It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is God? Why Does He Allow Suffering? Will It Ever End?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Discotech
The fact that Satan turned evil suggests he was never perfect, therefore God's works are imperfect

Why believers cannot see this logic is beyond me, if something is perfect it remains perfect for eternity, if it becomes imperfect then it was never perfect to begin with

A very good point.

However, 'imperfection' is just one of the conclusions we can draw from that point. The other would be that god intentionally allowed Satan to turn evil, making god evil.

Or
It was created perfect with a free will, otherwise we would all be robots without a capacity to experience choice
It's a individual's right to choose their own direction, a true gift of love, the capacity of an individual to choose who or what they want to be
God is no overlord, perfection is based on the capacity to be

God allowed Satan the capacity to choose its own direction, it chose self, it chose evil.

God has sacrificed His soverinty so humanity can understand, be part of His image, learn to know that His ways are righteous

Watch in these final few years the governments rise to destroy free will

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I believe God is an ancient alien. The more I live on this planet the more I believe that. I mean think about if for a second...a level 3 or 4 civilization could have human like entities that are able to do miraculous things. Also when you look at ancient texts and writings there is proof every where of this being a possibility.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Why I did not speak in absolutes. However, it is still true that much of it is under the control of humans - they way we structure our lives and our societies, treat each other.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NumberMan

Numberman, I'm guessing you prayed for answers and maybe you didn't get them, or maybe you didn't know that God answered them?

Have you ever had a supernatural experience from God? Can I say, I'm no more special than you are, God has answered many of my prayers. Sometimes through people, dreams, or visions. Some, I'm still waiting.

If there is something you really need an answer to, try fasting with prayer. To build up your faith, try watching Sid Roth, videos of encounters with Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

Blessings to you

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaVerum
1. Does God have a name?

Although God has many titles, he has only one name. In each language, it is pronounced differently. In English it is usually pronounced “Jehovah.” But some people pronounce it “Yahweh.” (Psalm 83:18)

Complete crap!
You mispronounce some Aramaic term and vainly claim that you know God's name!
What horrendous arrogance and ignorance!
IF God is Omni-, ALL names are God's names!
There is no single name! That is just childish!
And to think/believe that YOU are in possession of this arcane knowledge to the exclusion of others is just typical Xtian arrogance!
Is this the place to come preaching all this crappola?

Why Does He Allow Suffering? Will It Ever End?

“Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy.”
― Rumi

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
--- Rumi

"I say that next to God there is no nobler thing than suffering. Right suffering is the mother of all virtues, for right suffering so subdues the heart, it cannot rise to pride but perforce is lowly." - Meister Eckhart

"Harkee, all rational souls! The swiftest steed to bear you to your goal is suffering; none shall ever taste eternal bliss but those who stand with Christ in depths of bitterness. Nothing is more gall-bitter than suffering, nothing so honey-sweet as to have suffered. The most sure foundation for this perfection is humility, for he whose nature here creeps in deepest depths shall soar in spirit to highest height of Deity.' - Meister Eckhart

"The growth of the soul in man is as that of a pearl in an oyster, both being caused by irritation." - Plato

Pain and Blessing/Bliss are One Reality!
The only difference is a matter of Perspective!
"The immature run from Pain, the Wise find the Blessing within!" - n

"Only a Breaking Heart can Love!" - n

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You know you can have free will without throwing evil into the mix

You can have good or neutral

One can choose to do a good thing or do nothing, evil isn't needed in order to have free will

Let's not forget that one persons good deed can be a bad deed to somebody else, offer to help someone who doesn't want your help and that person may take offence, therefore what was a good deed has now become bad

And then we enter the world of doing acts of murder in the name of a God, to the murderer they are performing a good deed by purging the world of evil wrong doers, to everybody else they are evil

The whole concept of free will is made up like every story in the bible

God created us with a pre defined fate, he knows full well what each of his creations will do before they are created because God is outside the realms of time, yet he still creates, why ? He already knows the outcome, why does he create imperfect and flawed beings who choose to do evil or evil under the guise of good ?

And don't use free will as an excuse for Gods imperfect creations, if he was as powerful and all knowing as all you believers claim him to be then he would have no problems creating perfection.

So either God doesn't exist the way you believe him to exist or he is as flawed and imperfect as his creations

Look at it this way, If God was a scientist and he was performing experiments to create something perfect, but he knew what the results of the experiments would be before doing the experiments and those results were the creation of something imperfect and he kept repeating the experiments, he would be labelled as crazy and a failure

God defies logic

However, if God does exist and he gave us logic, he will not burn those of us in Hell for eternity for using logic to assume he does not exist, he will understand our reasons for not believing and forgive us, if not then he is evil and I'd rather burn in Hell with Satan than sit on a cloud covered pedestal in Heaven

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: shinethelight
a reply to: NumberMan

Numberman, I'm guessing you prayed for answers and maybe you didn't get them, or maybe you didn't know that God answered them?

Have you ever had a supernatural experience from God? Can I say, I'm no more special than you are, God has answered many of my prayers. Sometimes through people, dreams, or visions. Some, I'm still waiting.

If there is something you really need an answer to, try fasting with prayer. To build up your faith, try watching Sid Roth, videos of encounters with Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

Blessings to you

Hello thanks for asking. As far as miracles go I get them all the time. One more recent was the appearance of a cross on my right sock.

Here is that image:
www.numberman.net...

If you read this link you will see the rest:
www.numberman.net...

As far as prayer goes I've never understood why someone has to plead over and over to get something they need. If God is your best pal it should be the first request. If my pal needed something i do it the first request if i can as im not God so im limited. How about someone being raped or killed in an alley? They die and so do people trapped in earthquake rubble or a disease but I'm sure they prayed pretty hard.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: JoshuaVerum

Spoke like a true slave.
Conditioned to be a slave and to serve masters and lords.
God doesn't have petty human needs only the men who wrote these Holy books.
Be good to each other is already in us the rest is dogma.

Why do you insult this person by calling them a slave?

You show that you have no tolerance and that good in not in you.

Hypocrisy at it best

edit on 30-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join