It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Punch Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've just after getting through watching OPM and if you haven't seen it and like anime(even if you don't for that fact, generally not a huge fan of anime myself but enjoyed this) I highly recommend it, excellent show. I have a question about the manga though. Has anyone here read it and if so would I need to read it? Am I missing out on much or can I safely skip it? Cheers

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
im hearing a lot of this anime.. is it only 12 episodes?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anansi
im hearing a lot of this anime.. is it only 12 episodes?

Yeah only 12 episodes and bout 25min each, bit short but enjoyed every episode, good humor/artwork/action. Give it a look of you're into anime. A friend recommended it to me and I ended up binge watching in 2 nights.
edit on 29-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
I've actually never heard of it but, oddly enough, I was scrolling through the channels I'm subscribed to on youtube and found this:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's pretty hilarious.

Remember:

100 Push ups

100 Sit ups

100 Squats

10km Run

Never use air conditioning no matter how hot or cold.

Every day for 3 years.
edit on -06:00Tue, 29 Dec 2015 22:54:16 -0600201529America/Chicago2015-12-29T22:54:16-06:0031vx12 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
I have a question about the manga though. Has anyone here read it and if so would I need to read it? Am I missing out on much or can I safely skip it? Cheers

Generally you don't have to read the Manga if you watch the anime they're usually similar in story. However, plot and characters can change between the manga and Anime. The biggest reason to read the manga is if the story continues beyond the anime.

That said One Punch Man is on my watch list.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Starrunner

Someone said that there is bonus stories at the end of chapters also in the manga. Is it worth while reading them or just skipping by them?
edit on 30-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It bloody hilarious, flickers of comedic gold throughout the whole series. I love the way he is so nonchalant about it all. Just a hero for fun

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The manga is just a bit more gritty with it's wording and sometimes more gruesome with the fight scenes... As of now you're not missing much because they're building up the next villain, he's not a coming out of nowhere type of character so he's actually taking a little while to build up..

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
The manga is just a bit more gritty with it's wording and sometimes more gruesome with the fight scenes... As of now you're not missing much because they're building up the next villain, he's not a coming out of nowhere type of character so he's actually taking a little while to build up..

Cheers jh, a change of pace then in regards to other other villains. Although I thought it was great that the villains just popped up with ridiculous origin stories only to be defeated straightaway. Is the manga much further ahead of the anime?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

No I wouldn't say so, you could finish it in a few hours I'd say if you really like the series. Different villains will pop up but they are now working on the anti-saitama you could say. I would suggest the read if you like the anime, it won't take too much time out of your day...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

Cheers bud

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Love the theme song, your post made me go search it up on YT.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
Love the theme song, your post made me go search it up on YT.

Ooonnneee Punch!

There is a character Puri Puri Prisoner, he is a comical character but his music when fighting is pretty kickass.

new topics

top topics

join