It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Of The Many Face of Racism in America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I usually don't do threads on random internet racist and commentaries unless there is a political angle or criminality involved, after all a racist is just a person with an opinion unless he or she have some impact on my or the lives of others, the vid was shared with me on Fb.

In the vid a group is having a sit in demonstration about the effects of fracking which is pretty innocuous not many people like that flaming B52 like shot coming from the tap every time, the first time was probably cute after that enough already, a man came up and engaged the group in conversation which is cool we want dialog he starts out being rude which is a downer but hey free speech yada yada yada waddeva.

Then he turned his attention to perhaps the one black guy who is doing the filming and ooh boy down hill from there, now to his credit the brother kept it kool and focused on the job of filming I'd like to think I would be the same and not passed the camera to the closest person and go ham on his azz but in the end I would have been wrong even if it felt good walking all over his face..nothing happened the dude walked,but I wonder though did the black dude went home that night and punched holes in the walls.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Spider879 because: Fix sentence upon request.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I hope that you also noticed that the whites there in the group along with the camera operator were defending him.

I know it's a terrible thing, obnoxious people pushing buttons, he's a stupid ass.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Booshka
I hope that you also noticed that the whites there in the group along with the camera operator were defending him.

I know it's a terrible thing, obnoxious people pushing buttons, he's a stupid ass.

Off course I noticed that, they were all under attack and he was part of their group, it would have unthinkable if they left him out to dry, am just saying as you noticed he went from pro fracking to racist button pusher in a quick min, I was just wondering what my reaction would have been, and how would I not fail keeping it together.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My own son is mixed ( Asian/white ) I would feel exactly like you, wanting to bust him in his smart assed mouth, and would have done it before my son or husband, but you would have just added fuel to the fire for the butt munch.

Overall he should STFU ...
... Boooom ....

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
I usually don't do threads on random internet racist and commentaries unless there is a political angle or criminality involved, after all a racist is just a person with an opinion unless he or she have some impact on my or the lives of others, the vid was shared with me on Fb, in the vid a group is having a sit in demonstration about the effects of fracking which is pretty innocuous not many people like that flaming B52 like shot coming from the tap every time, the first time was probably cute after that enough already, a man came up and engaged the group in conversation which is cool we want dialog he starts out being rude which is a downer but hey free speech yada yada yada waddeva, then he turned his attention to perhaps the one black guy who is doing the filming and ooh boy down hill from there, now to his credit the brother kept it kool and focused on the job of filming I'd like to think I would be the same and not passed the camera to the closest person and go ham on his azz but in the end I would have been wrong even if it felt good walking all over his face..nothing happened the dude walked,but I wonder though did the black dude went home that night and punched holes in the walls.

That's the longest sentence that I ever saw!
I'd just drop a period or two anywhere, so my mind doesn't get breathless! *__-

On racism;
We are all (hardwired) racists!
We are either recovering or practicing!
Denial = practicing.
Personally, I'm recovering! *__-

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Spider879
I usually don't do threads on random internet racist and commentaries unless there is a political angle or criminality involved, after all a racist is just a person with an opinion unless he or she have some impact on my or the lives of others, the vid was shared with me on Fb, in the vid a group is having a sit in demonstration about the effects of fracking which is pretty innocuous not many people like that flaming B52 like shot coming from the tap every time, the first time was probably cute after that enough already, a man came up and engaged the group in conversation which is cool we want dialog he starts out being rude which is a downer but hey free speech yada yada yada waddeva, then he turned his attention to perhaps the one black guy who is doing the filming and ooh boy down hill from there, now to his credit the brother kept it kool and focused on the job of filming I'd like to think I would be the same and not passed the camera to the closest person and go ham on his azz but in the end I would have been wrong even if it felt good walking all over his face..nothing happened the dude walked,but I wonder though did the black dude went home that night and punched holes in the walls.

That's the longest sentence that I ever saw!
I'd just drop a period or two anywhere, so my mind doesn't get breathless! *__-

On racism;
We are all (hardwired) racists!
We are either recovering or practicing!
Denial = practicing.
Personally, I'm recovering! *__-

Lmao on the long sentence comment!

We're not hard wired racists, just hard wired prejudiced... The whole "birds of a feather" thing comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Ok thanks will fix the sentence, Hardwired racist, naaw at least Im not and it's not a denial thing either, I grew up with all kinds of friends and it carried over into my Navy yrs and after, not saying I had no experience with racism but the min I started to go down that road because of a bad experience, my friends would popped up in my consciousness.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
He was a grown child. Is it really that shocking that a someone with the mentality of a toddler would be ignorant, aggressive and a bigot??? Nope. It should be expected actually.

Did you think he'd have an actual reasonable and intelligent argument that would somehow make sense of how he acted?? Of course not.

I would of laughed my ass off every time he opened his stupid mouth. I kinda feel sorry for the guy. He's not smart enough to know how ignorant he is.

He even said how he'd only seen 10 black people his whole life as if that is something to be proud about.

Cool man, so you're ignorant of the world you live in, good for you I guess. I wouldn't brag about that myself, but if you think that's a good thing go for it. Now grab your sippy cup, get back in your truck and go take a nap because I think baby is getting fussy and us grown ups have stuff to do.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wherever he worked at... I'm betting he won't be working there for much longer.

Call it a hunch.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I reckon he was acting, taking the spotlight from the anti fracking people

Something about his demeanor and body language just doesn't sit right

link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Call it a hunch.

Why not?? Do you think the guys he works with are any different than him??? It's not like they wouldn't have noticed his personality flaws by now.

Guys like him are everywhere. Like him they totally identify with him too because they think the same as him and they all love how they think and don't care what you think.

So why care what he thinks??? He's having a swell time with his child like mind and mans body. You're not going to fix him because he likes being who he is. Nobody can fix him now, it's too late. Aside from major therapy or some trauma based mind control what you see is what you get. His parents raised a big dumb racist who likes being a big dumb racist. So be it.

link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Call it a hunch.

This gonna sound weird especially coming from me, but he was not on the job and I don't know if he is any good at his job, but I think and not for his sake but for the rest of us who make comments on line sometimes unpopular, would not lose our jobs over it..well unless one is a sales rep or something that would damage the company's bottom line.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

This is life on the cutting edges, isn't it? The protesters want to stop fracking in the area to preserve it. They feel threatened that they're losing the environment to commercial interests. The guy comes over because he feels threatened by them. He's threatened that the protesters are risking his livelihood.

In a way, the sides are reflecting that dynamic between opposing interests. It's ancient and usually a violent line.

Cultural notes aside, the guy comes across like a proper asshole. He's weighed himself up and realises he could beat any of the protesters. He's there in the comfort zone of knowing they can't defend themselves. I'd expect him to have stepped it up if he'd have had company. I notice that the area is ~99% white so his comment about rarely seeing a black guy is probably close to true.

His monkey noises were well-practiced I thought. Now there's a guy who's no stranger to casual racism! The tension in the scene would have been a prelude to the protesters being beaten near to death. How many times in the past have similar scenes led to lynchings and beatings?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The guys he works for may or may not be any better than him but in the real world money talks and bravo sierra walks. If this causes enough backlash to the company that employs him, they will drop him like a hot rock. Somebody will drop his docs as that is just the way this stuff works. The public will scream for his head louder than the Red Queen.

I am not advocating for the man to lose his job at all, I am just foreseeing the future based on the past. Not doing it on the job will not keep people from trying to cost him as much as they can once they find out who he is and where he works. I am almost willing to bet my own money that unless he works for himself, then people will indeed call for his job because they refuse to do business with people who employ/harbor racists/bigots.
edit on 12/30/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm with you Spider, I would have been tempted to test my boxing skills, which are terrible btw.

Bro kept a cool head. Knowing me, I would have egged him on, then would have mocked him and his slanted and eurocentric world view.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
A 25-30 year old approaches a 60+ year old grey haired man and asks him what he's done with his life.

Bloody priceless !

A snot-nosed kid questioning the work ethic of someone who's most likely just recently retired after spending 40+ years of his life paying into the tax system.

Bwahahahahaha.

You just can't make this stuff up folks !

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I am not advocating for the man to lose his job at all, I am just foreseeing the future based on the past. Not doing it on the job will not keep people from trying to cost him as much as they can once they find out who he is and where he works. I am almost willing to bet my own money that unless he works for himself, then people will indeed call for his job because they refuse to do business with people who employ/harbor racists/bigots.

Also true and my eyes would remain as dry as salt flats.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Sure if they get enough heat from it but I don't think they will. Kandinsky has a good point. To him and probably his crew and boss he's on the right side fighting for jobs.

Do you think he understands the complexity of conservationism and what fracking is doing to his land and water and air??? No. Because he's a grown ass man, who is fully aware that he's among strangers who he doesn't know and fears because they are different than him and he's making monkey noises at another grown man. Monkey noises to a stranger.

You don't reason with someone like that because they are only able to be reasonable to the limits which they have. Which in his case probably isn't much more than Beer, Boobs and whatever physical labor he does. You wouldn't waste your time reasoning with a wild boar in the wild because it won't work regardless of how good your argument is. You either get the hell out of his way or take him down if he charges. Otherwise your better off just letting him pass you by.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
I read his actions much the same way, though I felt his anger and frustration.

There is something deeper, and painful, going on inside of that guy. Something that is hurting him so bad that he wants to hurt other people so he doesn't feel alone in his pain, or to antagonize someone to the point that they will take him out of his pain.

I am so pleased that no one gave into the impulse, but maybe being so close to him, they could sense his pain and hopelessness.

I can only imagine just how inhumane he must feel having to make a choice between destroying his land and home for the need of money.

Everyday people are having to make choices that eat away at their hearts and soul. We have allowed money and material things become the altars at which we worship. It is just now become observable the damage it does to our minds and souls. We are at last starting to see the decay of our humanity and of ourselves.

We are all infected. We are all sick. We are just moments away from making that choice. Life for the sake of breathing or dying for the sake of living.

We can see the disease in others but we are blind to the disease in ourselves. We are so blind and in denial that we scream when we see the monsters that others are becoming, we point fingers and call them out, while we sit preparing our children for the slaughter.

We think we are so informed, so awake, so prepared. We are no more than game pieces in the land of Oz. Whether inside the palace or out, we are just pawns in a game we can never win, no matter how lucky you think you are, or how well you think you know the game or the players.

We can't win, so we need to stop playing the game.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I would check your contract and read the fine print. Most companies that get their money from investors or from the common folk, have a clause that will get your butt shown the door toot sweet, if you go against their mission statement or will lose then any potential revenue.

That guy didn't look high enough up the ladder to have a cushion or a parachute if he fell, or was pushed.

<<   2  3 >>

join