It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2016

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very abstract, Raxoxane. ^_^
I like the vividness of color in the first two.

@Ghost: Think you'd be able to play around with the contrast/brightness with this? It'll help me learn when I do it myself, and you're more experienced with it. I made the base image, of course.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Very abstract, Raxoxane. ^_^
I like the vividness of color in the first two.

@Ghost: Think you'd be able to play around with the contrast/brightness with this? It'll help me learn when I do it myself, and you're more experienced with it. I made the base image, of course.

Here's a slight increase of Brightness and Contrast (41 Brightness - 28 Contrast)

Here's a larger increase of Brightness and Contrast (100 brightness - 79 Contrast)

This one I duplicated the original image, used a Gaussian Blur Filter of 2.0 and set the duplicated image to a layer style of "Screen" to create a 'heavenly' type of appearance. I also erased the duplicated image around the eye so that the viewers eye is drawn to it, instead of it having a blurred effect

This one I applied both a mild Ripple effect and a gaussian blur filter of 2.0, set the duplicated image's layer style to Screen, and then rendered a lens flare (50-300mm zoom) at the brightest spot in the image at 100% brightness, then re-added that lens flare 3 times.

I also made a "me" version

Here's a side-by-side comparison between all 4 images new images and the original

(full sized image here)

edit on 7/2/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Ooh, thanks. The final version is neat, it'd make a good Halloween one.

Out of the normal versions, my favorite is the first one (mild contrast and brightness increase.)
The "high" contrast and brightness version looks a bit overexposed, and the eye loses its catch as a focal point.
The "Gaussian Shine" technique is always interesting (I just made that name for it up on the spot) but tends to sacrifice a bit too much detail and make the piece look blurry. In this case it sort of works due to the color composition and overall feel, but there's a few things I'd need to clean up in the original image before I'd use it.
As to the second-to-last one, you ruined the color composition so it's a no-sell unfortunately. (Orange and green lens flare looks a bit out of place when the piece is otherwise all teal and purple/pink, I think.) You seem to be reasonably good with lighting else wise, but you've got to keep color in mind. ^_^

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

As to the second-to-last one, you ruined the color composition so it's a no-sell unfortunately. (Orange and green lens flare looks a bit out of place when the piece is otherwise all teal and purple/pink, I think.) You seem to be reasonably good with lighting else wise, but you've got to keep color in mind. ^_^

Indeed

unfortunately I don't have a lot of control over lens flare settings. They should definitely implement it in future releases of the program.

However! I could go back now and alter it by hand. in case you're interested in that one?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Wow, love what you've done !

You've got a natural eye for colour contrast and visual effects.

More more !

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Not particularly. I don't really like lens flares, anyway. xD
You're better off finding lens flare images on Google. I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of the Photoshop effects. Maybe I just don't know how to use them, though.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Not particularly. I don't really like lens flares, anyway. xD
You're better off finding lens flare images on Google. I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of the Photoshop effects. Maybe I just don't know how to use them, though.

I find the best effects are custom ones, not preset ones. Mismatching them can achieve a lot, however.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I'm extremely used to using preset effects, I guess, and modifying them to what I want. I can see the appeal in making custom ones, but the Photoshop tools just feel too limited to me. (Perhaps there's plugins or something for that, though.)

I screwed around with the lighting a bit. What do you think of this one compared to the other original?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Hmm, interesting. the removal of the light over the character brings your eyes to her face, and makes it more of the subject. I like it

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You can try your contrast mojo with that one too if you want. If I like it, I'll use it instead of my current picture. (Which is the other upped contrast/brightness one.)

If you don't feel like it, I'll give it a shot myself.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You can try your contrast mojo with that one too if you want. If I like it, I'll use it instead of my current picture. (Which is the other upped contrast/brightness one.)

If you don't feel like it, I'll give it a shot myself.

I already was playing with it when you first posted it and before my last response

High contrast, High Brightness

High contrast, Low brightness

Recoloration 1

Recoloration 2

All of the above

full sized image
edit on 7/2/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i wanted to play with it, too:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Why'd you foo's recolor it? I'm the color guru here. leave the coloration to me.

Hmm, yes, I think the first one looks better than the original, but it's hard to tell. They have different moods, I believe.

I don't know what you did BFFT, but it went all grainy around her check and eye (there's that hard color transition from yellow to blue.) You want to avoid that.

If you guys want more stuff to play/practice with, I can make more of these. (As well as put some of my older ones up for adoption if people like them.)
edit on 7/2/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

If you guys want more stuff to play/practice with, I can make more of these.

sure, sounds good!

I have a special plan coming for this forum tomorrow
It'll be sure to draw a lot of photo-editing members out of the shadows and into some fun

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

There's no way of making your ATS image gallery public, is there? Well, I'll also upload (the original versions of) everything I make to this gallery for ease of access.
edit on 7/2/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

There's no way of making your ATS image gallery public, is there?

I don't think so. But I may ask that in the Board Questions forum

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Thanks so much
! i make my art first+foremost for myself
and then if other folks like it too,very cool.

I'll be adding a few more then,my son and i are both feeling really crappy today so i let the homeschooling slide for the day.

Also,feel free to modify these in any way you want,whomever may happen to want to use it. I'm not one who's really hung up on copyright and stuff like that,what i make,i would very much like to share+be enjoyed by anyone who happens to like it. It's not like i can make money off of my art,in my country one needs a credit card to do PayPal and i don't see us getting one. If that should change,i will just withhold from public use the pieces i wish to sell,but for now i do it for the love of it. I sort of HAVE to create something every day,even just one work,it's a compulsion.

So if there's just one half of a work,or part of it,feel free to yank that part out and play with ,like combine it as an element of a work you have already have,whatever.

Thanks again,CS

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Thanks very much! What i often do is make a basic work on my pc,then gmail it to my Samsung,on which from the playstore i got a nifty lil free app called Photo Effects,it can help you achieve really awesome color effects,you can use it for transparency effects+many others too. A compact lil app that's Really impressive.And of course Pixlr,free for pc and android,i cannot go without that,it would be like trying to make tea without water.
edit on 8-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

edit on 8-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join