It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy's endorsement of Rubio.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I admit to being at a loss to exactly what this means. Trey Gowdy is supposedly a Tea party member. Rubio an heir apparent to Jeb Bush 'nomination' as the Establishment Republicans' choice for President.

I stood for Trey when it seemed the Republicans hid their heads in the sand with anything to do with Hillary's acts. He stood virtually alone, from what I recall.

Is this a Republican-Tea party coalition to counter Trump? If it is, it is a sad day.

I'd have thought Cruz would be more the likely choice for Trey. Obviously there's more here than meets the eye and my knowledge is limited to what we've been 'fed' and a bit of reading between the lines.

Anyone have some knowledge/theories that might clarify this.

It's way beyond my understanding.
edit on 29-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

In my opinion, this is the machine... at work... Rubio is the man for the establishment, since JEB (despite all his ads) has failed miserably to gain a foothold...

Sorry to see Trey join in, I thought he was one who wanted to change the culture... I guess he had a price...

What do the people need to do, to say that we are tired of the status quo.... DEM or REP....

OMG.. here we go again?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

In my opinion, this is the machine... at work... Rubio is the man for the establishment, since JEB (despite all his ads) has failed miserably to gain a foothold...

Sorry to see Trey join in, I thought he was one who wanted to change the culture... I guess he had a price...

What do the people need to do, to say that we are tired of the status quo.... DEM or REP....

OMG.. here we go again?

Are we down to Trump?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Not in my eyes...

I am still in the Carson camp...

I like a calm, compassionate candidate who is willing to work with others, not someone who wants to shove their personal ideas down the throat of those who oppose... haven't we dealt with that the past 2 administrations?

Hope and Change and the Arab Spring has done so well after GW's reign...

16 years later, and we are no better..... we need a leader, not a LIAR or a self centered TV show star...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Not in my eyes...

I am still in the Carson camp...

I like a calm, compassionate candidate who is willing to work with others, not someone who wants to shove their personal ideas down the throat of those who oppose... haven't we dealt with that the past 2 administrations?

Hope and Change and the Arab Spring has done so well after GW's reign...

16 years later, and we are no better..... we need a leader, not a LIAR or a self centered TV show star...

I like Carson.

ALL politicians are 'liars'.

Carson is not a politician. I really believe he has a role to play. Perhaps V.P. Perhaps surgeon general and in charge of health care, as well.

If a liar is the worst of Trumps flaws, not being bought or 'whipped' by either party, he then, stands alone.

The situation is that desperate.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

After watching his performance at the Hillary inquest, it doesn't surprise me at all.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

After watching his performance at the Hillary inquest, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Could you explain that?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

OMG.. here we go again?

I do not like people who do nothing but politics their whole lives, and Rubio is at least a somewhat new person that hasn't spent the last 30 years or more living some politicians life having zero clue to what the "little people" need or want.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

OMG.. here we go again?

I do not like people who do nothing but politics their whole lives, and Rubio is at least a somewhat new person that hasn't spent the last 30 years or more living some politicians life having zero clue to what the "little people" need or want.

Fair enough. The same can be said for Carly, Trump, Carson....

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: greencmp

Could you explain that?

I thought he did a terrible job to the point of throwing the match.

Granted, he either didn't have or couldn't or wouldn't present the details that have since surfaced.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You need to dive deeper into Rubios pedigree...

I won't say anything more respecting your views on Marco's efforts...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

OMG.. here we go again?

Fair enough. The same can be said for Carly, Trump, Carson....

I agree, but a splash of politics doesn't hurt. We saw with the wet behind the ears Obama not know how to do anything for his first 4 years, I really do not want too much OJT as president, but then Obama only had "community organizer" as his skill other than school, so maybe I'm not being fair to others thinking they might fail as bad as him...hehe

edit on 29-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

You need to dive deeper into Rubios pedigree...

I won't say anything more respecting your views on Marco's efforts...

Are you talking about his Cuban history? To be honest I do not think any of them are A team material, but hey we don't have a lot of choices.

The funny part is Cruz is the smartest of the bunch but is also a religious loon...go figure.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with his ethnicity.... it has everything to do with the same folks who brought forth Bush 1 Bush 2 and since Bush 3 isn't working, they need a backup plan....

It's not rocket science...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Fixed it.
edit on 30-12-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with his ethnicity.... it has everything to do with the same folks who brought forth Bush 1 Bush 2 and since Bush 3 isn't working, they need a backup plan....

Koch Brothers are into everything nothing new. Same with old Gorge on the left.

Just don't know.. Bush 3, Cuban Bush 1, religious loon, a generic loon, a failed CEO, and a doctor that at times I think is OK and other time I have concerns about, oh and some mob looking guy from Jersey.

edit on 30-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Koch Brothers are into everything nothing new. Same with old Gorge on the left.

Just don't know.. Bush 3, Cuban Bush 1, religious loon, a generic loon, a failed CEO, and a doctor that at times I think is OK and other time I have concerns about, oh and some mob looking guy from Jersey.

From what I understand, the Koch brothers aren't backing anyone until the nomination is decided.

new topics

top topics

join