It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey And ISIS Oil Trade. WHY Are We Not Speaking About The Russian Evidence?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The premise of my thread is simple.

If Russia can film and document ISIS oil moving into Turkey, blatantly across border lines, without impediment...it means Erdogan could have, should have, would have known....and the U.S. which has BETTER drone capabilities and is in the area also, knew as much...or should have.

And if WE knew....and we are not speaking about it...we are a party to murder and terrorism....flat out, no matter what we state on paper or what words come from the White House.
edit on 29-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

And if WE knew....and we are not speaking about it...we are a party to murder and terrorism....flat out, no matter what we state on paper or what words come from the White House.

What do you think we should do about it? Remember, if you don't have a solution, you're part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For months even before the stand up between Turkey and Russia, Russia has been warning the US about Turkey liaisons with ISIS, but because the news we get about this issue are usually from what people see as "unreliable" sources the American public remain oblivious of the information.

Russia accuses the Turkey president and his family has been pocketing money from illegal smuggling of oil from Islamic State, like Syria and Iraq sold by ISIS.

Let remember that Turkey is a "NATO" member country and supposedly an US ally.

It is said that the smuggling reaps about 3 million dollars, but the US claims that is insignificant,

Washington (AFP) - The amount of oil smuggled into Turkey from areas of Syria controlled by the Islamic State is economically insignificant, the United States said Friday, after Moscow accused Ankara of profiting from the trade.

"The amount of oil being smuggled is extremely low and has decreased over time and is of no significance from a volume perspective -- both volume of oil and volume of revenue," said Amos Hochstein, US special envoy and coordinator for international energy affairs.

The State Department has dismissed Moscow's charge against its NATO ally, which directly implicated President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his family in the trade, insisting there is no evidence to support it.

Officials on Friday confirmed that some small amount of oil may cross the Syria-Turkish border in tanker trucks, but not in quantities that would interest government officials.

news.yahoo.com...

So I guess the US is downplaying the smuggling, specially if the Turkey president and family are involved.

Is ok 3 million dollars is nothing.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
any russian "PROOF" should be taken with a heavy grain of salt. anyone remember the fake satelite photo of a ukrainian fighter jet shooting down mh17?

rt is a joke and russia fabricates their "evidence".

edit on 29-12-2015 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Assad blasts Jew controlled Turkey for buying ISIS oil

LOL.

I wonder if Assad get his talking points from the 'supreme' leader of Iran.

Good Grief.

According to religiosity polls, 97.8% of the population identifies as Muslim,[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

As everyone knows that Wahhabism hails from the Sunni side of Islam.

Which means ISIS has plenty of sympathizers in Turkey.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Once the dust settles in Syria.

Odds are Turkey will delve in to 'civil' war.

Probably before that even.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
The premise of my thread is simple.

If Russia can film and document ISIS oil moving into Turkey, blatantly across border lines, without impediment...it means Erdogan could have, should have, would have known....and the U.S. which has BETTER drone capabilities and is in the area also, knew as much...or should have.

1...we(the west) know about it
2...we(the west) have bases there
3...Turkey is member of NATO
4...and finally, if we embarrass Erdogan publicly, we lose #2

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What do you think we should do about it? Remember, if you don't have a solution, you're part of the problem.

I've chosen not to answer your posts. YOU personally.

Thank You for understanding. Don't waste your time, or mine.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Once the dust settles in Syria.

Odds are Turkey will delve in to 'civil' war.

Probably before that even.

I think a lot of Turkish citizens are wondering at this exact moment, what ISIS is doing having access inside their border with truck conveys, and why ISIS is allowed to walk right up to Turkish borders and have friendly chats with Turkish guards.

As evidenced on recent video also.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
One word pretty much sums it up. ...MONEY
The people in our government are making lots of money either directly or indirectly.
Throw enough money at a blind man and he will eventually look the other way.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
As always

en.wikipedia.org...

It's hard to admit oneself was wrong - I was wrong a lot of times, but I'm learning and trying every day.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

In other words, you don't have an answer. You are the one wasting time by preaching to the choir without having anything original to say. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Because there are too many western excusers as evidenced in this thread.

Hilarious really. "Russia is a baddie so who cares what their evidence is"

It's the blind leading the willfully blind. People don't want to know the truth, they'd rather their football and propaganda. The world is full of pussies and stupid people. So what ya gonna do?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

In other words, you don't have an answer. You are the one wasting time by preaching to the choir without having anything original to say. Enjoy.

Allow me.

You are the poster child for why the world sucks. Excuser.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The exact same reason we ignore saudi arabia...... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Allow me.

Well then, you explain what we should do about it. Attacking other members certainly won't do anything. Should the United States invade Turkey and install a new regime? That hasn't worked anywhere else. Should it impose sanctions, so that the people embrace the Muslim Brotherhood more tightly? I know, we can kick it out of NATO and expose Europe's flanks to Islamists and potential Russian aggression. Well? Any ideas? Or are you willing to accept that maybe explaining is not the same thing as ]i]excusing.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Where does anyone say that? If Russia believes that it has evidence that can stand up in court, why doesn't it file a case in the Hague? No-one has ever denied that there is oil smuggling going on. It is like the drug and gun smuggling going on at the US/Mexican border. It does not mean that the United States and Mexico are criminal regimes, just that there are criminals, some of whom almost certainly are government employees.

Once again, what do you expect anyone to do about the situation? This is not a rhetorical question.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Rosinitiate

Where does anyone say that? If Russia believes that it has evidence that can stand up in court, why doesn't it file a case in the Hague? No-one has ever denied that there is oil smuggling going on. It is like the drug and gun smuggling going on at the US/Mexican border. It does not mean that the United States and Mexico are criminal regimes, just that there are criminals, some of whom almost certainly are government employees.

Once again, what do you expect anyone to do about the situation? This is not a rhetorical question.

Stop excusing it would be a first step.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Allow me.

Well then, you explain what we should do about it. Attacking other members certainly won't do anything. Should the United States invade Turkey and install a new regime? That hasn't worked anywhere else. Should it impose sanctions, so that the people embrace the Muslim Brotherhood more tightly? I know, we can kick it out of NATO and expose Europe's flanks to Islamists and potential Russian aggression. Well? Any ideas? Or are you willing to accept that maybe explaining is not the same thing as ]i]excusing.

We would ALL have to do what we are not willing to do.

First, get our collective heads out of the sands.

Marching on the White House is useless. Fighting Islamic terrorists is useless. You want to change the world?

March on the media stations and burn them to the ground. March on the banks and burn them to the ground.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Ok I think there is a major difference between the turkey government buying oil direct from Isis or indirectly from Isis using Turkish territory to sell oil.

Turkey buys most of its crude from Iraq and Iran. It has no need to buy a minuscule amount in comparison from Isis.

David

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join