It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25% of Donald Trump’s political spending goes to his own companies.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
So let me get this straight, a business mogul should have to outsource everything when running for president rather than using his own businesses?

Yes politics and business should be as separate as Church and state.

Both corrupt government and divert interest.

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Hillary takes money from some of the most unethical people on the planet and funnels it through her "charity" and all Trump did is simply uses his own businesses? Wow

This thread is about TRUMP. Go make a thread on Hillary and I will condem her too.
edit on 29-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

except trump isn`t using tax payer money

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Trump is a great business man just what this country needs.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wouldn't you ?

He is blowing up the "Good ole Boys" Network.

Watching Trump make the idiot Bush lose his entitled mind.

Is almost as fun as it will be to watch the schlonging Hillary is going to get.

Our system sucks. We can't remove the cancer in DC.

I think Trump is finally showing these A-Holes how pissed some of us are.

They are all horrible lying scum. Trump fits right in...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

How? By acting like a clown on TV. I don't think the neocons give a rats ass about Donald except as comedic relief perhaps.

They have other plans.

www.foreignaffairs.com...
edit on 29-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

How? By acting like a clown on TV. I don't think the neocons give a rats ass about Donald except as comedic relief perhaps.

They have other plans.

www.foreignaffairs.com...

He refused to participate in the Coranation of the third idiot Bush.

He has done us all a favor.

The GOP has nominated the next "Good Ole Boy" since Reagan.

We need to remove both parties members that have been there forever.

Trump probably isn't this Country's answer. But, Hillary is pig vomit.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

Let's hope the hats are made better than his dress shirts. Those things are garbage. Never buy a "Donald J Trump Signature Collection" banker shirt. The cuffs and collar are glued on. They wrinkle worse than any shirt I've ever owned (and I own everything from cheap to Brooks Brothers).

Hands down, worst dress shirts ever.

[pro tip] The silk ties made in China he sells? Now those aren't half bad. Made in China, but not not half bad. I still won't pay full price for them, get them at Burlington Coat Factory at significant discount if you can.

[/end protip]
edit on 29-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
You all crack me up. Same people who have been crying foul for years over Halliburton, think this is fine. What if he were elected President? Still OK, since it's Trump rather than Dick Cheney? Shouldn't he be using small businesses rather than his own empire?

IS this not the exact type of behavior his supporters are railing against? Congress looking out for their own interests? Hilarious. Oh it's fine because it's the Donald.

No, he isnt using public funds, you know tax payer dollars, to fund anything in his personal business empire.

Very large difference.

Or were you just hoping to bash trump for spending his own money through his own businesses?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Let's hope the hats are made better than his dress shirts. Those things are garbage. Never buy a "Donald J Trump Signature Collection" banker shirt. The cuffs and collar are glued on. They wrinkle worse than any shirt I've ever owned (and I own everything from cheap to Brooks Brothers).

Hands down, worst dress shirts ever.

[pro tip] The silk ties made in China he sells? Now those aren't half bad. Made in China, but not not half bad. I still won't pay full price for them, get them at Burlington Coat Factory at significant discount if you can.

[/end protip]

Haha... it comes standard with wrinkles... trumpshirt

edit on 12/29/2015 by newWorldSamurai because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Wouldn't you ?

I think he's just using his own "Good ole Boys" network, not blowing it up. Transferring it to other Boys.
Sigh.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why not support your own employees if you can. I don't see any problem with Trump doing this.

From what I get, Trump uses a lot of his own money or his own corporate moneys to campaign.

Correction. Trump has loaned his campaign fund a lot of his own money. Which he then spends with his own businesses.

Win-win for the Trumpmeister but not exactly best practice.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

except trump isn`t using tax payer money

OHHHHHH OHHHHHHH OHHHHH!!!!!!

Queue up the MLG horn!

#REKT

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So a guy who is mainly self funding his campaign isn't allowed to use his own companies? What a sad hack job.

a reply to: crazyewok

None of what you said makes sense. I know you think it does, but it doesn't. Trump self funding his campaign and using some of his own businesses along the way is not even remotely close to the separation of church and state. Apples and plastic bananas bro.
edit on 30-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I brought this up the other day, but I suspect it's more than 25%. When he travels, he usually holds his rallies at buildings he owns. Those buildings charge his campaign for the event, and then Trump pockets the profit. His campaign is also headquartered in Trump Towers where he's billing it a lot of money in rent.

He's basically taking peoples donations and personally pocketing them.

I suppose it's another example of his business sense, but it's kind of a scummy thing to do even if it is 100% legal.

originally posted by: Brotherman
I wasn't aware trump took donations. I guess I'll look it up now.

Trump takes donations, his entire campaign has been funded by donations since June.

Here's how the finances of his campaign are broken down. A candidate is allowed to loan their campaign any amount of money from their personal wealth. They can set the loan up at whatever repayment terms and interest rate they wish. Trump initially loaned his campaign somewhere between $1 million and $2 million. That was spent fairly early, and since then Trump has mainly gotten by on donations. What he does with the donations is he has the campaign use the buildings and services from companies he owns, charges them at whatever rate he wants (rent for his campaign HQ is ~$65,000/month for example), and then pays his own company out of the campaign.

He's probably going to end up making money while running for president by doing this (though certainly not an amount commensurate with the work put in). But at the same time I have to wonder, what's the difference between a guy in a suit asking for donations and then pocketing them, and a homeless guy on the street doing the same thing? It leaves a really poor taste in my mouth.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well yeah? How else is he going to handle his own money?? Would you rather it be outside sources??

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

And? Why would he give another company money when he can give the same amount of money to his own company? You guys are looking to create an issue where no issue exists. Hilary does this too. She is paying the Clinton foundation to use it's NYC headquarters. Should she go rent another place just because she is associated with the building her campaign is being run out of? She also gave half of her charitable donations to her own charity. Is that a problem? No. Wouldn't you rather your money be going to something you have control over?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

And? Why would he give another company money when he can give the same amount of money to his own company? You guys are looking to create an issue where no issue exists. Hilary does this too. She is paying the Clinton foundation to use it's NYC headquarters. Should she go rent another place just because she is associated with the building her campaign is being run out of? She also gave half of her charitable donations to her own charity. Is that a problem? No. Wouldn't you rather your money be going to something you have control over?

If you're running for office? Yes. It creates an unfair advantage when campaigning.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Only 25%? Wow he is even a meadiacore business deal maker person, I think most politicals/wealthy people in his situation and social status is somewhere 70% to 100%. Ah! Just messing, trump is as good as any, better then some. Besides its not like America has any major issues, or any really, the whole political system is just money making and money distribution scheme, wealth distribution you all would know it as. Funny what simply labeling things will do.

We are living in the golden age, one day the barbarians will be at the gate and then the show will end, same as it always has been, and will be, but as of yet the whole of human history and race has yet to come against any real serious probables which were not created by them, when it does, I do believe this whole place will come tumbling down like a house of cards. I understand people like these kinds of shows, but really its quite ridiculous who much effort and how serious they all take it.

But ya! Trump, as good as any I suppose.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

What?? That doesn't even make any sense. Jeb bush has more money in his campaign than the Donald does...

Please, explain to me how you think it gives an unfair advantage.
edit on 31-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

What?? That doesn't even make any sense. Jeb bush has more money in his campaign than the Donald does...

Please, explain to me how you think it gives an unfair advantage.

Because you or I can't run for office and do the same thing. If you want to keep money out of politics, it means keeping personal assets out of it too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join