It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californian’s ballot initiative would require legislators to wear logos of top 10 contributors:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Next an exemption bill. excluded are energy, pharm, ag, insurance, banking, transportation, aircraft, military suppliers...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

And don't forget public sector unions.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
people like George Soros, will just start shell companies or new groups with catchy names and donate through them. If we had an honest media, they could call people out. If the media couldn't put "Democrat" in an article about Kim Davis, do you really think they would put "goldman sachs" by Clinton?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I think the most likely change is for current members to be grandfathered for no patch wearing while new elected members will be required. It will be a win-win but called a win for the people..

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Mr. Cox said he wants to “call attention to a problem,” namely that “our elected leaders are controlled by their funders.”

Problem is, this initiative will probably backfire. Consider:

California is over-the-top Politically Correct. Politicians do not want to be politically incorrect. They want to be PC. So, whose patches will politicians want to wear? The patches of "PC" organizations. Who will become the biggest donors? Huh.

The most "PC" organizations will become the new buyers of politicians. Teachers' unions, PETA, Greenpeace, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, on and on, will become the new buyers of politicians and owners of the government.

Think twice before voting for this one, Californians.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I bet there will be regulations for the "sponsors" patches concerning size, thread quality, material. Who wins the bidding war for the right to make those patches. Let's think, hmmm, Senator Bigbucks friend...

Their official title should be from their largest sponsor. Senator Demint, Senator Public-Pension-Union etc...

www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 29-12-2015 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Detergent

originally posted by: Spider879

Mr. Cox said he wants to “call attention to a problem,” namely that “our elected leaders are controlled by their funders.”

Problem is, this initiative will probably backfire. Consider:

California is over-the-top Politically Correct. Politicians do not want to be politically incorrect. They want to be PC. So, whose patches will politicians want to wear? The patches of "PC" organizations. Who will become the biggest donors? Huh.

The most "PC" organizations will become the new buyers of politicians. Teachers' unions, PETA, Greenpeace, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, on and on, will become the new buyers of politicians and owners of the government.

Think twice before voting for this one, Californians.

You really think Monsanto, Pharma, Insurance, Banking, Investment firms, chemical manufacturers and oil corps will be out-spent by those organizations? How many tens/hundreds of billions of dollars do you think PETA makes, and how much of those earnings do you believe requires them to buy political influence?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Our country's leadership and laws are so full of $H!+ that you just don't even know where to start anymore. Its almost not even worth trying, because you can't reverse all of this at this point. This would be a blatant, in your face mockery of our system, and our representation, and everytime they spoke "for" us, the patches would tell the real story, that most American's would be too stupid to see, right in front of their eyes. They would say things like "well, its advertising, someone has to pay for it". Our country is almost like a fire that has burned 3/4 of a home down. Just let it burn, as soon enough it will burn itself down. Then we can start all over. At this point revolution MUST happen. I mean come on..the forefathers went to war with these so called elite bastards just for taxing them too high! The Rockefeller's, Chase and Rothschild's (amongst a few other Satanic families) have done everything to us but rape us, and share us with their poker buddies. What will it take??

We cannot meet at town halls, without the police showing up and beating us all, killing some of us, we can't use the phone without the NSA hearing and sending the same cops or FBI, we can't do anything without them somehow finding out about it, and then we have the brainwashed masses, that will turn you in because they are "patriotic". Not knowing they are serving the devil himself. What we need, instead of all of this BS talk about what they're doing to us, and all the gripes (me included)...what we really need are forums full of ideas, that will bring us together to be able to amass such a collectiveness, that we can then be of one mind to do something about this, rather than every person looking at a damn cell phone with their thousands of (supposed) friends from here to Russia, making us all feel so close...when we are actually thousands of miles away from each other. Hell, even in our own homes we are separated by these monitoring devices called cell phones, and social media...Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Instagram ...just all of them. It makes me sick that these Corporations can do this to OUR representatives, and the reps are just as guilty as them for letting them do this.

We are really represented by NO ONE! Let's get some ideas on how to make ourselves strong again, close again, and to get that fire back that our forefathers once had. I am tired ofj ust hearing how these people screw us in different ways on different days, and just walk free. Case in point, that turtle looking jack ass up in that politician picture back there, got caught importing hundreds of thousands of drugs into America in his own private plane, and yet he still walks...not only that but he is still representing us. He is doing the same thing that they are hunting drug lords for. What the hell is wrong with our country and it's people? We need to start making PEOPLE pay for their aggression towards us NOT CORPORATIONS that hide behind legal veils. PEOPLE...someone is doing this. When something is done the PERSON ALL THE WAY AT THE TOP NEEDS TO PAY DEARLY!. Not just some lower guy on the totem pole but the FAMILIES who are really behind this. ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP. They need to go to prison like everyone else who commits crimes and war crimes. Seriously, we need to find a way to make this happen, and we need new and inventive ideas, because clearly they are untouchable.
edit on 29-12-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ten is too many. Five is good. And they would have to make sure they can be removed easily to put the next one up.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

...and they usually manage, too. Auctioneers should speak so fast!

I bet we'd all be shocked, shocked I say, when many of the patches would be the same on all of 'em.

One must cover all the possibilities, after all.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Californian’s ballot initiative would require legislators to wear logos of top 10 contributors:

Works for me,
I'd love to see them patches for:
Social Security.
Medicare.
Medicaid.
FHA.
FoodStamps.
And the list goes on.
Dems and Republicans ever 'agree'.
When hell freezes over.

I think it would be great!

Then everyone would realize who processes the payments and makes a killing in fees off of social programs leading to a uniting of the two factions to how the country really works.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Twinbill
Ten is too many. Five is good. And they would have to make sure they can be removed easily to put the next one up.

Velcro!!

Maybe they should go digital.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

We are really represented by NO ONE!

Not to say the rest of your post is not important, but this is bumper sticker outstanding and is very real.
Testing Theories of American Politics:
Elites, Interest Groups, and Average
Citizens
Each of four theoretical traditions in the study of American politics—which can be characterized as theories of Majoritarian
Electoral Democracy, Economic-Elite Domination, and two types of interest-group pluralism, Majoritarian Pluralism and Biased
Pluralism—offers different predictions about which sets of actors have how much influence over public policy: average citizens;
economic elites; and organized interest groups, mass-based or business-oriented.
A great deal of empirical research speaks to the policy influence of one or another set of actors, but until recently it has not been
possible to test these contrasting theoretical predictions against each other within a single statistical model. We report on an effort
to do so, using a unique data set that includes measures of the key variables for 1,779 policy issues.
Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial
independent impacts on U.S. government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no
independent influence. The results provide substantial support for theories of Economic-Elite Domination and for theories of
Biased Pluralism, but not for theories of Majoritarian Electoral Democracy or Majoritarian Pluralism.
scholar.princeton.edu...

I remembered this study from over a year ago quite damning, if we are going to take back our country then we must repeal Citizens United, Corporate person hood is a joke, there are organizations out there that are calling for a constitutional amendment.. I don't think ATS rules allows for providing links of that sort but do a goole search for getting money out of politics and a constitutional amendment.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I want to see the mafia logo on the inside pocket !

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You will find both democrats and republicans wearing the same patches ... Then comes the real questions.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Oh boy are the speeches going to be good.

I love to hear the NASCAR guys try to fit all the sponsors in. I might actually listen if this passes.

I would like to thank Depends for holding the $hit in and Exlax for keeping the $hit moving.

lol

"I'm not sure what to do with my hands"

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Its like watching a really bad movie, following US politics. Just when you think it couldn't get any more blatantly ludicrous and the people would surely rise up in any actual scenario, wham! Nothing from anyone and the # continues to flow like porridge from a babies butt.

Christ, there are still people on ATS that believe the system works like it does on television with complete segregation of the ridiculous 2 party system still unbelievably in place.

Is there any hope for a new and more beneficial government that doesn't thrive on so much obvious, in your face corruption? Not without a complete crushing of the current system of government and the building of an entirely new system IMHO.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I get it and everything and understand the reasoning behind it. But it's more of a fun idea than a good one IMO.

First of all, I don't think it would have the effect we assume it would. I think many of them would proudly display the logos of the people who buy them off. These people don't really care what others think and say because they believe we are insignificant in the first place. Otherwise they wouldn't do the things they do in the first place.

Second, it doesn't show any more information than is already available if you just go look it up. Takes like 2 minutes, one google search and there ya go. Meaning anyone who really cares who's pocket they're in already knows this information anyway and those who don't obviously don't care. I doubt just wearing their corp. logos is going to make them care either.

If anything it would just make such political buying more common and accepted. I think a better approach is to STOP THE BUYING OF POLITICAL POWER!! We need to put an end to it, not promote it as normal.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Like the poster above me said, it's a fun idea but it's not very good.

What would happen is politicians would jockey with each other in order to get the endorsement of whatever product is popular in their area. Republican and Democrat is enough of a branding problem as it is, can you imagine someone fighting for the Coke endorsement over the Pepsi one in Coke country?

Candidate 1: I'm the biggest Coke fan, just like the voters.
Candidate 2: No, I'm the biggest fan, and to prove it, I'll give Coke a discount on pumping water from our rivers!
Candidate 1: Well, my plan for Coke involves giving them a tax break and letting them circumvent the minimum wage.
Candidate 2: Candidate 1, you're secretly a Pepsi fan. You would even let Pepsi sell their knockoffs in our fine city, putting the honest Coke vendors out of business.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Well the reasoning behind it is well this guy is bought by the energy companies so don't take him or her seriously about their opposition to climate change and green house gases, or this other dude opposition on labeling is bought by the GMO people, It could read like a banner on screen or in print every time they speak to certain issues, however I do think this is a failure of the so-called free press to point these fact out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join