It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Year’s Surprise: Obama Regulation To Give Work-Permits To Foreign College-Graduates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Who is working for big business at the expense of US citizens again?

A new policy will be enacted on January 1st it appears and it will impact what is traditionally called "white collar" jobs. Their plan is to increase the number of skilled foreigners AND give a financial incentive to hire them instead of you (or your children) coming out of college.

Don't you love it when their plans come together.... Remember, the Democrats have your back, they will make sure you can get some food stamps and unemployment when you are taken out of the job market by their policies.

www.breitbart.com...

by Neil Munro - 30 Dec 2015

As the nation prepares to ring in the New Year, President Obama is preparing a colossal new executive action that could print-up work permits to hundreds of thousands of additional foreign workers every year, above and beyond the levels set by Congress, including to foreign alien spouses and children. This executive action, which directly bypasses Congressional lawmakers, is likely to reverberate across the presidential race, as GOP voters look to choose a nominee they believe will most effectively roll back the President’s still-expanding agenda.

The rule from DHS will give white-collar work-permits to a huge new group of foreign college-graduates, despite the large number of American graduates now stuck in lower-wage jobs, and struggling to pay off college debts.

“The objective here is to strip American workers of their protections from foreign labor embodied in the Green Card quotas” that are set by Congress, not the White House, Miano said.

The annual award of Green Cards — and vital preliminary work-permits — is limited by quotas that mostly impact the many Indian and Chinese graduates who come to the United States as H-1B guest-workers, or who first arrive as students and later start working in the United States via the Optional Practical Training and H-1B programs.

The foreign graduates typically get entry-level jobs that would otherwise go to new U.S. business graduates, designers, doctors, programmers, engineers and scientists. Also, the foreign graduates are used to replace mid-level American professionals once they seek mid-career pay-raises to help pay for mortgages and child-rearing.

The new policy also creates a large economic incentive for U.S. employers to hire foreign college-grads instead of new American college-grads.

That’s because the policy will allow U.S. employers to hire foreign college graduates at very low salaries. The foreign graduates will gladly take those low-wage white-collar jobs because the new policy allows them to get deferred payments from the federal government — valuable permanent work-permits that are the first step on the golden pathway to Green Cards and citizenship.

In contrast, employers can’t pay American graduates with this combination of low-salaries plus the federal promise of citizenship — because the Americans already have citizenship.

That means employers must pay more money to hire American college-grads than they would to hire foreign college-grads. That puts a huge disadvantage on American graduates because they need higher salaries to pay off their expensive U.S. college debt.

Miano slammed the new regulations, and said they reflect Obama’s preference for foreigners over Americans.

“Notice that when foreign workers are going to lose their jobs, Obama has DHS make protecting their jobs the agency’s highest priority,” chiefly by minimizing enforcement of immigration laws, he told Breitbart News. But “when American workers lose their jobs to foreign workers, Obama does absolutely nothing,” he said.

“We have a president with a very warped sense of priorities,” he added.

The public can object to the new regulations, according to the DHS document.

edit on 30-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
US grads seem to need the competition. Why does it seem our President cares more about everyone else in the world but us. Does he see all Americans as having plentiful everything so we need to only focus on everyone else in the world. Personally I get tired of everyone else and would like to see all Americans helped first and foremost. So life sucks in generic_01 part of the world I do not care anymore...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Chalk up some more student loan victims.

secret message sent:
....All goingk accordingk to plan Boris

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think Michio summed it up pretty well

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'd like to see someone support this as being pro-American. Obama is once again showing how much he hates America.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I don't normally favor this man, at all. But he's right in this regard, to the educational system being a third world standard.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Doubtless this also applies to the hordes of Chinese now enrolling in our community colleges.

BOHICA

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This must be stopped. We need to send away all the smart people we should only keep the stupid ones.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
raising education standards would hurt minorities immensely. A lot less would graduate if calculus and physics were required. thus causing a drop in graducation rate and more unemployables.

Ideally the try hards and smart kids should be put in their own school program.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is down right wrong. We should be looking out for our people first. Who is Obama actually working for? It sure isn't for the American citizens.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I think Michio summed it up pretty well

Our students suck, fulfill crappy degrees that take them no place and the masses who should not be in college and should actually be looking towards an excellent trade skill do not and everyone suffers.

edit on 30-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This is down right wrong. We should be looking out for our people first. Who is Obama actually working for? It sure isn't for the American citizens.

Why should he look out for a bunch of people that go to study surfing and other classes that have virtually no worth on the job market? When a majority of Americans start studying and get a science and technology based education then people will have a right to complain.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
This must be stopped. We need to send away all the smart people we should only keep the stupid ones.

There is truth in this for sure, it makes no sense to give the best and brightest visitors the bum's rush.

However, like most sweeping policies, it's either throwing the baby out with the bathwater or demolishing the dam to get a drink. Or, as in this case, it's a solution in search of a problem.

The Myth of the Science and Engineering Shortage

A compelling body of research is now available, from many leading academic researchers and from respected research organizations such as the National Bureau of Economic Research, the RAND Corporation, and the Urban Institute. No one has been able to find any evidence indicating current widespread labor market shortages or hiring difficulties in science and engineering occupations that require bachelors degrees or higher, although some are forecasting high growth in occupations that require post-high school training but not a bachelors degree. All have concluded that U.S. higher education produces far more science and engineering graduates annually than there are S&E job openings—the only disagreement is whether it is 100 percent or 200 percent more. Were there to be a genuine shortage at present, there would be evidence of employers raising wage offers to attract the scientists and engineers they want. But the evidence points in the other direction: Most studies report that real wages in many—but not all—science and engineering occupations have been flat or slow-growing, and unemployment as high or higher than in many comparably-skilled occupations.

The best solution is to allow American companies to be competitive.

We know that mobile capital resides where it is least threatened so, I suspect that most immigrant graduates will still leave to go where the jobs are.
edit on 31-12-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Damn those smart kids coming to america to fill in the jobs that nobody is qualified for, thanks to breitbart and there non partisan stories to save americans.

Its 5 am, its cold outside and i have to get to work soon, damn you obama.

edit on 31-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: rickymouse

Why should he look out for a bunch of people that go to study surfing and other classes that have virtually no worth on the job market? When a majority of Americans start studying and get a science and technology based education then people will have a right to complain.

Than maybe we should look at our education system. I have a granddaughter living with us who is seventeen and she is getting all sorts of college advertisement. Most of this advertisement is about how great a place the college is and how nice the campus is. It talks about activities, not academics being hard.

I went to college, testing out of a year and a half of classes in the first year. I could have gotten a four year degree in two years. My daughter went to college for six years and never got a degree in anything, taking all the fun classes. I quit college because my chosen field turned out to be deceptive, I do not want to deceive others. I left Pre-med to go to work on regular jobs in my area, something I do not regret.

College has turned out to be a social function for most students. Only the ones who have shown they have intelligence through their actions in school get accepted to colleges with good scientific job placement. Now is this the students problem or is it the College's problem. It seems most colleges are more interested in getting expansion and numbers of students than making sure they succeed.

Kids are conditioned to believe college is needed to succeed in high school. We got rid of the factory jobs. We used to have lots of those in the sixties and seventies. You do not need a college degree to work in a factory and those jobs paid a living wage and also those people paid taxes. Now the government hides it's taxation, all services are charged for. I say that our whole society is falling apart and that we should not blame the young. We allowed greed to make them feel entitled and they do not feel that they have to work hard anymore, society has lost it's realistic drive. We have made this country into a fantasy Island, not a reality. The people who actually work hard doing necessary things are getting less than those who's jobs make money for the elite. This will turn our country upside down.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'd seen this before and coupled with stories to the effect that Chinese immigration into California will outpace Mexican/Central American/South American Immigration in 2016 and coupled with the millions of Chinese women doing the birth the baby in the US to gain the child citizenship for college purposes, its obvious to me that the US will come to more resemble a Colony of China than a sovereign nation-state. No need for a nuclear war with China......they'll occupy and own the US. And that will be the swan song for your Second Amendment rights.

Oh, and don't kid yourselves......you could put a Republican in the White Hut and there wouldn't be any change in policy; in fact, the Republicans would probably accelerate this trend for their Corporate clients. Well, their Corporate clients that haven't left the US.....yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

" I say that our whole society is falling apart and that we should not blame the young. We allowed greed to make them feel entitled and they do not feel that they have to work hard anymore, society has lost it's realistic drive. We have made this country into a fantasy Island, not a reality. The people who actually work hard doing necessary things are getting less than those who's jobs make money for the elite. This will turn our country upside down. "

You nailed that one! Except from where I'm sitting, the country is already upside down. Its certainly upside down on its debt and Congress just blows past that fact as if they know we're into a race to the bottom and all they care about is getting theirs while the gettings still good.

new topics

top topics

join