It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This internet is full of information, information readily available, detailed information about our lives, about our habbits, our friends and famlies.

This internet is automated for the most part, webcrawlers scan sites, automaticaly picking out what they want, not understading, but gathering, gathering large quanteties of information.

I have come to belive that one such system is coming into action very soon, one whos function is not to make our surfing days more enjoyable, one who is designed to gather your details, your secrets, to track you, find you, follow you.

This system is called Magi, so far I can't tell much, but it's made of three parts, Melchior, the core, Balthazar, the "stalker" and Caspar, the "Guardian".

It may be owned by the government, by a secret society like the maisoners or the illuminati. I'm sorry for the questionable nature of this post but this information was gatherd through methods of questionable legality. I for one do not want some unknow system running loose tracking my information accross the internet. All I know so far is the Melchior is the only active component. Does any one else know about this system?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hrm, I've known of open-source alternative to Carnivore which was aptly dubbed Altivore, but I've never heard of anything of this nature or scope before unless you count data miners and scammers who use the information they get to steal identities. Give the power of programming languages and the talent that is out there seemingly dormant, its not out of the realm of possiblity.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was going to edit my prevoius post to save space and all that, but it seems the ablity to edit now expires after a set time. Was bored and poking around google when I came up with the results for Melchior it at least aludes to the existance of the system, but I definately would like more information and/or proof. I'm suprised nobody else here has picked up this thread and done some research, surely there are more proficient researchers among us here at ATS?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have read about Carnivore as well as watched the FBI briefing on it. Magi, I have not heard of yet, though I agree that these things are already possible. New technologies are making it easier to gather information from ever growing sources via GPS, Satellite, Mu chip, etc. Its a matter of linking all that data that needs a little more simplification. With the price of memory shrinking, processing speeds increasing, and versatile platforms and architecture structures, anything is possible. Just takes the time and money to build it. I would be interested in knowing how this information was obtained. Even if this gets moved into RATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Since this is speculative and there's no links to it yet, I'm moving it to chitchat.

top topics

join