It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in a ''Heaven"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Here is an interesting read
www.near-death.com...

What I think?
I have some experiences regarding heaven.
In my sleep i have been to what some people call '''heaven''. I have numerous experiences but I will describe one of them. I found myself in the afterlife, i just knew it was. I found myself floating higher higher up into the astral realms. Every time i floated more and up the beauty was more. I found myself in an astral plane, the waters in the sea were turquise and crystal clear, I took a bathe, but my sense of water was only about 1/2 or 1/4 of that on earth. Then i floated up into apartment, the apartment just looked just like Earth apartments, it had a kitchen a bedroom and hall. In the kitchen i opened the fridge and there was pre-packaged fruit, pineapple and some other fruit. I tasted the fruit but it tasted only half the taste of the fruit on earth.

I discovered that sensory experiences such as eating and bathing do exist in heaven, but the sensation is only half of that on earth. I also have talked to other spirits in heaven, asking them where they are from, when they died and tips on how to live a great earth life.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
No, I don't. But what puzzles me the most is, what happens to us when we are no longer alive and breathing. No one knows the answer to that.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I do believe there's a higher spiritual place after we die. We can call it heaven or a multidimensional place where our energies will flow to after death.

Even science seems slowly to be convinced that the existence of other dimensions besides our own exists.
Looking at event's today one wonders if mankind deserves such a place , for all our wrongdoings in the world . It blinds us from the divine being that's what evil wants to deflect us as if we are just walking meatballs ..

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
No. I'm agnostic but I lean much closer to atheist.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: optimisitcplanet
NO. No heaven no hell no afterlife. No floating around the room whilst on the surgeons table. All this floating around, tunnels of light etc etc is simply your brain reacting to the situation it is in.

Can't find the link but : there was a surgeon who kept being told of these experiences by his patients. He posted a picture on top of a cupboard in the theatre. Whenever anyone told him about floating above their body he asked them what was on the picture.....guess what? Nobody could answer the question. Conclusion: it's all in the imagination.

Second problem : How come people in the afterlife always come back to us? Think about this. Invariably the living want to contact their dead older relatives. That's the normal situation for the vast majority, your parents die before you. Surely a parent when alive would want to contact their parent and when they die they will then have the opportunity to visit their parents. Why would they bother with their children who are still alive? It's not like they will be grieving for children who are still living a full life is it? It makes absolutely no sense whatsover.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Nobody has any experience with anything related to the after life.

(The following is not directed at the OP, just people in general)

Not anybody you can talk to anyway. Here's the simple truth:

Do you know what happens when you die?

Have you died and came back in order to find out?

No?

Then it makes sense, to assume, that you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about. And that would apply to anybody who claims to know anything of certainty about the afterlife.

Most people have NDE's are just trippin' on the variety of drugs being flushed into your system, from your brain/pineal gland anyway.

Although I really do like to read the stories of what they experienced, it's always fascinating.

~Tenth
edit on 12/30/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If you choose to live a good life without excessive sin and show love and respect to all...
you will be living "heaven on earth" (good family, respect in your daily life, love, ect)
If you choose to live a bad life, full of sin and hate, without any love or respect for your fellow man..
you will find yourself living in a "hell on earth" (bad life experience, possibly prison, ect.)

I believe in heaven in our everyday lives
and hell in that aspect too.
As for the afterlife? Who knows. I just try and be good to people (key word 'try')

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I believe in Heaven, but I do not believe it is possible to see it unless one is not only dead, but remains so. The point of no return is not reached until resuscitation is a functional impossibility, and hence it is my belief that the stories of folk coming back from the edge of death with tales of this and that, are nothing more than stories. They may even be stories that those individuals believe, but products of little more than a neurological process we do not quite understand, given narrative by a mind on the brink of extinction. A tale to aid the route to eternal slumber, told by the mind, to itself by mechanisms thus far mysterious to us.

No one has glimpsed heaven, who yet walks the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

No, I don't believe in a heaven...at least certainly not like the ones described in religions.

I do, however, have an open mind to the possibility that this existence is not the only one that our consciousness will experience, but I don't subscribe that to being a soul, and I don't believe said soul goes to a biblical heaven.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Something like this: Scientific American?

I subscribe to this explanation (or similar) much more than I would some supernatural experience that shows the existence of a heaven. We may differ on our idea of a heaven, but we seem agreed upon the basis of "near-death experiences."

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
......Do you believe in a ''Heaven" ?.............

Heaven as a reward for living a proper style life...NO
Heaven as another Dimension beyond this physical, observable Universe...YES

I have experienced two NDEs one in '72 the other in '97, both NDEs were unlike the other, so I would think that puts aside the 'brain reaction' theory...the journey to the waiting-room at Heaven is unique to each NDE, just as the 'interview' to stay-or-not is not a structured event, needless to say I had chosen to return to the world of the living on Earth in both NDEs

Heaven....the best reflection I have heard... is that Heaven is the Realm where we join our Ancestors
(more along the lines of the grouping-consolidating our individual line of Family DNA...
instead of a 'Biblical kind of Heaven' with a cross section of a society-of-Believers as re-born humans in a spiritual body))
edit on th31145148350230512015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

"Belief" being the subject, but I can only answer what I believe.

Interestingly neither the Hebrew Scripture nor Christ in the Gospels mention anything about going to Heaven when we die. The Christian interpretation through the Prophets of the New Testament, particularly Revelation, is that the earth will be made new and a resurrection of all souls will happen. In the last part of Revelation it is stated that God will descend upon the new earth to live with the new humanity.

There are numerous accounts of certain Christians being taken up in the Spirit and having visions of the Throne of God and the Heavenly Host that correspond with the Hebrew visionaries like Ezekiel and Daniel.

I am more of less of that belief that there is a place or dimension of Heaven, but humans don't go there when we die. Christ said that between death and resurrection there is but a blinking of an eye.

edit on 30-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
No, I don't. But what puzzles me the most is, what happens to us when we are no longer alive and breathing. No one knows the answer to that.

Maybe there is no such thing as death. Maybe we simply shed this physical body and become a Butterfly, metaphorically speaking. What happens after that? *shrugs* Guess we'll all know soon enough. But I seriously doubt any kind of "heaven" exists that we could define in this dimension.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't have any reason to believe there is an afterlife.

IMO dead is dead.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad your logic is flawed, yes your claiming your quoting a story from a surgeon who should be a reliable source but how do you know he can perform a controlled experiment, that's a very flawed experiment if someone leaves there body there is no saying what controlled variables apply, maybe they only see tunnel vision, there is no evidence to say its real or not based on your #ty explanation, don't post misinformation as fact.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified Anything is possible, everything in the universe has a code to it just like a computer, every chemical makes a reaction, every disease has a cure, changing life is no different than creating code to modify a game or to hack a program, the mind is more powerful than people understand, everything in this thread is possible for yourself if you believe enough. When you learn something knew and you doubt that you can do it, your going to do it wrong, when you know you can do it, the outcome is preconceived, these two laws go hand in hand, and anything in your own life can be accomplished with these understandings. Nothing is impossible.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I think "Near-death.com makes a huge assumption which is incorrect when it says that

"Religions have been created to help people find heaven after death".

Religions give poor people and those in need hope, but as no one from any of them has ever been to heaven and then returned to tell us anything about it, its a spurious claim they have no business making.

Many religions believe in reincarnation which, as a therapist I have found that people I have regressed have indeed gone back into past lives. They clearly haven't gone to any heaven so I would rather hedge my bet on reincarnating than some utopian promise made by men who earn their living off the backs of people who work.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: musicismagic

Maybe there is no such thing as death. Maybe we simply shed this physical body and become a Butterfly, metaphorically speaking. What happens after that? *shrugs* Guess we'll all know soon enough. But I seriously doubt any kind of "heaven" exists that we could define in this dimension.

I have often used the caterpillar changing into a butterfly metaphor to illustrate my...what I believe.
I do not in any way think that there's this petty god with some superiority complex judging humans by some flawed, hypocritical human law. While I do believe in some sort of "Supreme Being", this Being is not being taught in any church that I am aware of - and we may all be small pieces of this Being or something.
I see our "mortal life" as an experience. Not good not evil - just a mortal experience for our immortal "soul" and perhaps, for whatever reason, we choose not to remember our true nature because it would take away from this experience. If we knew for sure that we could just jump off a building and "check out" when things sucked too badly, we wouldn't stay for the whole "trip".
I also think we likely choose to take this mortal trip many times so that we can experience everything mortal life can offer. The good, the bad, richness, poverty, being a great person or being a horrendous person - it's all just for the experience and, while in our mortal shell, we can't conceive of why we would want to experience "bad"... but it all just enriches our immortal selves. At some point we probably stop visiting Earth as mortals and move on to other places or whatever.

Or something like that anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7 I like your views and your reasoning, personally I have found evidence that points to the possibility of reincarnation and leaving this reality after death, my belief is that you reincarnate until you are "mature" enough to live among the beings in the true after life, beings that could have reincarnated multiple times and may have lived as different beings being reincarnated on a different planet, physical life is physical life whether on earth or another advanced planet that can support life. I know this may seem like a random question, but like you said about people talking to you about past lives, have they ever said things to support that there current state could be from a desired experience before reincarnation, for example if you could will yourself into the existence you need to experience a certain lifestyle, during that short moment of death between reincarnation.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I believe that we are more than our physical bodies.

I don't know that I believe in the Christian version of heaven but I do believe in an afterlife.

I think that we are here to learn and that it takes more than one lifetime to learn about this physical existence.

Most likely, we can't understand the reality of our afterlife

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join