It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

motorhead legend lemmy dies.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Now we've reached the end I thought it would be fitting to look back to the beginning , here is the full 15 minute John Peel session from a new band looking to make their breakthrough , John Peel was a godsend to new bands in the 70s and unsurprisingly he played his part in the Motorhead story.

Tracklist:
1. Louie Louie (0:15)
2. Keep Us On The Road (3:38)
3. Tear Ya Down (9:05)
4. I'll Be Your Sister

Here performing Iron horse, born to lose , recorded for a charity event also in 1978.

edit on 29-12-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

The first I heard of Motorhead was in the early 80's when Metallica was opening for them in Europe. It's been over 30 years and I still love their stuff.

Lemmy lived the life he wanted.

RIP

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: sparky31

The first I heard of Motorhead was in the early 80's when Metallica was opening for them in Europe. It's been over 30 years and I still love their stuff.

Lemmy lived the life he wanted.

RIP

Did you see them play with Mettalica? that would have been beyond amazing.

I was going to book tickets for a local motorhead gig in the new year as I figured It might be the last chance I would have...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Before Motorhead there was Hawkwind. Lemmy is now riding his Silver Machine:

Rev high and fly high and please give them something else to listen to up there.... This one's to you

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hawkwind gave us a lot of good things.

Aside from hawkwind we got motorhead and also Micheal Moorcock and some truly great fantasy fiction.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Had a chance to see Motorhead at the First Avenue in Minneapolis back in 2002. Pure rawk. Loved his stuff with Hawkwind too. The dude was a force. A real battering ram.
Heard his favorite show cocktail was speed and acid. Brutal. He had recently switched from Jack and Coke to Vodka and OJ. Too little too late, I guess.
edit on 12/29/2015 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I read quite a few of Moorcock's books. Brilliant stuff, Conjunction of a thousand (or was it a million?) spheres. Elric. Nuff said methinks.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Damn Man that sucks.RIP Lemmy,You were the true real deal...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
lemmy was awesome.

i dont know if a lot of people know this but he wrote 'mama im coming home'..of course ozzy recorded it.
lemmy said he made more money off that one song for ozzy than he has made of the entire motorhead catalogue.

that always bothered me....

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Now the silence is deafening......

Jane

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ah, one I never got to see live.

RIP

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well thank cripes someone noted it here. Loved Lemmy. Even played Killed by Death at my wedding reception. A rock god. RIP. "R" means "rock" and I'm sure he will.

ETA: Even some older ones danced to it:

edit on 29-12-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So sad. And influential beyond measure. After 30-plus years of Motörhead enjoyment I still fire it up here and there. I've been waiting for my brother's kids to get to an age where I can unleash it upon them and then take them to see the living legend. Guess I have to live with the fact that it won't happen. But the magic will live on forever.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

It happens man. I saw Freddie in 78 and missed SRV altogether.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Somewhere in Hell Satan is #ting his pants, because Lemmy's there to take charge.

Satan knew from the start that he would rue the day!!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
RIP Lemmy

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
RIP Lemmy.

Sadly Lemmys death has overidden the passing of another Rock God.....

STEVIE WRIGHT lead singer of the Easybeats died 2 days ago also......aged 68.

Well remembered for Friday on my Mind, Good Times, Show me the way to St Louis, in the 60s etc not to mention solo efforts of Evie and Blackeyed bruiser of the 70s.
The Easybeats were the grandaddy of ACDC. (Guitarist/writer was George Young, brother of the ACDC Youngs)

Sadly as the next few years pass, there will be 100s of these old F/Rockers dying....as there has been over the past years.

Maybe someone can start a Stevie Wright thread and embed some videos (I still dont know how you do it?).

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
RIP Lemmy.

Sadly Lemmys death has overidden the passing of another Rock God.....

STEVIE WRIGHT lead singer of the Easybeats died 2 days ago also......aged 68.

Well remembered for Friday on my Mind, Good Times, Show me the way to St Louis, in the 60s etc not to mention solo efforts of Evie and Blackeyed bruiser of the 70s.
The Easybeats were the grandaddy of ACDC. (Guitarist/writer was George Young, brother of the ACDC Youngs)

Sadly as the next few years pass, there will be 100s of these old F/Rockers dying....as there has been over the past years.

Maybe someone can start a Stevie Wright thread and embed some videos (I still dont know how you do it?).

Sorry dude...no disrespect. I'm 50 years old and I'm still into and playing metal. I don't know who Easybeats is but they could never outshine Lemmy
RIP Kilmister and thanks for the memories. I still remember seeing Motorhead on late night TV when I was about 12. Motorhead is/was so raw, so real it makes even the metal "legends" (Metalica, Anthrax, etc.) sound like posers in comparison. And Lemmy...we will all excuse the Hellraiser movie...you still rule!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I´ve seen Motörhead in November..it was their second last gig.
Lemmy looked very skinny and fragile on stage.. I was kinda shocked but they ( once again) rocked the crowd.

Its sad that Mickey Dee said Motörhead will dissolve now. I understand that it makes sense since Lemmy was Motörhead and Motörhead was Lemmy.

The next day I thought..day one after Lemmy..

They will live forever.

OP, it´s MotÖrhead..

edit on 1-1-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

Somewhere in Hell Satan is #ting his pants, because Lemmy's there to take charge.

Satan knew from the start that he would rue the day!!

Mmmhmm...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join