It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has your child ever said something that was creepy or weird?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
We lived in a highly suspicious house about twenty six years ago. My son was three years old and had just moved to a regular single bed. Shared room with baby brother in crib.

My landlady believed her father's spirit roamed his marital home (that we rented) looking for his wife who was in a nursing home. My boy would get tucked in on all three sides because it was a very cold room with two outside walls where his bed was. There was also a closet with a pull string bulb I would leave slightly open and light on so he and baby would not be afraid of monsters in closet. It made it easier on me if I had to go in there at night to change diaper, check on them etc. My baby had two extensive life saving surgeries before age one so I was a hyper vigilant Mom as he had scar tissue that caused him to aspirate and choke occasionally. I practically slept with one eye open.

Son was having trouble sleeping for a week or two and when I went to room in morning, his covers only on the wall side would be untucked and the closet light turned off. I asked if he had turned the light out, I saw no evidence of furniture moved, he could not reach the string, hanging about a foot from bulb.

I laid in bed a couple of nights and hear the "click" of the string being pulled and did not hear any little feet or other noise, just the click. I asked him why he was not sleeping at night. He had started preschool and was exceptionally tired during the day. His answer was that "there's an old man who climbs in bed with me at night and breathes on me". I asked if the man did anything else and he said the man kept getting out of bed to turn out the closet light.

I flipped out and called my pastor over to the house to have it blessed since we were having other things happen as well. As soon as he left the phone rings and my landlady tells me her mother passed in nursing home. My son never complained after that.

We continued to have weird things happen and left the house.
edit on 1/1/2016 by shockedonlooker because: paragraphs

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My 4 year old, after watching a dinosaur film " We will be living in caves one day soon dad".

That was 4 months ago, and it has stuck in my head since !

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: blaenau2000
My 4 year old, after watching a dinosaur film " We will be living in caves one day soon dad".

That was 4 months ago, and it has stuck in my head since !

Let's be honest, with how destructive we are, your child is probably correct.

edit on 1/1/16 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: shockedonlooker

That sounds terrifying! Having to leave the house as well...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: seanridesajones

My younger Brother had a gaurdian angel growing up, an old lady used to be near when something happened to him, for example, when he was very young he fell over in the Sea and was swamped by waves, he said an old lady pulled him up.

My brother had a similar experience. When he was very young (3 or 4) my mom took him to a friend's house who had a pool in the back. My brother managed to sneak out the back where the pool was, which was winterized with a cover. He proceeded to fall in and under the cover. A few minutes later he proceeds to come back in the house sopping wet. My mom in shock asked him what happened and he says that he fell in the pool and couldn't get out, and a woman in white pulled him out. There was no woman in white at the house, and my mom chalked it up to it being his guardian angel.

My grandfather experienced this once. When he was about five he ran into the street after a ball, right in front of a truck. He flew back out of the trucks path just before it hit him. Great grandparents saw it. He later told them that a "bright man" pushed him out of the way.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I had a childhood dog that lived 18 years, he was a favorite fixture in our nieghborhood, everyone loved him. Anyway, I left for the army when I was 17 and a year later while I was still in the service my parents told me the old boy had gone out and not returned, dad found him dead in a water ditch near home. He brought him home and buried him under the crabapple tree. A few years later I came home from the service and was in my old room. I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling in the dark trying to get to sleep when I heard a dog turning in circles on the rug in the room then plop down and sigh.nothing was thier when I reached over and turned on the bedside lamp. He was by the way a the best dog a boy could have. We want on a lot of adventures together.

Fast forward 30 years and my daughter who is now 8 has for some reason seen a friendly little ghost dog since she was 3 and a half. Ever since I took her home to visit my parents at my childhood home when she was just about 3 and a half.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
When I was little I had a best friend sunshine. According to my mom this wasn't her real name but the name I could pronounce. When we moved the next house had preying mantis people that scared me.

Fast forward my daughter, now 11, has always been sensitive. She used to giggle and talk to all of her friends but I could always feel them there. I never worried. She claimed to see the fairy lights and they would sing her to sleep. After her uncle died she would tell me all the time he was visiting. Then shed run off and chat with him.

Another freaking one is after my brother in laws funerals for weeks shed scream at the windows and tell me the witch was trying to get in. I've had my house blessed so many times and kept it up after that.

My son is an interesting character. From the time he could walk and talk he was always watching the stars. So many times he'd point to a specific cluster and tell me that was his home. What got freaky was it was always the same cluster, and this came from a 2 year old. He'd tell me he came here for a reason and he picked me. It never struck me as odd but endeering. He's always been a fascinating child. A few years ago we were talking about Obama winning the election... He looked at me so perplexed shook his head and said 'no, its Lincoln.' It always struck me because of his seriousness. When I corrected him he got very upset telling me the last he checked it was Lincoln.
Our youngest son is only 1 but I'm curious to what he will also have to say.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I remember one time our son knocked on the bedroom door in the middle of the night and asked to sleep with us since he had a bad dream. I groggily replied, 'Okay'.

I then remembered that we did not have a son.

What happened after that? Did your wife hear this?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teslaphile

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: seanridesajones

My younger Brother had a gaurdian angel growing up, an old lady used to be near when something happened to him, for example, when he was very young he fell over in the Sea and was swamped by waves, he said an old lady pulled him up.

My brother had a similar experience. When he was very young (3 or 4) my mom took him to a friend's house who had a pool in the back. My brother managed to sneak out the back where the pool was, which was winterized with a cover. He proceeded to fall in and under the cover. A few minutes later he proceeds to come back in the house sopping wet. My mom in shock asked him what happened and he says that he fell in the pool and couldn't get out, and a woman in white pulled him out. There was no woman in white at the house, and my mom chalked it up to it being his guardian angel.

My grandfather experienced this once. When he was about five he ran into the street after a ball, right in front of a truck. He flew back out of the trucks path just before it hit him. Great grandparents saw it. He later told them that a "bright man" pushed him out of the way.

I love this! I've heard similar stories of last second life saving 'experiences'. Very odd indeed. Did your great grandparents say anything in particular about the incident?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NixieJean

My daughter has always been fascinated by space also. She is always saying "daddy, look at the stars" or the moon, the sun, space etc... It always makes me smile. She hasn't said anything odd surrounding space but it always makes me smile considering she's only 2 and probably knows more about space than her 30 year old mother!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Years ago, we were living in Florida remodeling a house, my oldest daughter (she was maybe 3 or so at the time) would wake up in the middle of the night after what appeared to be, to her Dad, a nightmare, screaming that "you are not my Daddy" and " Get away from me". Things like that.

At that time, I was a heavier sleeper and never heard it until one night I did. It was blood curdling. I ran into her room and grabbed her up and put her in bed with me. She never slept in that room again. Some time later we found out from neighbors that one of the former owners had suffered with some kind of cancer that caused his nose and most of his face (I guess) to be removed. He wore a mask. His family, on the last year of his life, had wheeled him to the window in the front room so that he could watch the children have an Easter Egg hunt. What I'm saying here that if it was some sort of his spirit, I don't believe he was malevolent...

Many years later she began "hearing things". She would come running out of her room thinking that someone had screamed. She also told me that people would talk to her in her ear. I asked her to tell me every time it happened. We would be watching TV or just sitting around reading and she would say "Mom, they're talking". "Right now".

We had her talk to someone and, of course, they wanted to medicate her...they suspected it could be stress related and that sounded reasonable as she was helping me care for her grandmother...so, rather than go the medication approach, I took away some of that responsibility and just let her get back to the business of being a young woman/child...

A few months ago, she began with headaches...intense ones...I add this because I am aware of the symptoms of schizophrenia and so is she...her headaches center around/over her left ear. They are debilitating for her. She will use hot/cold packs and there can be no light or touch or sound...

She has had blood tests, CT scans, etc....and they are unable to find anything...
just continue with all sorts of different medications, meanwhile her Dad and I keep looking...

I've digressed...but, yes, she has said some pretty odd things over the years!

I have often wondered if her first experiences weren't a warning of things to come...
edit on 2-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

Keep to the topic please. Any further derailments may lead to posting bans.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
a reply to: LightAssassin

I don't know why, but I was afraid of mirrors as a child.

Hell I still am! My fear is that when I look up, say when brushing my teeth, I'll see someone behind me. Years ago, funny I now remember this, I was also afraid of while drinking of the tap something nasty would drown me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join