It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Liberals Admire and Romanticize Islam

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah this doesn't make SENSE.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After ALL all gun owners are responsible for the actions of the FEW.

But the 'pros' sing a different tune when it comes to other things.

I stand by that statement, Neo. Whether you agree with it or not.

Want to address the topic now?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That isn't a red herring.

That's called HYPOCRISY!

And it fits so well into this topic cause only liberals THINK they are better than conservatives.

Truth be told ?

They are not even CLOSE TO BEING.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

That isn't a red herring.

That's called HYPOCRISY!

And it fits so well into this topic cause only liberals THINK they are better than conservatives.

Truth be told ?

They are not even CLOSE TO BEING.

Blah blah......

You do realize that what you just said is hypocritical, right?

Liberals think they are better than conservatives, but they are not....because you're better?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just to reiterate. Videos of liberals—honest and smart liberals—agreeing with the article.

The Guardian, it seems, was not happy. Rather than react by providing much beleaguered feminist, gay or ex-Muslims with a crucial platform—as one would expect from a progressive newspaper—they featured a doting interview with the UK front-leader for the Islamist extremist group Hizb ut-Tahrir (HT) complaining about the Prime Minster’s speech.

The British Left’s Hypocritical Embrace of Islamism by Maajid Nawaz (former radical Islamist, now liberal democrat)
edit on 29-12-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Sure did say HYPOCRITICAL.

What's the difference between Muslims and Christians ?

After all they are just a bunch of right wing neocons that cling to their guns and religion.

Not my words by the way a 'liberals'.

Only liberals will make every EXCUSE for Muslims, and extend NO SUCH courtesy to Christians.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yeah this doesn't make SENSE.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After ALL all gun owners are responsible for the actions of the FEW.

But the 'pros' sing a different tune when it comes to other things.

You continue to make no sense whatsoever. Believe it or not, it is possible to support the Second Amendment and gun control. It's all part of being a responsible gun owner. You know, treating it as a very dangerous tool, wanting to make sure that guns don't end up in the hands of criminals and lunatics. My wife's family come from Oregon and Idaho. Given the local wildlife there owning a gun makes sense. That said, they regard people who walk about in the middle of town with a rifle purely to demonstrate their Second Amendment rights as being dangerously deluded imbeciles.
Here's a link that points out a few things.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

After all they are just a bunch of right wing neocons that cling to their guns and religion.

Only liberals will make every EXCUSE for Muslims, and extend NO SUCH courtesy to Christians.

?????????????????????????????????
More absolute gibberish. And you're wrong - again. Are you trying to prove a point in some kind of bizarre manner?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Already thoroughly addressed that issue in my first post on this thread. By all means, read it and comment from there. But I will not keep going circles with someone that cannot formulate a logical argument.

You need to man-up and quit playing the drama queen.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2015 by neo96 because: on sceond thought not worth it.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You called me lame, cowardly, and lazy earlier in this thread.

I forgot about that part. I'll cop to that - meant every word :-)

You've called me bigot and anti-Muslim.

Anti-Muslim - absolutely. Your own words pretty much spelled that out for all of us

I've answered every one of your questions.

Never directly - I don't get why

See? Imply people who disagree with you are bigots.

Not people who disagree with me - just people who are bigoted. There are people that I love that have completely different views on life. It's not complicated. As much as you'd like this to be just about being contrary - some people hold some views that deserve criticism. I am a bigot too - we all are. I understand this very well

Which is why I got into this thread. This is why people argue - I'm not likely to give it up

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I forgot about that part. I'll cop to that - meant every word :-)

I know you do, which is a clear indication of your playground politics. That is the extent of your debate tactics.

Never directly - I don't get why

Because they are stupid questions.

Anti-Muslim - absolutely. Your own words pretty much spelled that out for all of us

False. Anti-Islam, sure. Anti-Muslim? Nope. What other lies can you conjure up?

Not people who disagree with me - just people who are bigoted. There are people that I love that have completely different views on life. It's not complicated. As much as you'd like this to be just about being contrary - some people hold some views that deserve criticism. I am a bigot too - we all are. I understand this very well

Which is why I got into this thread. This is why people argue - I'm not likely to give it up

I'll give you credit for admitting it, but bigotry has no place in civil debate.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thank you for these videos.

I had exhausted myself to the point of almost letting those people win.

I finally understand the method of the madness in their minds.

The more I tried to understand their insanity, the more anti-Islamic I was becoming. I attempted in a many post to clarify if the posters realized they were alienating people, not wining them over, and if their goal was to protect and champion Islam, that they were only succeeding in turning people even more people against Islam. Once they admitted they were fully aware that their actions were decisive, and was furthering hate, I was done. It seems for them it is worth it to have those few brief joyful seconds of feeling like they have stuck it to the Christians or the West.

Their stance is a very selfish one that does not hurt Christians, as that horse has already been beaten to death. But to use the people they claim they are protecting, as the soccer ball, shows how vested they are in their battle, and it is a game I will not play.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Hey Les. I was wondering if you planned on getting back to me on this any time in the near future???

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think he'd of had a better debate with you than the one he's had with Spiramirabilis.

edit on 29-12-2015 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

I think he'd of had a better debate with you than the one he's had with Spiramirabilis.

Ya I noticed they seem to be having some trouble expressing themselves in a loving and accepting sort of way recently.

Crazy kids, what can ya do??? Ya have to just let em work through these rough patches on their own sometimes I suppose.

We've been having an ongoing debate ourselves too actually. Not much success there either but I think it's more of a miscommunication than anything else. Which is why I'm trying to figure out what the hitch in our giddy up is all about before it turns nasty between us too.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

By now you should realize that religion, yours included is INCOMPLETE, and is never going to do what you "think" it is intended to do.

How hard really, is it for you to realize what an amazing gatekeeper it is, for those that want us to NEVER achieve more.

It is the ultimate toolset, it interferes and interjects when necessary, and when not, and all of it takes us nowhere in the end......

Trust me, in this lifetime you will see all of them, ALL religions crushed by something far more mysterious than "GOD".

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I apologize, m0j0m; I missed it.

Morning Les. Let's try this from a different angle this time. If you would, explain to me what it is exactly that you would like me to be convinced of???

Not what's wrong with my current position or what you think my current position is, but what you are trying to convince me is true. Just pretend like this is the first time we've discussed this and tell me what you think it is I should believe is true as far as this topic goes.

First, that there is a problem. Second, that the greatest problem facing the values we (I hope we) all hold dear here in the west—freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the equal treatment of women and minorities, human rights—is Islamism. And I think the conditions of free speech, freedom of religion, the equal treatment of women and minorities, human rights, in Islamic countries who have not been inspired to adopt western values, proves that.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
The liberal cognitive dissonance toward Islam is one of the most interesting psychological states to me at the moment.

I lean to the left, and I hate watching demagogues politicize their fear of Muslims everyday, but I also believe all ideas should be freely scrutinized. I question the authoritarian side of every religion, but i never say "Muslims are _______" I always question specific ideas, and only the ideas, but there is almost always a 100% guarantee that one of my fellow liberals will play the Islamophobia card on me. It is very frustrating. It really kills any chance we have at healthy discourse.

I understand the liberal need to defend the oppressed, but we can't afford to have blind spots in that defense.

The problem is, most of these people are fully 10 years behind in making the decisions they have that lead them to these conclusions, and thoughts.

They are the same people that wanted the Middle East blown to hell a few short years ago, and demonstrate that they are extremely easy to lead around by the nose, all the while only focusing on OTHER shortsighted groups that are lead around by the nose.

It is "them or us" for them, and continues to be, only this time, they actually believe they are going to make things all better by forgiving only those who are of most threat to them, and harassing everyone else who used to be an ally.

Good luck to you all, we can already see your impending fall, a good 7 years ago when we finished contemplating what you are now only beginning.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

First, that there is a problem. Second, that the greatest problem facing the values we (I hope we) all hold dear here in the west—freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the equal treatment of women and minorities, human rights—is Islamism. And I think the conditions of free speech, freedom of religion, the equal treatment of women and minorities, human rights, in Islamic countries who have not been inspired to adopt western values, proves that.

Well that is true for any religion. Religion is a threat to humanity.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well that is true for any religion. Religion is a threat to humanity.

Communists used to think the same way, until they tried to enforce it. We cannot take religion away from people. It sounds good in theory—at least to card carrying atheists—but it fails in practice.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join