It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name a movie were the good guy does not win...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
a reply to: snypwsd

If we're going to use sports movies, then one can't forget "Cool Runnings".
Though they tried their hardest, the jamaican bobsled team didn't win the gold.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: abeverage
The Usual Suspects...

See above.

For clarity.

Are you saying Keyser Söze is not bad enough? lol and he wins...

And to throw in another Spacey Movie...Se7en

He wins by creating Wrath at the end...
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 30 Dec 2015 17:10:52 -0600pm5America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

The Usual Suspects...

See above.

For clarity.

Are you saying Keyser Söze is not bad enough? lol and he wins...

No I am saying you should explain how and why in case someone has been living under a rock.

Also ATS remains and 20 years from now people may not know what was said and why.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Fallen, or did someone say that?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yea the bad guy successfully distributes a virus that just about wipes out humanity.

link   

* sigh * I retract my comment as I am too lazy to type out the storyline for the OP.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
They Live with Roddy Piper.

I can't believe no one said this one yet. Come on guys?!?! Alien conspiracy global takeover? You guys are slipping.

Slipping is right.

Andromeda Strain (the original)

Jeepers Creepers.

The Thing (both versions)

Invasion of theBody Snatchers, especially the second one when Donald Sutherland points his finger and screeches at the surviving heroine?

Priceless…

edit on 30-12-2015 by intrptr because: youtube

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The Time Traveller's Wife - Eric Bana and Rachel what's her name... i forget.

I suppose Benjamin Button could be included here as well, or did he just win backwards?

The Forgotten - Julianne Moore wins in this but the other 'good' guys don't.
good movie, in an alien creepy kinda way.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ApparentlyStupid

Yea the bad guy successfully distributes a virus that just about wipes out humanity.

Is it not left open though?

Do we see the outcome or do we choose to decide what happens?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

* sigh * I retract my comment as I am too lazy to type out the storyline for the OP.

Well that is just lazy then...

Shame as your comments had merit.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
In a straight portrayal of Romeo and Juliet, that is what it is - a loss and a tragedy, not a victory. You are meant to focus on the mistakes and stupidity of the families that led to the desperation of the two and their demise, not the idea that they are united in death.

Romeo and Juliet is a special case, because they are constrained to following the plot of a play which was written as genuine tragedy. They can't change it into a "happy ending" without undermining what Shakespeare wrote.
There was an eighteenth-century playwright who adapted King Lear by allowing Cordelia to live, but I don't think even Hollywood are bold enough to follow in his footsteps. If they are filming Shakespeare, then Cordelia will die and Juliet will die and Othello will strangle his wife. If they film a classic Greek tragedy like Oedipus Rex, I assume they will leave in the original tragic endings.
But when they're not under that kind of constraint, they're looking to an audience which does not want tragedy, only comedy (as Aristotle would have defined it).

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I guess it's implied kinda, we know for sure what happens but we don't explicitly see it.
I stand by my submission

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Ok well *SPOILER* and best one if you have never seen The Usual Suspects

Roger "Verbal" Kint one of the suspects is Keyser Söze basically a mastermind and no one suspects him a nice trick...
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Kint's recount of how Keyser Söze became so notorious is chilling... add to it he is describing the viciousness of himself...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Jesus Christ Superstar

The good guy lost, but won at the same time.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Invasion of theBody Snatchers, especially the second one when Donald Sutherland points his finger and screeches at the surviving heroine?

Priceless…

This movie freaked me out when i was a kid, all i could remember about the movie after that were those alien pods, the guy screaming and that horrible little taco time dog with the human face, much like the movie 'The Birds'.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The usual suspects?

as an aside i know that No Country For Old Men is the only movie i've seen where you don't actually see the main character die.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The Dark Knight. Batman loses and the Joker wins. All to help the reputation of Harvey Dent... or... well... sort of. Anyway, hope I didn't just spoil that movie for anyone.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
And to add my other Kevin Spacey...

SE7EN

A killer (Spacey) creates murders based on the 7 deadly sins finally wins by creating the final two sins with his envy of a perfect life of the cop that is after him and by vengeance (WRATH) by putting his wife's pretty head in box...which enrages the cop (Pitt) to feed Spacey some lead poisoning...

edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 30 Dec 2015 17:27:07 -0600pm5America/Chicago by abeverage because: Se7en deadly sins

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

all christmas morning i could be heard doing a amazing impersonation of pitt saying "what's in the box?!"

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: abeverage

all christmas morning i could be heard doing a amazing impersonation of pitt saying "what's in the box?!"

Whenever I hear that, this is all I can hear in my mind. lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join