It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My PC is a bit sick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Azureblue is probably just seeing 'blah blah'. Not all of us are techy.

If you still have issues, message me and I'll try to talk you through it.

Uktorah

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Glad you stopped by to help him resolve his issue. Thank you for that very informative post.

lol I don't think you understand what digital actually said to you. Anyone can pull information from the web post it and spout off like they are some super tech, however others post what they know. Backing up reg files every time you update sounds very time consuming. # 2 I agree its most likely a virus that is the cause of the issue.

you want a "end user" to edit registry files lol Im sure your aware that one slip up and his computer might not work ever again.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Thanks for the replies people. I try some things.

I have a partitioned disc which I put data on and also backup. I cant do a repair reinstall cos it blue screens and unwinds the install.

dunno why but my high level settings for file display never stick and always default back to small icon view. cant make my firefox setting stick either and files download to god knows where.

thanks and cheers.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

originally posted by: Azureblue

Tweaking.com(windows Repair) wont fix it
Superanti Spyware finds PUPs and I get rid of them.
Malware Bytes finds nothing
CC cleaner finds nothing
AVG finds nothing
anycleaner finds nothing
Ncleaner finds nothing useful.
MS fix it just keeps crashing
sysfile fixes nothing
SC Scanow fixes nothing

You need to be careful when installing and running these programmes, some of these will repair your Registry...... but..... that is like letting a car machanic look at a custom engine, the basics are right, but it can easily be messed up,

a few questions for you:

= When you install software, do you select custom or typical?
= How old is the PC? what is the age of the oldest piece of hardware?
= have you recently installed any programmes?
= have you recently installed any hardware?

It does sound like she is poorly, and has inhereted a few bugs, a system restore may not necessarily fix the problem,

try this as a first, reboot, start in safe mode, login, try the disc drive tray then,

Let me know outcomes,

Peace!

I do these things fairly regularly but I think one has a right to expect the damm computer to work and sort itself out.

The computer is 2-3 years old and no parts replaced to date.

at the end of the day it has to be me myself that does something wrong because all 3 computers I have had like this seem have similar problems.

I'll ram the xyz thing trough the wall one day.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1
lol I don't think you understand what digital actually said to you.

I understand perfectly. I was being sarcastic.

originally posted by: jobless1
you want a "end user" to edit registry files lol Im sure your aware that one slip up and his computer might not work ever again.

That's why the instructions, a link to the instructions, and a video was posted to make it as easy as possible.

But to give you peace of mind, I'll send an email out to Microsoft to request that they alter their article to keep end-users from editing their own registries.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

At then end of the day, you do what you feel comfortable with when it comes to computers, me personally I don't like touching home PC's as people's worlds are on them,

the guides you published are useful, but the fact that the PC's has some fundamental issues this may only be a small part,

starting it in safe mode is a good starter, but..... i would now consider getting files off the PC and getting the hidden restore partition, this PC is sounding very poorly and may be past the simple fix solution,

peace!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join