It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new root of evil : Science

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It started way back with the French revolution
Back then they called it
The age of enlightenment
From there came science politicians
Doctors
And the industrial expansion

They fooled everyone with this illusion
Called democracy

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

It was science that allowed you to make this thread

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Science is bad, yet you take advantage of it. Stand up for your convictions! Throw away that computer, cell phone, get rid of the electricity in your home, same with the flush toilet, your car and don't ever go to a Dr or dentist again. If you get sick, go dig some roots and herbs. Throw away anything that science has given you and I will believe you actually believe this. Otherwise, you're just trying to blame something for something else.

I think that I do stand up for my convictions.

The computer was build by myself and does not run on Windows. It is the only medium to communicate with you guys until you open other channels. Hence need to use it for a while yet -( necessary evil as they say)

I rarely use my cell phone. Perhaps one quick call per month. Switched off most of the day.

Car is a necessary evil until I get to where I want to be - living in a lighthouse offshore.

Electricity is not a big deal. I was brought up in a very remote place where we did not have electricity. I would welcome it if electrivity stopped being available. Less noise .

Flush toilet is a luxury that I can do without. I spent a lot of time in South East Asia and I am used to non-flush toilets.

The longest time I spent not going to the doctor was 20 years. The few times that I have gone since was a total waste of time but I had to make my partner feel comfortable and show some interest in my health.

The last time I went to the dentist was about 3 years ago. Apparently my teeth were very healthy. I told the dentist that I eat chocolates every day and he replied that I should continue doing whatever I do since it seems to keep my teeth healthy.

When I get sick , i do nothing about it. I expect the ailment to go away and it does. If it does not, I bear with it until it goes.

I may fail on one or two but as I say, it is a necessary evil (still evil irrespective)

edit on 30-12-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If you think technology is a problem why don't you spend about 10 years living in the middle of the Amazon rain forest without anything, but the clothing you arrived their with.

Technology has many problems but what would be better?

Sleeping in a tree?

Any thoughts?

edit on 30-12-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It was science that allowed you to make this thread

I used your preferred medium. That is not to say that it is the only medium. Science is incapable of perceiving a better medium.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

If you think technology is a problem why don't you spend about 10 years living in the middle of the Amazon rain forest without anything, but the clothing you arrived their with.

Technology has many problems but what would be better?

Sleeping in a tree?

Any thoughts?

Yes , very tempting. I dream of nothing but wilderness.

If it was not for crazy maniacs and psychopaths roaming the land (not to mention the authorities arresting you for walking around in the forest) , I would go and pitch a tent in remote places across the country.

EDIT : you said amazon. That's where they have these tribes that we know little about. Can you imagine , a new social system , beautiful ladies running around skyclad;

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That is not true it is called "going of the grid". My advise to you is that you run a search on that and stop posting things you really have not looked into.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

How else would you prefer we communicate over really long distances? Pigeons? Astral projecting?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You forgot to mention smoke signals.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Windy days would be like when my ISP is doing maintenance.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That is not true it is called "going of the grid". My advise to you is that you run a search on that and stop posting things you really have not looked into.

I am not sure what your point is. I know what going off the grid means and I am certainly capable of it although a desert tropical island would be my first choice.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

You forgot to mention smoke signals.

My father always said that smoking is banned during exams because of that very reason.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Its very simple actually....do a search.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Smoke signals were used by ancient cultures to communicate.

Its kind of like Morse code where one blankets the flame interrupting the smoke at intervals to produce a message that others can see at a distance.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: piney
It started way back with the French revolution
Back then they called it
The age of enlightenment
From there came science politicians
Doctors
And the industrial expansion

They fooled everyone with this illusion
Called democracy

Well, yes it has a lot to do with it.
Democracy is centainly an illusion. We have never had it ; only had a modern form of feudalism masquerading as democracy,

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Smoke signals were used by ancient cultures to communicate.

Its kind of like Morse code where one blankets the flame interrupting the smoke at intervals to produce a message that others can see at a distance.

As if I did not know.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well your overall gripe seems to be with science, but I don't think you know what that is. It's just a term. Everything we do, learn, feel, touch, effect, etc...science. Like anything there is good and bad.

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Its very simple actually....do a search.

Can't you see a joke ? I was implying that student taking exams could send smoke signals to each other like native indians used to do.

You are quite strange. First you think I do not know what "Off the grid means" then you assume I do not know what communication by smoke signals is. In both case , you invite me to google it out.

Never came across such attitude before. Do you look down on everyone ?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well your overall gripe seems to be with science, but I don't think you know what that is. It's just a term. Everything we do, learn, feel, touch, effect, etc...science. Like anything there is good and bad.

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

I am blessed with more foresight than you. War is also a term.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

I am blessed with more foresight than you.

Really now, how exactly do you know this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join