It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2016

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

you'll need to place it in the backgrounds part of your avatar, not the avatar itself

Put this URL in your Avatar Location: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut4e7bd94d.gif (without the space after the 'h') and place the url from the avatar I made in the Background Location
edit on 25/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

K, did it. Does it look alright? Do y'all see a little blue box like an unopened photo in the midst of the avatar? I might have messed up by pasting the url in the default avatar box in account settings. I then realized it didn't work and went to the image in ATS uploads and clicked from there and the avatar image did show up but with a little blue box included. Aaaaarrgh! Wish I were more tech savvy. Okay, rant over. Is the extended effect showing?

Test

Test

Test

Test

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well the background works! lol hmmm, not sure what it's not showing up for the little box. Did you delete that space after the 'h' in the url? and there's no spaces anywhere else (like after or before the url)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

How 'bout now? Does it look alright? Does it extend properly?

Test

Test

Test

Test

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yup. all good now!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thanks Ghost! You made a fantastic avatar for me, yaaay! I just looked back on the last page to see the full version again and I'm glad that's what everyone sees. Thanks for being my eyes and I hope the glitch is fixed so I can see all y'alls' amazing work all over the board.

STM

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

Thanks Ghost! You made a fantastic avatar for me, yaaay! I just looked back on the last page to see the full version again and I'm glad that's what everyone sees. Thanks for being my eyes and I hope the glitch is fixed so I can see all y'alls' amazing work all over the board.

You're on Safari, right? If you really want to see it you can probably just download another browser momentarily. I'm on a Mac but I use Firefox and can see all the avatars as they are now.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yes, I'm on Safari. Okay, I'll switch to Firefox, I didn't know Macs would run anything other than Safari.

Here I go . . . . . back in a few minutes.

STM

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yay!!! It worked. With Firefox I can see the extended and tiled avatars. I went back a page and saw your extended avatar, Ghost. Very, very Coool! Thanks for fixing my ATS experience, greatly appreciated!

STM

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Hey Ghost!

I'm wondering how long we can make these... I've played around with it but mine keep repeating at the 1200 - 1300 range, and 2000 is way too much... Ideas?

Here is my latest one (in case I change avi clothes before you see it) at 1300... Sigh. Back the the drawing board. Maybe I'll just make this one a little longer? 1500? 1750?

BFFT made this one for me a long time ago, and its one of my absolute faves. I'm just trying to make a fun extension.

- AB

edit on 26-3-2016 by AboveBoard because: ETA - DONE!!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

My extended avatars are always 188x2000. So unless they changed something again, it may simply be infinite.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Okay, ghost, challenge for you. If it's possible.
I am weary of my repeating avatar but, will be cycling through the same ones over...
Is it possible to have the same "length" background with just a different avi?
My daughter is picking them for me so, it will be a cycle of black, white, and greys with always birds as the theme.
They (the birds) have special meaning to us both...so.
If I am clear, the avi itself will change but, the repeating background part would stay the same...

Thanks in advance...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yes, you can have a static background with an inconstant avatar.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
a reply to: AboveBoard

My extended avatars are always 188x2000. So unless they changed something again, it may simply be infinite.

Here's what SkepticOverlord said about it when he updated an older avatar update thread recently:

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Maximum pixel dimensions: 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.

Maximum file size: Remains 75k

Because the layout parameters for page structure is different than the old per-2010 format, overly-tall avatars can make the thread-view a very-tall page.

Mini-Profile Background Images

A common method used by many members to "workaround" the avatar physical pixel size limitation is to use a mini-profile background image, and a clear-GIF/PNG avatar. We will continue to encourage this level of creativity in conjunction with the new avatar limitations.

Pixel Space: The new "visible" space for background images is 180 pixels wide and 400-480 pixels tall (depending on other factors in your mini-profile).

Maximum Pixel Dimensions: Maximum allowable mini-profile backgrounds will be 200 pixels wide by 1600 pixels tall. Smaller images are repeated in the background space for taller posts.

Maximum File Size: Maximum file size for mini-profile backgrounds is 100k if you're using a clear-GIF as your avatar, if not, the combined file size of your avatar and background image cannot exceed 150k.

Animated backgrounds are not allowed.

Background colors and imagery that obscure your member name are not allowed.

Mini-Profile Background Images Hints & Tips

With very-long posts, your background image will repeat within the space. So it's a good idea to have the same solid color at the top and bottom of your image. This will make for a seamless repeat.

If you're having trouble getting the file size below 100k for a tall background image, even with high JPEG compression, try blurring unimportant sections of the image. Blurred images/areas compress better than images or areas of images with fine detail.

Not that I understood any of it. I was watching for it to explain my Safari problems. Thanks for helping me with that btw along with the amazing avatar.

STM
edit on 26-3-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ah, excellent. Now we finally have some info to focus on.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just a mention that ghost147 is a star - diamond geezer.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Can we request avatars here?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Can we request avatars here?

Not only can you....but you SHOULD.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Then I shall!

Requesting some avatar help! I've looked at the instructions but I'm lost. I have an image ID like to use. What's next step?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

share it here so we can verify dimensions, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join