It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has your child ever said something that was creepy or weird?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As I consider my pets my children
I can say that it scares me when my cat stares at the ceiling. I know she can see more than I do but when she's really observing something and I can't see it I alway say something like: do you see a ghost?

There is a video on YT where a man tapes his pets who are totally terrified and than he checks the attic. He opens the trapdoor and pronto presto a young girl's face is visible. Of course don't know if it's fake but the animals are really scared. Let me see if I can find it.

Just now saw the history button on YT! I am going to find this video!
edit on 2-1-2016 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

This IS a little off topic and I am NOT comparing a man to an animal but...

I worked with this gentleman for years, well still do sort of. Anyway, he is diagnosed with schizophrenia among other things...

He would suffer from bouts of hallucinations both visual and audible. He would stare at the corners of the ceilings and have awful arguments. One time he pulled me in front of him like a shield. He would sometimes grab his ears and hit the sides of his head...I would ask him if they were yelling at him and he would say nod "yes". He had chosen, years ago, to become non verbal 99% of the time.

I always wondered "what if there IS something there and I just can't see it"...he was/is so tormented...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Well we can conclude a link between children, animals and mentally disturbed people

And hopefully also not seen as off topic, when I myself was a child we used to have a commercial for Sandeman port on tv. The logo scared the hell out of me. Years later I understood why, looks like Hatman.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That's horrible. I hope your daughter gets to the back of this as it is clearly having an impact on her life.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When I was in Afghanistan we spent some time in an area that was the most depressing place I think I've been. The locals wouldn't go near it. Apparently a lot of Russians were buried under where we were sleeping. They'd been out overnight too and the Afghan fighters got in amongst them in their sleep and slotted them according to the interpreters. First night there blokes were all sat awake smoking. None of us wanted to admit it but we all knew why and it wasn't till the sun came up we started talking about it. Nearly every single one of us had the same experience. Whispers and screaming right in our ears. It was genuinely disturbing and it wasn't anyone pissing about because we were all too chinned to be at the wind up. You would hear footsteps and whispering (bloody unnerving at the best of times never mind when you are in a war zone). We'd get a stand to (put on alert) because someone would see figures moving about near the sangars (guard posts) through the NVGs and thermals. Never anybody there. Kids crying in the Middle of the night when there wasn't any around. It was a horrible place with such a depressing and heavy atmosphere to it. Don't know what had happened there or to how many people but if there is such a thing as forsaken ground, then this is it. The locals didn't want anything to do with the place.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Were you at Observation Point Rock?? There is a Paranormal Witness episode about it....

www.syfy.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: sg1642

Were you at Observation Point Rock?? There is a Paranormal Witness episode about it....

www.syfy.com...

No it wasn't but reading that just gave me chills. Serious chills. When we try to tell people they just think we are winding them up. There are places over there that just have death and evil all around like it's in the air.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
My 5 year old has told me several times that at night she is visited by her "other mommies."

Has she ever alluded to their features and/or what she is hearing?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The posts mentioning mirrors reminded me of something my youngest daughter used to do when she was 4. I was always finding her looking into mirrors and talking. I assumed she was just being a normal 4 year old and playing around and speaking to herself in the mirror. Then she started telling me about Thomas who was her friend that she could only see in the mirror. She said Thomas couldn't come out of the mirror. Freaked the hell out of me. Not long after, I was doing some geneology research and found that what would have been my great uncle had passed away on the same land our house is currently on, but he passed away in 1903 and suffered a terrible death. The land my house is on has been in the family for over a century and used to be farmland. When my great uncle was only 3, for some reason I'm not entirely sure of, someone in the family had a huge tub of boiling water outside and my great uncle fell into it and boiled to death . His name? Thomas, of course. Ick!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gemineye
The posts mentioning mirrors reminded me of something my youngest daughter used to do when she was 4. I was always finding her looking into mirrors and talking. I assumed she was just being a normal 4 year old and playing around and speaking to herself in the mirror. Then she started telling me about Thomas who was her friend that she could only see in the mirror. She said Thomas couldn't come out of the mirror. Freaked the hell out of me. Not long after, I was doing some geneology research and found that what would have been my great uncle had passed away on the same land our house is currently on, but he passed away in 1903 and suffered a terrible death. The land my house is on has been in the family for over a century and used to be farmland. When my great uncle was only 3, for some reason I'm not entirely sure of, someone in the family had a huge tub of boiling water outside and my great uncle fell into it and boiled to death . His name? Thomas, of course. Ick!

That's pretty gruesome

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
When I was in Afghanistan we spent some time in an area that was the most depressing place I think I've been. The locals wouldn't go near it. Apparently a lot of Russians were buried under where we were sleeping. They'd been out overnight too and the Afghan fighters got in amongst them in their sleep and slotted them according to the interpreters. First night there blokes were all sat awake smoking. None of us wanted to admit it but we all knew why and it wasn't till the sun came up we started talking about it. Nearly every single one of us had the same experience. Whispers and screaming right in our ears. It was genuinely disturbing and it wasn't anyone pissing about because we were all too chinned to be at the wind up. You would hear footsteps and whispering (bloody unnerving at the best of times never mind when you are in a war zone). We'd get a stand to (put on alert) because someone would see figures moving about near the sangars (guard posts) through the NVGs and thermals. Never anybody there. Kids crying in the Middle of the night when there wasn't any around. It was a horrible place with such a depressing and heavy atmosphere to it. Don't know what had happened there or to how many people but if there is such a thing as forsaken ground, then this is it. The locals didn't want anything to do with the place.

That place sounds messed up! I'm definitely going to look into that, thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Their heeeere...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
When my son was just a baby/very young toddler, his Great Grandma and Grandpa used to babysit him, for us, now and then. His Great Grandma B. always wanted to watch him more, but we didn't want to burden them, so we didn't ask very often. Great Grandma B. seemed to have an extra close bond with my son - he would behave really well for her and she always said how much she loved watching and playing with him.

When she suddenly became very sick from stomach cancer, we would still bring him over to see her (not for babysitting, of course!) and would lift him up on the bed so the two of them could play. Things progressed further, and she had to be moved to hospice, but we continued to bring our son for visits. Great Grandma B. recorded a cassette tape of herself, for us to play for him later, just telling our son who she was, how much she loved him, and some family stories. She was a wonderful, special lady.

Of course, she eventually passed, and the whole family mourned. From the moment she passed, for the next year or so, my son seemed to have conversations with the wall. He would always look at the wall, high up towards the ceiling, and talk quietly. He would be absorbed with this for quite a while, anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour or so. Whenever my ex-husband or I asked who he was talking to, he always said it was Great Grandma B. After a year or so, he gradually stopped doing this.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Funny thing was, we were in the market for a house and this one was offered to us at a very decent price. Being so young, we were nervous about getting too far over our heads with real estate. We passed for that reason and the weirdness of the place. We still live in same town. I've driven by and wondered what kind of reaction I would get if I walked up, knocked and asked owners if they had any weird experiences there but I never have. Interesting thread, thanks for the reply!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
When my son was just a baby/very young toddler, his Great Grandma and Grandpa used to babysit him, for us, now and then. His Great Grandma B. always wanted to watch him more, but we didn't want to burden them, so we didn't ask very often. Great Grandma B. seemed to have an extra close bond with my son - he would behave really well for her and she always said how much she loved watching and playing with him.

When she suddenly became very sick from stomach cancer, we would still bring him over to see her (not for babysitting, of course!) and would lift him up on the bed so the two of them could play. Things progressed further, and she had to be moved to hospice, but we continued to bring our son for visits. Great Grandma B. recorded a cassette tape of herself, for us to play for him later, just telling our son who she was, how much she loved him, and some family stories. She was a wonderful, special lady.

Of course, she eventually passed, and the whole family mourned. From the moment she passed, for the next year or so, my son seemed to have conversations with the wall. He would always look at the wall, high up towards the ceiling, and talk quietly. He would be absorbed with this for quite a while, anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour or so. Whenever my ex-husband or I asked who he was talking to, he always said it was Great Grandma B. After a year or so, he gradually stopped doing this.

This is such a touching story. Really makes you think. How old would your son have been when she passed?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shockedonlooker
a reply to: angryhulk

Funny thing was, we were in the market for a house and this one was offered to us at a very decent price. Being so young, we were nervous about getting too far over our heads with real estate. We passed for that reason and the weirdness of the place. We still live in same town. I've driven by and wondered what kind of reaction I would get if I walked up, knocked and asked owners if they had any weird experiences there but I never have. Interesting thread, thanks for the reply!

Yeah I'm trying to think of a way you could do that without totally freaking them out
. If they haven't experienced any activity you will sound like a total nutter, however I'm going with the assumption they have and they would be interested to hear your stories.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Found it! But the video is not about scared animals, but a girl. Including the ghost face in the attic.

www.youtube.com...

PS Might be fake, don't know.
edit on 4-1-2016 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: Phatdamage

I moved into an apartment in Texas and lived there for about a two weeks.

I was shaving one morning and saw a little boy run behind me in the mirror...

It doesn't happen often for me while on ATS...but I just got the heebie-jeebies!

Threads like these are among my favorites. I always try to pay attention to what children say so I can join in on one of these threads someday.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird
Found it! But the video is not about scared animals, but a girl. Including the ghost face in the attic.

www.youtube.com...

PS Might be fake, don't know.

The videos a little 'too' perfect if you know what I mean. Word of advice, do not watch it in bed alone in the middle of the night
. That said, I don't believe it's genuine.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: Phatdamage

I moved into an apartment in Texas and lived there for about a two weeks.

I was shaving one morning and saw a little boy run behind me in the mirror...

It doesn't happen often for me while on ATS...but I just got the heebie-jeebies!

Threads like these are among my favorites. I always try to pay attention to what children say so I can join in on one of these threads someday.

Yeah I find myself catching up on these posts in the middle of the night and I struggle to sleep afterwards.

Some of the posts on this thread really make the hairs on your back stand on end.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join