It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Storm May Raise North Pole Temps 50 Degrees Above Normal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
"well then what about this ?" , "that's not true because of this" , "well then someone needs to tell them this". "shouldn't you be more worried bout this? ", "its fine because of this article, try learning to read" My God You people are annoying.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

My God You people are annoying.

why? because we understand that the effects of this storm will be minimal in the grand scheme of things on the climate and is a weather event and will pass in a few days.

instead of yelling like chicken little the sky is falling.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

As some of you may know I'm a miller. A miller is trained to observe the weather, though not on a global scale. But I can tell you nevertheless that locally also something has been going on with our weather, that's for sure.

Our Dutch climate seems to be more extreme today with stronger gusts of wind and higher average temperatures. Here in Holland we have had the warmest december since 1901 (when we started measuring). I have a mailbox that is roughly 400 ft away from my house and last week I walked up to it to see if any mail had arrived - wearing jeans and a T-shirt! Right, I thought, a tad chilly perhaps - but come on, normally we have temperatures around zero, some snow - and now I'm walking down my lane in a T-shirt..

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

It's colder today than it has been at any time this winter so far here in London, at about 5C. The weather has been abnormally warm otherwise. I went for a walk with the dog the other day and came back with my coat slung over my shoulder as I was far too hot with it on. I've seen a daffodil blooming in the local forest, we have a poppy flowering in our front garden and our geraniums are also flowering.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
Why focus on CO2 when methane is a far more responsible for GW?

CO2 is far more responsible than CH4, currently. While CH4 reradiates more than CO2, there's also far less of it in the atmosphere. CO2 sticks around a lot longer in the atmosphere than CH4, too.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg I went for a walk with the dog the other day and came back with my coat slung over my shoulder as I was far too hot with it on.

Same here.

During the festive season we decorate the wings of our mill with ropelights. When I started doing that - about 10 years ago - it was always a mixed pleasure: on the one hand you'd be looking forward to the result, on the other your fingers would freeze off
I recall climbing the wings of my mill wearing a shirt, sweater and a solid wind-tight Northface jacket - and still shivering. This year I just wore a vest over my T-shirt and found myself sweating.. it was 15 degrees Celsius that day.

Also, my grass keeps growing and growing. I used to stop mowing it in september since it had stopped growing by then. Then it stopped growing in oktober, now I even mowed in november and actually this year it does not even stop growing. Alas, because it is too wet to be handled by my cyclo-mower I have no options but to wait until it the grass dries again. I sure don't look forward to say february or march; sure, the grass would be dry enough, but as it keeps growing, it will be too long for the mower anyway and I'll need to resort to using a scythe first

Anyway - yes, the weather is changing. Not sure if that's permanent, if it's within the bounds of what can be expected and if not what causes it and what we can do about it. If anything. The new climate control agreement may help, but I wonder if we aren't a bit late .. I clearly recall that scientists warned us about this in the 1970s and we choose to ignore them. I hope we're not too late, as the idea of celebrating Christmas in a T-shirt and boxer shorts is not really appealing to me..

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

It has been ridiculously warm this winter in UK. I'm further north than you but I've not even got my winter wardrobe ready this year, I didn't realise until it dropped a bit cool a couple of days ago and I went for a sweater, I've broke them out two months earlier sometimes three months earlier in the past. Like you, I've been getting sweats on if I'm walking, it don't seem natural. I love a freezing winter for some reason, can't beat it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ObsidianEclipse

Well, today we finally had some ice rain and wet snow. Still, the forecasts show .. a fairly wet and warm week ahead, with temperatures roughly 5 degrees Celsium above normal. Haven't worn a warm jacket for almost a year now...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join