It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. underemployment rate from November 2014 to November 2015 (by month)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
www.statista.com...

This statistic shows the U.S. underemployment rate, determined by Gallup, on a monthly basis for the ongoing year. The survey is conducted doing daily telephone interviews among about 30,000 adults per month in the U.S. The graph shows the 30-day average for each month to depict an annual trend. The rate is created by adding unemployed workers, who are looking for work, to the amount of workers employed part time but seeking full-time work. In November 2015, the U.S. underemployment rate was at 14.6 percent.

So my question is should we be counting the underemployed as employees or unemployed?

They are living in a state of poverty and most likely the majority of them are unable to support themselves. So if the unemployment rate is really closer to 15% and the underemployment rate is at 14%, should we add those two numbers together?

My example for the unemployed is a guesstimate because it's hard to really extrapolate but if I look at the number based on the labor rate instead of looking at it by how the calculate the unemployment rate. I way way low balled the number because according to the actually stats it's 1/3 of the available workforce. But we all know the variables so o halved it.
edit on 12/28/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I also include people who default on student loans. They are clearly underemployed or they would be paying them. At least in theory. There are at least 7 million people who haven't made a payment in over a year. one source...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I apologizing for butchering that paragraph.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Shadowstats Alternate Unemployment Rate for US in November 2015 is 22.9%
In my neck of the woods. Australia, we have a private research company Ray Morgan that says unemployment has increased to 9.2% against the dropping official figure of 5.8%. Official unemployment figures in australia only list people working less than one hour per week. Think its all down hill from here.

new topics

top topics

join