It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a LIV?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: amicktd

This is not an argument. I am trying to let people know not to be a LIV. How is this trolling? Trolling would be if the OP title was " All Bernie Sanders supporters are LIV's"...of which i have seen quite a bit lately which is why I created this post. To see how people felt about the terminology.

I never claimed anyone was a LIV by my statement, just saying using the argument that someone is a LIV is lazy in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: crazyewok
The funny thing is

All Republicans will call all democrats LIV and all Democrats will call all republicans LIV.

Anyone who disagrees with another positions will call them LIV.

The low info voter argument is just a lazy way to debate politics, doesn't inform anyone of anything, and is pretty much the definition of trolling.

I think you can find LIV both sides.

They are the people that can only recite party lines and slogans but cant grasp the deep concepts.

But to just dismiss someone as LIV is lazy and in some ways makes you a LIV too.

So I'm a LIV because I think using substance is the proper way to debate politics instead of just calling someone you don't agree with a LIV?

I guess so, but I will continue to debate using articles to back up my statements. So yes, if it makes me a LIV to expect someone to prove their statements then so be it.
edit on 30-12-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Like I said, I don't really buy into this LIV or "low information voter" thing.

Yup, an LIV is someone who does not agree with my enlightened view on everything. I do have some affection for the Yellow Dog Democrat, though, a venerable tradition in American politics.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: olaru12

This is not an argument. I am trying to let people know not to be a LIV. How is this trolling? Trolling would be if the OP title was " All Bernie Sanders supporters are LIV's"...of which i have seen quite a bit lately which is why I created this post. To see how people felt about the terminology.

oh please, we all know your Right wing slant on everything and where this thread is leaning. To rag on liberals....your above post proves it.

Have at it...I don't care!

oh, please, we all know your Left wing slant on everything and where this thread is leaning. To rag on conservatives. ...your above post proves it.

Have at it...I don't care!

Liberal, left wing? I guess you missed my support of Ron Paul, 2nd support, for capital punishment,...btw Hillary sucks... etc.... I have coined an new meme. LIP

Shooting from the LIP as a low information poster.

edit on 30-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Everything they've ever "known" has been proven to be wrong. A thousand years ago everybody knew as a fact, that the earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on it."

This clearly defines the world we live in and it is a simple quote from a movie. It applies to elections so well....

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Low information voting is the primary reason Democrats win elections.

The Left-slanted MSM is the messenger.

The most popular media are mostly in on the successful propaganda efforts.

TV-Radio, schools etc.

A very high percentage of your political posts are propaganda and trolling. Along with this one.

I know this is off topic, but damn somebody had to say it.
edit on 30-12-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, if you are going to be truly informed about the people running for president of the US you'd better quit your job and get busy informing yourselves now since there are literally hundreds of people registered to run for that position.
www.politics1.com...
Take a gander at the choices we have from that link. It will be a full-time job until the election to do the research to be able to call yourself a fully-informed voter.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well the following is just one side of the argument but a big one.

My theory is that most Christians are Low Information Voters. Meaning that they will vote for the candidate that quotes from the bible, loudly proclaims himself a Christian and denounces abortion and promises to work hard to overcome Roe v Wade.

On the outside this sounds like a great idea. Why wouldn't a Christian vote for a Christian? But here's the problem. Anyone, no matter how evil can proclaim himself a Christian, denounce abortion and quote from the bible...but that doesn't make him a Christian.

For example, in this election cycle. I do believe that Ben Carson is a devout Christian. Ted Cruz is not a Christian. He's an evil, opportunistic man that craves power.

Don't be deceived.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Low information voting is the primary reason Democrats win elections - this is very true historically even before the 'New '
Democrats took the party over. People simply voted party ( same can said for Republicans but you see more people leaving the GOP for an independent historically back to Teddy Roosevelt's election )

The Left-slanted MSM is the messenger - The Media has been controlled by the Democratic party for years. The biggest contributors are Time-Warner, etc. MSNBC was like a mouthpiece for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Anything the GOP said was instantly related to Bush.

The most popular media are mostly in on the successful propaganda efforts. - Facebook...Twitter...

What he said cannot simply be dismissed as party rhetoric if it is actually a fact.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Liberal, left wing? I guess you missed my support of Ron Paul, 2nd support, for capital punishment,...btw Hillary sucks... etc.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Low information voting is the primary reason Democrats win elections - this is very true historically even before the 'New '
Democrats took the party over. People simply voted party ( same can said for Republicans but you see more people leaving the GOP for an independent historically back to Teddy Roosevelt's election )

The Left-slanted MSM is the messenger - The Media has been controlled by the Democratic party for years. The biggest contributors are Time-Warner, etc. MSNBC was like a mouthpiece for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Anything the GOP said was instantly related to Bush.

The most popular media are mostly in on the successful propaganda efforts. - Facebook...Twitter...

What he said cannot simply be dismissed as party rhetoric if it is actually a fact.

Well that's all fine and dandy, but show a source like this:

Ranking the media from liberal to conservative, based on their audiences

Does that prove that the LIV's are predominately in the Liberal group? Not in my opinion. If we want to jump to conclusions without any proof then I can say that liberals are more educated than conservatives because they get their information from a broader spectrum than the conservatives.

But, you are right there are more liberal media than conservatives. I just don't agree that it automatically means liberals are less educated voters. If there was research done to determine that low information voters are predominately in the Liberal group, then please link that study.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's hard to be a "low information voter" if you're reasonably intelligent. I think this LIV is just a PC way of saying, "the moron-class of voters".

Precisely.

It's just a term used to tell people they are stupid, but without hurting their feelings.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's hard to be a "low information voter" if you're reasonably intelligent. I think this LIV is just a PC way of saying, "the moron-class of voters".

Precisely.

It's just a term used to tell people they are stupid, but without hurting their feelings.

I am not sure that is always the case.
Two of the people that I was speaking of in my first post were both Registered Nurses.
They are not morons, but so out of touch in a political sense that they voted in the election and shortly afterward did not know the names of the candidates.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ok, I should clarify that I use the term as a nice alternative to calling people stupid.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Some of the most politically stupid people out there are college educated. Many just don't give two squats about government or politics in general. Then, there are blue collar individuals with little to no college education that run circles around them when it comes to knowing the nuts and bolts of what today's issues are, who the candidates are and what their stands on the issues are, and Party affiliations.

So when the media, and/or establishment politicians discount or underestimate a percentage of Trump supporters, they are making a grave mistake.

Also, polls can be misleading because of methods and demographics some of them use in order to skew the stats.

2016 is going to be an interesting year to say the least.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: butcherguy

Ok, I should clarify that I use the term as a nice alternative to calling people stupid.

Yeah, plenty of them are stupid.... on both sides of the aisle.
But some are just really out of touch without being stupid.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I roll my old D&D dice and the one that gets a crit is who I vote for, what is that called?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

fireball...fireball...fireball.....healing potion.....

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I tend to find the opposite is true. The "blue collar" people parrot whatever AM talk radio tells them or Fox News/CNN/MSNBC. They "talk shop" at work with other LIV coworkers. These folks generally can't even tell you what the three branches of government are, or how many senators are in congress.

The college kids may have vastly inferior life experience, but they know how the system is structured and supposed to work. These kids also know how to read statistics, graphs and polls.

But, that's just MY personal experience -- it isn't representative of everyone, nation wide.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

fireball...fireball...fireball.....healing potion.....

Magic missiles never miss, remember that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join