should be! If it weren't for the government, where would we be? I am proud to be an American & I love my government! I think Hillary Clinton will be the greatest president in U.S. history!

It would be a tragedy if anyone isn't able to see the sarcasm in that post.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

The problem again is TRASH. Really, you think off the grid people produce zero trash? They recycle everything? You are so deluded it's not worth talking to you, there is a proper way to go off the grid, and it's NOT by using GRIDDED services without the cost, that's being an asshole.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

most people that live like that don't throw away nearly as much as everyone else.
just about all things are used and repurposed.

very little trash, and then what does get thrown away is no where near as environmentally harmful as the suburbs joe and suzy blow.

Your perception of off the grid living is false. Humans waste a lot, even off the grid. Try it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join