It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby Faces Indecent Assault Charges in Montgomery County

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Authorities in suburban Philadelphia charged comic legend Bill Cosby with a felony count stemming from a sexual attack on a former Temple University employee at his Pennsylvania home in early 2004 where prosecutors allege he gave the woman wine and pills.
Cosby was charged with aggravated indecent assault, a first-degree felony, said Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman.
NBC10 Investigators reporter Harry Hairston first reported that Cosby is expected to face criminal charges.

Bill Cosby Faces Indecent Assault Charges in Montgomery County

Will Bill ee boy finally do real time? Can he buy his way out of this one? Will this be the beginning of his new orange wardrobe?

I will follow this one closely, it may be the end of the Jello Pudding rohypnol King.

How many will follow suite?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Hopefully he gets a cell right next to Jared.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I hope so. Lock that rapist up and throw away the key.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

He better get ready for some Puddin' Pops.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have a problem with all this Cosby rape crap. If the women (some say close to forty women) were raped or even thought they were raped while on drugs or passed out, why didn't even ONE run to the police, walk to the police, call the police or even write a letter to the police before any statue of limitations ran out? Golddiggers, everyone, I say!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
I have a problem with all this Cosby rape crap. If the women (some say close to forty women) were raped or even thought they were raped while on drugs or passed out, why didn't even ONE run to the police, walk to the police, call the police or even write a letter to the police before any statue of limitations ran out? Golddiggers, everyone, I say!

it is interesting that new people join the bandwagon as time goes on, but I don't understand why they don't use the newest and really great lie detectors and find the truth. Nowadays the government has foolproof secret methods why can't we use them. I would submit to truth serum.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have a problem with all this Cosby rape crap.

People get very uncomfortable if someone that they thought was decent and good isn't, and they become angry and lash out at the person that is saying that a comforting, pillar of morality is a fraud. Also, in the 70's, 80's and even the 90's it was culturally thought to be a woman's fault if she were drugged and deserved whatever happened to her anyway. After all, she "put herself in that position" by being a "fame seeking whore", so she deserved it.

Long story short, no one would have believed them and if they were believed, no one would be blaming Bill Cosby, they would blame the women coming forward. If this happened as they said then many of these women were certainly scared and at least a few probably believed the societal perspective that it was their fault not his, so they were ashamed.

I don't know if he is guilty, but I think there is a good chance that he is guilty of at least some of it. I find it hard to believe that all of these women are lying but there is the possibility for a money motivation for at least some. I don't think that a money motivation is the case for this lady and this incident though, and it would be hard to even make the She's Just a Fame Whore "argument" that is so common. But we will have to wait and see how this plays out before passing judgment one way or another. I'm glad that there can be a more formal and rigorous legal mechanism in play now to try to get to the truth whatever that may be.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Some did but the police and prosecutors ignored them because it was Bill Cosby.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
My question with all of this (and I do believe the women involved given Cosbys power in the industry and the culture of the time frame these incidents are alleged to have occurred).

All that said, for an amateur pharmacologist (Cosby adding drugs to alcoholic beverages repeatedly with a large number of women who could harbor various heart/seizure issues that a potential rapist would NOT know of until it's too late) Cosby was incredibly lucky (or there is a death or life changing neuro issue waiting to also break).

He allegedly drugged many women. At some point, one of his victims could have either died or suffered brain damage from his amateur pharmacology. A congenital heart issue and improper sedation are a deadly mix; as is the case w/a person with a history of seizures. Remember people die from routine medical procedures due to unknown congenital heart problems in CONTROLLED medical settings, and here we have 40 some (no doubt more--and that's where I think other crimes may be found) being medicated into unconsciousness via a comedian with a bottle of pills.

Scary and needs investigated. There could be more above and beyond rape charges here.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wounder how much hes going to like jello after having tossed someones salad in jail.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Sexual predators tend to be very good at what they do. Think of the thousands of kids abused by family members, or priests, or family friends who don't say anything. Why is that do you think? Because the predators make them think that they are alone.

If you think to 20 years ago (just taking one timeline as an example), Cosby was probably the most loved celebrity in the US.
It would have been one 'golddigger' against America's most loved father. Now the victims know they were not alone, they can stand together.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

Agreed; With all of that $$$$$$, he went to the dark side and used it and the fact that he was a celebrity to 'hook-up' -Additionally, 20 yrs ago the net was only 5yrs old & people were afraid to turn in the predators quite often... It is sad, I knew a few college girls that had bad experiences.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

As far as I know no one got any gold prior or after the revelation , and slipping mickies was a thing back in the day today the term is called date rape drugs and there were complaints and I believe an outta court settlement, I loved me some Bill but I have face the fact that he is rapey.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Will he be able to buy his way out? Of course and that's because we have the best justice system money can buy!

(post by JackReyes removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
My question with all of this (and I do believe the women involved given Cosbys power in the industry and the culture of the time frame these incidents are alleged to have occurred).

All that said, for an amateur pharmacologist (Cosby adding drugs to alcoholic beverages repeatedly with a large number of women who could harbor various heart/seizure issues that a potential rapist would NOT know of until it's too late) Cosby was incredibly lucky (or there is a death or life changing neuro issue waiting to also break).

He allegedly drugged many women. At some point, one of his victims could have either died or suffered brain damage from his amateur pharmacology. A congenital heart issue and improper sedation are a deadly mix; as is the case w/a person with a history of seizures. Remember people die from routine medical procedures due to unknown congenital heart problems in CONTROLLED medical settings, and here we have 40 some (no doubt more--and that's where I think other crimes may be found) being medicated into unconsciousness via a comedian with a bottle of pills.

Scary and needs investigated. There could be more above and beyond rape charges here.

I've always thought about this when the topic of date rape drugs or any "slipping" someone drugs they're not aware of. I believe in all cases, it should be considered attempted murder. Obviously, rape is plenty bad on its own, but when you slip someone drugs, unbeknownst to them, you're taking them out of control of their own life and taking it into your own unskilled hands, completely disavowing their right to choose whether or not to consume mind and body altering drugs. It's a non-sexual rape in and of itaelf.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Very well said. I wonder where all these leads will take investigators. When the story first broke (a couple years ago) there was a search of the Playboy Mansion....and at the time I thought why? Evidence would surely be gone after many years, but what if it was something so memorable (a young woman in serious medical crisis) that it would be remembered by long time staff--OR vague memories of an injured victims statement "I woke in the room on the second floor, middle of this certain hallway....they carried me passed this painting down these stairs..." Again just my thoughts...

Imo opinion, this goes beyond what's been released.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
From my years on this sick planet I have learned that the real reason rape victims don't come forward right away is because they just want to "forget about it" and move on with their lives. It's not until they realize that they cannot forget about being violated that they go to the proper authorities. Unfortunately, it is usually too late to prosecute by then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join