It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, this is how a Milennial sees a solution to the "Living Wage" issue....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Mamma needs a new handbag. You don't know what it's like brah

She got one for Christmas but I make that green, yo.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: nullafides

You see one article in Gawker and paint an entire generation as people who all want a "base living wage"? And I'm supposed to take you seriously? You should have "Get off my lawn" tattooed on your forehead.

No, this is merely indicative of the feel good movement towards the "living wage" hike...

Nice try.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

I gotta know ... Where in the world are YOU living?

That is so much more expensive for everything than what we pay.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

Sorry...

I just don't buy it.

Life is not about fair. Life is not about whining and having things handed to you.

I've worked my ass off.

If you want what I've got, so should you.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: Teddy916

Sorry to burst your bubble, but every generational youth coming of age experiences the SAME negative conditions you have outlined. There is nothing going on here that has not happened to your ancestors in the past. Read some history, and you will see that.

There has always been:

• Wars
  • Depressions
  • Unemployment
  • Social unrest
  • Environmental tragedies
  • Natural disasters

No, I understand that. What I meant was the perspective of today's people. Like how the information age, through the use of the internet, cable, radio, etc. has opened up a world for anyone to research different topics and communicate.

Also, many peoples lives have been affected differently from past and current events like terrorism and wars, economic recessions, racial issues, and so forth. Of course this has, and will always, affect humanity. But I was trying to point out people are just cynical about our leaders, and many have come to see "alternative" ideas as a mean to solve our problems we're facing today. However, that doesn't mean their ideas will work in the real world.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wish I wasn't leaving and was home and not on vacation... so want to respond to this thread. So will say this.

Is everyone getting the bare essentials really that bad? Room over head, food, and health care is bare essentials. After that is taken care of everything else should be earned.

Are people really so self centered that this is asking too much?

Have to go, so will leave it with that simple thing.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Negative, ghost rider. Check your privilege and help Augustus get the Versace bus in gear.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Is everyone getting the bare essentials really that bad? Room over head, food, and health care is bare essentials. After that is taken care of everything else should be earned.

Where are the trillion of dollars in perpetuity going to come from?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It only requires trillions of dollars because humanity has arbitrarily decided it does. Money is a made up concept.

link   

Wish I wasn't leaving and was home and not on vacation... so want to respond to this thread. So will say this.

Are people really so self centered that this is asking too much?

Have to go, so will leave it with that simple thing.

The idea is not bad. Figuring out how to pay for it and who does is what's so bad.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Negative, ghost rider. Check your privilege and help Augustus get the Versace bus in gear.

We leave in 5, Donatella has champagne waiting for us.

link   

Ever hear about a little thing called "bail-in"? You will. No matter what you earn, it isn't yours and banks will take your money that fast to bail-in the central banks.

So by all means, go forward and earn that living wage!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The resources exist. The ability to do it exists. The only thing stopping it is an arbitrary broken system and corruption.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It only requires trillions of dollars because humanity has arbitrarily decided it does. Money is a made up concept.

Good to know. Try paying your utility bill in concepts instead of dollars and tell me how it works out.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

But now, the millennial generation wants a "base living wage" for everyone?

Trying to deny you've said something that's easily quoted and pointed out is just stupid. I'd tell you nice try... but it wasn't... it was lame. Your premise is even lamer.
edit on 29-12-2015 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

... and the idea that I go to work and work hard to produce something that others who do nothing will enjoy while I will enjoy exactly the same as them.

What did I do to deserve a life of toil for the same fruits as those who do nothing?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

But, those items you just mentioned happened when I was coming of age. Only then, it was the threat of the cold war and whether you would ACTUALLY wake up in the morning and not be nuked overnight. Civil and racial tensions? Two words, Watts Riots. Economic recessions, did you ever have to experience gas rationing? Meaning gas stations RAN OUT of gasoline and shut down. As for terrorism, there were more airline hijackings then than now, and a little event in Munich at the Olympics might be worth a read for you too.

I was a cynical as they come at the time regarding our "leaders". They were either getting shot and killed, or were lying, cheating and stealing elections. I was sure we were going to blow ourselves up, anarchy and self-reliance was on the rise. Religious cults were everywhere, and these resulted in people killing themselves as they were convinced the end of the world was nigh.

Sound familiar?

edit on 12/29/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
People just don't get that the issue is inflation. We don't need higher wages or more welfare. What we need is more buying power, and that means a smaller federal government, tied up in the back yard with a choke-collar and muzzle.

-Replace all taxes with a flat tax on sales that cannot exceed 10%, and must be reduced within 5 years (by vote) to a minimum of 1%. If you can live without buying, you live without taxes.

-Eliminate Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Obamacare, Food Stamps, Federal Loans, etc. Give charities the opportunity to set an example.

-Replace fiat currency with a commodity backed system.

-Disband and prosecute the Federal Reserve.

Those four points, if implemented, would bring USA a level of prosperity it has never seen before.

Sadly it won't happen. America will be taxed to death to appease the worldly cravings of the covetous and the slothful.

edit on 29-12-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: expanded point

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Money is an economic good, a thing which people want because it allows them to acquire needed goods and services.

It is an indirect means of exchange. Without it, only direct barter would be possible.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Star & Flag for F$CKING OFF AT WORK!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join