It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

motorhead legend lemmy dies.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Bugger, it was only 5 minutes ago that he turned 70.

But that's a ripe old age for someone who ate billy like it was pasta.

It's not recommended if you want to join the 100 club.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Damn, yea I was very distraught at hearing this myself. I only even discovered the band myself just this year. I even told my brother the other day that Lemmy is the very definition of Rock -n- Roll.

Video Released just three months prior.

Rock in Peace man, I'll always remember to pour some for ya!

Motörhead - Stage Fright 2005 (Full Concert) ᴴᴰ

edit on 29-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: video bomb in memory

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I've been listening to Motorhead for more than half my life and my favourite bar plays them every night on the jukebox. It'd be BS to say I'll miss Lemmy and I haven't bought anything since 'Everything Louder than Everything Else.'

It's still like losing one of those icons who could have outlived us all. In a way that most people won't understand, he could be seen as a good role-model for the modern world. He didn't do a lot of BSing, straight-talked and didn't ever try to polish a turd. In a world that's celebrating fakery and double-talking, he didn't do either.

Some quotes:

"This entire generation seems to have become pussies, you know? Nobody seems to enjoy themselves much anymore.They are all knocking each other down for enjoying themselves." Read more: www.rollingstone.com... Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

I’m sick of the #ing, ‘Are you going to die?’ line of questioning. It's getting really old, that question. I’m alright. I’m going out there and doing my best. "I have good days and bad days but mostly I’ve been doing alright. "It’s when you get to 60 when everything starts to go pear-shaped. Everyone thinks that becoming an older guy is easy, but you never consider it fully. It comes as quite a shock. But the thing is, I don’t want to give in to it."
link

“It seems that our brave new world is becoming less tolerant, spiritual and educated than it ever was when I was young.”

“The only interesting thing about religion is how many people it's slaughtered. Communism and Nazism are religions as well, make no mistake about it.”

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sitting on your ass feeling pity is the last thing Lemmy would have wished. Take a shot, puff a smoke, and go kick some ass.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This world sadly is a much quieter place now...but that's how it goes. Party when you can and rock till you drop... See you on the other side

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The day that music cried.
Honesty , integrity and a love for rock & roll are what endeared Lemmy to peoples hearts.

Deepest sympathy to his son Paul and the millions of brokenhearted Motorhead fans around the world , we will not see his like again.

edit on 29-12-2015 by gortex because: Words now the tears have gone

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

I found out just now, through a text from a friend...

Upon quantifying what has been lost, in the passage of this rock and roll behemoth, I find that it is impossible to state expansively enough, the immeasurable nature of the void that this mans death will leave in the world.

Lemmy, if you are out there...Thanks. You laid down a long life in the service of heavy bass, kicking ass, and not giving a flying you know what, and in so doing have inspired generations of like minds all over the world. We love you sir, and hope that wherever you end up, there is a half decent amp, a bass guitar, and something inadvisably strong to drink.

Rest In Peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You are all posting the wrong #ing songs...

RIP Lemmy.

A true legend.
edit on 12-29-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Lets keep them coming!

and this one is fun too! Remastered

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
Can't say that I'm surprised, but at the same time I can't believe it. Another legend down.
RIP Lemmy. You were a Metal God among men. Now - you are simply a Metal God.

Lemmy is not just a metal god, LEMMY IS GOD! I raise one to you, ya gnarly sumbitch!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Bye bye Lemmy. You are already greatly missed.

I hope there is an otherworld, because it's going to rock over there.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Here's a comment from someone on you tube.

Somewhere in Hell Satan is #ting his pants, because Lemmy's there to take charge.

Seems appropriate cause Lemmy was a

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Goodbye to the Willie Nelson of Heavy Metal.

You'll be thought of everytime a bottle of Jack is cracked and music is played, Lemmy.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
King of Speedmetal is dead, long live the Speedmetal-King! — The Ace of Spades Killed by Death— it's unbelievable— R.I.P. old friend— Born to lose, lived to win!

I hope everyone out there runs to the nearest bookstore and buys a copy of his epic autobiography, White Line Fever, it's one of the craziest books I ever didn't finish reading, guess it's time to pick it up again, sooo many great stories, I just couldn't absorb it all without letting it simmer every now and then, but now I'm overly glad I saved the best part, that way he'll stay a while longer.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
R.I.P. Lemmy
Inspiration to many, he was the epitome of "Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll"

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

to find out you have cancer then 2 days later die of it is shocking to me.

Yes, something iffy about that.

I'm no oncologist but I'm fairly confident there are no cancers which kill you THAT fast.

Hopefully things will become clearer in the ensuing days/weeks.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

My dad was diagnosed with cancer - 6 weeks later he was gone. He was 70 too, just like Lemmy.
I'm guessing that Lemmy got diagnosed too late and his cancer was already spread - same as my Dad.
I miss them both.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Yes, I'm guessing it was a late diagnosis.

Possibly he knew what it was...and, sadly, like a lot of blokes, ignored it.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It is less likely that he ignored it, than it is that he knew something was wrong, knew roughly what it was, and declared to the universe, "Go on then, I bloody dare you...better make sure you kill me though, because otherwise I'm coming for your *snip*ing spleen!".

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It is less likely that he ignored it, than it is that he knew something was wrong, knew roughly what it was, and declared to the universe, "Go on then, I bloody dare you...better make sure you kill me though, because otherwise I'm coming for your *snip*ing spleen!".

I think you may be right with that.

I imagine he knew something was seriously wrong but was too god damn hard to be hooked up to machines and did not want his family to worry so just manned up and drank more JD to kill the pain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join