It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Istanbul rail terminal rocked by several blasts, Ukrainian truck suspected cause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Several large explosions have rocked Istanbul, the biggest city in Turkey, with the incident reportedly triggered by a Ukrainian truck transporting fruit that caught fire and exploded. The incident took place overnight in Haydarpasa railway terminal, a major rail hub located on the Bosporus Strait. According to an eyewitnesses cited by the local press, at least four explosions caused panic among the people. According to NTV channel, there were five of them. The fire reportedly started after the truck's fuel tank exploded. The flames later jumped to the nearby vehicle. Police blocked traffic at the scene, doctors and firefighters arrived at the scene. A truck driver was injured and was taken to the hospital. According to Turkish media, he received non-threatening injuries.

Istanbul rail terminal rocked by several blasts, Ukrainian truck suspected cause

Right, so the fuel tank just exploded huh?? I believe this, and the explosions at the airport recently are related. To me, it is part of the tit for tat by the Russians or other interested party in retaliation for shooting down the jet. In fact I even expected this would happen shortly afterwards:
I said this

Russia will reply in kind with subterfuge. These arms depots, oil pipelines, factories and other secure infrastructure facilities that explode or have fires suddenly, some with casualties are not just accidents. They are covert ops utilizing local assets (intelligence agencies are involved on every side) to inflict and equal monetary loss and letting separatists (PKK) and barbarian regimes (ISIS) take the credit. Its funny because Russia can now just blame it on ISIS when they use their CIA equivalent to pay PKK sympathizers to hit vulnerable targets within Turkey.

And it will likely happen, but only enough damage to compensate for the price of the jet, its fuel, the munitions, and the insurance for the pilots families. This is how states wage proxy war directly to each other.

I really really doubt this is a simple coincidence.

Another Source
edit on 29-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: video, sources

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Accidents do happen. However, I suspect there's something more than meets the picture to these incidents. If it was an accident than we should be able to learn how something like this happened quickly, after the authorities finish their research.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

Turkey silent on airport blast claimed by militants

The family of a cleaner killed in an explosion at Istanbul’s second largest airport have called on the government to provide an explanation for her death amid deteriorating security in Turkey.

Zehra Yamac, a 30-year-old mother of two, died on Wednesday from head injuries caused by the blast at Sabiha Gokcen.

On Saturday, the Kurdistan Freedom Falcons claimed responsibility for what they said was a mortar attack on the airport, but the Turkish authorities have refused to say what caused the explosion.

o one from the Turkish government or security forces have contacted Yamac’s family to explain what happened, her cousin Hicaz Atsiz told The National on Sunday. Instead, parliamentarians from the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) “called us and said that it was fate and it could happen to anyone, so it is better to accept Allah’s will,” he said.

Well if Allah's will was determined to be responsible for that incident, according to the Justice and Development Party (AKP), then this incident will likely face the same determination.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

seriously?? Have you ever looked at a map?? I will bet 5 bucks that you couldn't fine Kiev on a map genius

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

so, I bet it is safe to say you read the headline, AND ONLY THE HEADLINE, and then smashed the reply button with your superior intellect to correct me?? You are welcome to elaborate your response.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Oh go to hadies. I am so up on the conflict. back off

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

just for the record, trucks have wheels, and that makes them mobile. Try to remember that before hastily resorting to assumptions about my understanding of where places in the world are. It is rude and unnecessary really.

Now, if you want to discuss whether the Russians just added that part in for propaganda sake?? I believe that could be a reasonable assumption to make.
edit on 29-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

edit on 29-12-2015 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Russia has no need to retaliate for dead pilot

Western media didn't really report this bit after pilot was killed

That whole area was bombed to hell by all Russian planes in Syria

Retaliation is done already
edit on 29-12-2015 by VanGcouverite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: VanGcouverite

It is very strange that I do not even see this on ANY single other news. Even accidents and strange phenomenon get reported, so what is up with the silence on this?? I would say that RT made it up at this point, except for the video showing some occurrence and another from the same user, Yarin TV

Now I have to wonder, who reported it, RT, or Yarin?? I cannot read that stuff on their site so I dont know.
edit on 29-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
So ... for the downing of their SU-24 Russia "retaliated" against turkey by blowing up an ukrainian fruit-truck in Istansbul?

For what purpose ...cutting off turkeys vitamin-C supply? oO

edit on 29-12-2015 by Whatever08152 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatever08152

the more important question is why is this barely making it out?? Even the AIRPORT explosion was left without an official explanation from the government, other than "It was Allah's Will" .

As I explained though, it is merely a line item bill. Even if it is this spinoff of the PKK as they are trying to take credit for, they could end up being sponsored and paid for by Russia . The "unexplained explosions" will just keep coming until the bill for the jet is paid

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If your theory is accurate why on earth would russian alphabet agencies be stupid enough to use a truck from Ukraine. That would be the most idiotic thing they could do.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatever08152

So ... for the downing of their SU-24 Russia "retaliated" against turkey by blowing up an ukrainian fruit-truck in Istansbul?

Why not, a truck is a truck...and what better way to get around under cover, a fruit truck.

For what purpose ...cutting off turkeys vitamin-C supply? oO

If it was Russia...it's like this...

It would go under the category of sending a message.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If your theory is accurate why on earth would russian alphabet agencies be stupid enough to use a truck from Ukraine. That would be the most idiotic thing they could do.

This is Russia's intelligence we're taking about...as of late they seem to be getting sloppy.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have all the reason to believe this is just an accident, arcing might have led to fire in the fuel tank, the other explosions are obviously the tires of the truck.

new topics

top topics

join