It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californian’s ballot initiative would require legislators to wear logos of top 10 contributors:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: mOjOm
Well the reasoning behind it is well this guy is bought by the energy companies so don't take him or her seriously about their opposition to climate change and green house gases, or this other dude opposition on labeling is bought by the GMO people, It could read like a banner on screen or in print every time they speak to certain issues, however I do think this is a failure of the so-called free press to point these fact out.

I live in coal country, people would LOVE it if their politicians wore the coal company logos to show they support them over those filthy, expensive green technologies that steal jobs from the area and raise electric prices.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Yes I get it. I just think in the end it makes more of a mockery of our already pathetic display of Government which doesn't really help fix anything. It only helps to make such corrupt practices seem all the more normal when they shouldn't be normal at all. They should be criminal and not exactly something to joke about. But we're all so used to corruption and foul play in Policy making now that we hardly notice anymore. Humans naturally have the ability to adapt to change pretty well even when that change is negative. It's that ability to adapt and cope with it which let's it fester as long as it doesn't happen too fast.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

On point.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Brings to mind NASCAR. Not contributors. SPONSORS. Proudly wearing and promoting the LOGOS of said Corporations.

Position your company with the vogue left. Purchase your advertising spot...before the price goes up.....

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
wow

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpellHowler
wow

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with your single-worded ("wow") replies to a number of threads. Would you like to tell us?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join