It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims around the world respond brilliantly to Isis leader's call to arms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi released a message on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas to all fellow Americans), praising the success of the caliphate despite the international coalition attacking it daily.

In the 24-minute recording, the first we’ve heard from al-Baghdadi since May, the leader threatens Israel (of course), taunts the United States for not putting boots on the ground (be careful what you ask for, skippy), and then called on Muslims across the globe to join ISIS.

After the message was translated and tweeted by Emirati activist Iyad el-Baghdadi (no relation) the replies quickly flew in on twitter… and they weren’t what the terror group was hoping for...

You can read some of those awesome responses on this link:
i100.independent.co.uk...

Props to my fellow muslim armchair warriors!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Al-Baghdadi, AKA Simon Elliot. Puppet of the west

Nice to see that he is being publicly humiliated via these responses.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Shame that some (many?) will say it's not enough and more needs to be done.

Or whatever the claim is so people can keep on hating Muslims on general principle.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Most Muslims are peaceful people. They will only fight if there is a real threat against their people. Now if some country did attack the Muslims than I can see them fighting to protect themselves and to neutralize the threat. We would do the same thing. I don't think ISIS is even close to following the path of the religion, I think that their leaders are just power hungry and that is not something that is considered appropriate in Islam.

Protecting your people from harm is one thing, killing your own people if they do not see eye to eye with your way of thinking is not good. ISIS has done that.

I have respect for the good Muslim people, they have the right to their beliefs. I won't judge anyone because of their religion unless the sect of their religion is chaotic and goes against peace.
edit on 28-12-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Shame that some (many?) will say it's not enough and more needs to be done.

Or whatever the claim is so people can keep on hating Muslims on general principle.

Some agreement there, mind you the responses are pretty damning, and what you might expect in 2015, not 1115.

I'm just waiting for some joker to say, "Sorry can't make it....leaves on the line at Clapham Junction"!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A true case of people rallying against a cause.

Well done folks.

It's you moderates who represent true Islam and I'm glad you're making your voices heard.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately the average Muslim's opinion of ISIS or the Caliphate matters little when rich nations are bankrolling and arming the jihadi wannabes.

Unless these nations (Saudi Arabia and the US) can be brought to act responsibly no one's opinion will make any difference at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Unfortunately the average Muslim's opinion of ISIS or the Caliphate matters little when rich nations are bankrolling and arming the jihadi wannabes.

Unless these nations (Saudi Arabia and the US) can be brought to act responsibly no one's opinion will make any difference at all.

Exactly. The U.S. has been aware for a LONG time that Saudi Arabia is the terrorist-funding epicenter but because of our relationship with them we do nothing ($/ OIL / Westernization of Middle East)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Please don't post disinformation.

That claim came from a Facebook post which the likes of veterans today picked up and made into A fabricated news stories.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Most Muslims are peaceful people. They will only fight if there is a real threat against their people.

Which flys in the face of a daily reality anyone can open the paper and read about. Muslim countries, bastions of peace. Riiiight.
edit on 28-12-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

(post by franky2 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Excellent responses...thank you for sharing them with ATS.

Sadly, there will also be those that probably heed this madman's call. Let's hope that those people will be at a minimum.
edit on 2015/12/28 by Metallicus because: Corrected Auto-correct

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This map represents the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. I think we'd all be pretty screwed if most didn't denounce Daesh. Yeah?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: rickymouse
Most Muslims are peaceful people. They will only fight if there is a real threat against their people.

Which flys in the face of a daily reality anyone can open the paper and read about. Muslim countries, bastions of peace. Riiiight.

My dad used to say that the guys from the Middle east were hot heads because they wore those turbans on their head.

That was many years ago, I suppose it is politically incorrect to say their hats are making them aggressive now.

edit on 28-12-2015 by rickymouse because: spelled turban wrong.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Word to ya mother.........

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I've tried researching this claim...

Apparently it was Edward Snowden who made the claim.

In August 2014, it was reported that Edward Snowden had claimed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is a Jewish actor whose real name is Simon Elliot (Elliot Shimon)[5] who, having been recruited by Mossad, was trained in espionage and psychological warfare.[6]

I'm not trying to spread disinformation, if it isn't true then mistake

wikispooks.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Snowden was attributed to everything by conspiracy theorists looking to mislead, from alien disclosure to chemtrails.

Claim: Pictures show Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi is a Mossad agent named Simon Elliot

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

He also exposed the NSA's illegal surveillance program.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think you missed my point.

There was a flurry of made up stories attributed to Snowden in an attempt to give them validity.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Wonderful, gives me hope, I believe most people on the planet just want to live in peace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join