It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review.....Point Break

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Went to go see SW but it was much to crowded, so decided on Point Break.

Go see this film for the cinematography, locations, and extreme sports footage, the big wave surfing was gnarly.
But if you need a good story, coherent script, decent acting, capable directing, then wait for it on NFx or just avoid it altogether.
Luke Bracey was totally miscast in this tedious remake of a good movie. Edgar Ramirez was about the only believable
character in the entire movie. What's sad is that if they had of hung even a halfassed script on the spectacular footage it could have been ok. You would think that to spend this kind of money on a movie, they would have started with a credible screenplay.
At least it wasn't filled with BS greenscreen sfx.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Did not like the first one. But i will check this one out.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You should have waited for starwars from the sound of it. 7 out of 10 on the wars.
I saw the preview for point break and was not impressed enough to see the movie.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
They did a remake of Point Break??? Thats just silly

I thought the first one was great..

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
They did a remake of Point Break??? Thats just silly

I thought the first one was great..

I loved the first one and so did my dad. My dad saw the second one and told me he didn't like it, I have thus decided on waiting for it to hit Netflix. On a side note RIP Patrick Swayze, you died to soon, but at least you didn't have to live thru the reboot and do a crappy cameo.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Literally watching the first one right now. Some movies should just never be remade.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The first original is one of my favorites.

I'm about to blow some of your minds but you know the first Fast and the Furious is just Point Break with street racers instead of surfers right?

- - - Young undercover cop infiltrates a group of racers/surfers trying to get clues, falls for a girl, befriends the gang, wrongly accuses another gang before he realizes the real perps are his buddies, gets forced into helping them on the final heist. Confronts the leader and then lets him go. The End.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'm about to blow some of your minds but you know the first Fast and the Furious is just Point Break with street racers instead of surfers right?

Oddly enough, I thought the same thing when the first movie came out.

The first Point Break was OK, as much as it could be for a Keanu movie. I'd agree with cinematics from the previews though, looks like some great footage. Worth the wait to see it at home.

join