It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Septuagint versus Masoretic Text: Which is truer to the original Hebrew text and why?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
Na reply to: Punisher75 Now you're just being an idiot. Why don't you come back when you know what you're talking about. Plus im not arguing, just stating facts. Your pathetic attempts at insulting me are a waste of your time. You have nothing of value to say, and obviously don't know # about Judaism, so I'll leave it at that.

Case in point.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75Glad you have come to terms with your idiocy, that's the first step.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75Ya you should check it out, might help ya. Might clear up your confusion.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GnosisisfaithI of course won't be, because I never abandoned logic for faith. That's what you seem to have done.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
a reply to: Punisher75Ya you should check it out, might help ya. Might clear up your confusion.

Lemme guess you did not read those links either huh?
Must be because your an expert who has studied formal logic for years.
Go to bed your tired.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75I think you need a nap, your cranky because I don't care about your stupid links. I guess I am as you say, an expert. Your words.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Apologies to the OP;
The thread has gone off course.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75sorry you had to learn logic, some of us were born with it.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
Apologies to the OP;
The thread has gone off course.

Yes, it has. It's important to remember all we are talking about is accuracy in translations and historical truth. I never wanted this to become a debate about whether the religion is true.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNormanso I'll bring it back on track. The Masoretic and the Septuagint/Greek need to take a backseat, or at least be used alongside the DSS, the Masoretic being the better of the two would be my recommendation. It's been done, in the 1966 standard edition Jerusalem bible. I have a beat up one, but I bought a near mint condition one last night. Be here in a couple days it cost 75$ but so worth it. The DSS weren't even published yet so they had unique access to it and it also doesn't always conform with Catholic dogma, even though it was authorized by the pope. It's rare in that it uses Yahweh in place of Lord. And it's footnotes are a book on there own. If you can get one, do it, it's worth every penny.

edit on 13-1-2016 by Gnosisisfaith because: error

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GnosisisfaithThe footnotes explain that the Most High or in Semitic El Elyon, was of Canaanite origin and head of the pantheon with a consort named Asherah. Baal and eventually Yahweh were considered his sons. That's ANCIENT Israel, much, much later after being freed from Babylonian captivity Yahweh was being taught to BE the most high, and this is what was taught to the Greeks. That was the start of Judeo monotheism.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for those links, have stayed up way too late listening to them. Any way of the getting the stringer video with better audio?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join