It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Grand jury declines to indict Cleveland policemen in fatal shooting of 12-year-old Tamir R

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

What difference would that make? You can buy custom colored AR15 parts in pink camo as well as other colors. As prior LEO, we are trained if you see a weapon, pull your weapon. If that weapon starts to be aimed at you, you are free to engage the target.

The only time you are not justified to shoot at a target with a weapon is if it is a knife or other hand to hand combat weapon, and there is enough of a reactionary gap where you could use less than lethal force such as taser or OC spray.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Kephiux because: wording

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: ReadLeader

I am so glad my kids are growing up in the UK.

Just teach them to not attack or make threatening motions toward the cops and they will be fine.

People like you make it possible for BLM movement to exist and even desired.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Here's a quick meme as to why you don't mess around pointing fake guns at people especially ones that look very real

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: ReadLeader

I am so glad my kids are growing up in the UK.

Just teach them to not attack or make threatening motions toward the cops and they will be fine.

People like you make it possible for BLM movement to exist and even desired.

Excuse me for having some common sense. You dont go running up on a armed person unless you want trouble. you dont point a weapon(yes even a BB gun is a weapon) unless you are grown up enough to accep the consequences. Stupid amateurs complain when they get shot.

Also BLM dont USE common sense so there goes that theory.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Malynn

Your not going to get enlightened, a cop could shoot a baby in the face and he will rationale it.

A baby cant use a gun to begin with. there is no reason to shoot a baby in the face intentionally. And who praytell were you talking about? You do know its against the TnC to slander a poster or talk about them right?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
Regarding dispatch, I don't think they like to muddy the waters with what may be or might not be. My reasoning is that they don't want to pollute the decision making process of the officers as they are in route. Many may disagree with me on this but I would like to hear a dispatchers opinion in the matter.

Disagree with this portion. I don't believe a person in a dispatch call center is in any position to filter out information given by an eyewitness. Filtering out information given by a caller is what muddys the waters and did so in this case.

I am sure the dispatcher would deny any wrongdoing, so I am not interested in their take on that personally.

I would love an ATS member that has worked as a police dispatcher give us their input. Lastly, I would love to see all the documentation regarding the proceedings to see what the findings were regarding the dispatching in this case.

Yay I can actually put in content!

Anyway I was a trained/cert EMD for a few years. I did fire, EMS, PD backup...I will admit now that 90% of my work was FD/EMS and ESDA...BUT we were required backup for PD for "emergencies"

IE: PD dispatch REALLY has to use the bathroom :-)

Now this is a half and half...on one hand, we aren't supposed to find out every potential detail

HOWEVER...in the three different centers I worked for before I went psych and became a therapist full time, we are absolutely required to try and ferret out as much "pertinent" detail as we possibly can...for a few reasons

1. It's how we determine response level (basic, no-code, code-no siren, code-with siren, etc...we also have the same sort of response levels for fire, IE, still, box, 1st alarm, etc, and EMS, Omega all the way to Echo which is for someone dying or already not breathing/beating) Getting details in a police response tells us how we request PD to respond. For example...there is active shooting, one person down...I request multiple units going code-with siren...in this case, I want the police to go full bore and beat the ambulance by a long shot...on the other hand, woman calls in, stalker/murderer/ex-husband with DV records is in the house but does't know SHE is there...I want code, no siren, shut down all lights three blocks out...this way police move their rear-end BUT don't tip off that a call was made or a silent alarm fired

2. Ferreting out information gives us and the units an idea of what they are potentially walking into. Now if I am on the button, and this call comes in and someone does say, "it looks like it might be a kid with a toy...but I really can't be sure...then my response is going to change to something along the lines of (forgive me it's been a while) "Unit 251, unit 252, 10-18 for a 10-32 at (whatever name) park. Suspect described as a young boy (or I might say) 12 year old boy who is brandishing a weapon."

Unit goes into response and now I have to offer an updated request "251, 252, be advised...caller reports that suspect looks like a 12-13 year old boy. Gun may be a toy with orange marker rubbed off. Caller is unsure of details."

this is what it really comes down to...information given to PD can markedly change the potential response and posture of the call

So while I may not get every detail...it is indeed our job as EMD's to get as much of the immediately pertinent detail as possible.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The one on the left. Its design is simpler, and there's a barrel inside the barrel for the BB pellet.

However, I do believe this is actually one of those few cases where the officer isn't guilty. The person whom he shot did actually draw a gun on him, even if it was a realistic fake and that person was a kid. This isn't like the other cases where people have been shot because the officer thought they might have maybe possibly had a gun that they were going for after having been tazed ten times. This isn't like the case where someone was shot repeatedly in the back.
edit on 6/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join