It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For Me To Come Clean...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Thank you for your wise and kind advice to everyone here. I will take it to heart.

You are sweet. Thanks. If only one person could get the message that is great, fortunately it appears that maybe there is more than one that did.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Sorry to hear that (unsolicited sympathy, I know, please forgive).

I totally agree, live it!

That is okay, I just didn't want a pity party.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
So sorry to hear that. We've disagreed on a few things but I've still thought that you're one of the good ones. You might look into medical cannabis in case the pain is too bad. Take care of yourself and stay strong.

You are a kind soul Skid. I have been medicating and it does offer some relief. I really did not want to get to deep into my situation, but I realize that you all deserve to be acknowledged for your support.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'm so sorry to hear that about you soul.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way brother.

Turn that frown upside down. No worries here, I am doing just great. Thanks for your support.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
While I have not always agreed with your posts I can 100% support and respect this OP.

The following is one of the more profound things I have read on ATS, thank you for saying it...

"Do not take for granted what you have right now in this very moment. Brain tumor or not, it can all change in the blink of an eye. "

Nothing if not challenging, life would be very dull without debate. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have thought for some time now that something was not right, your posts and threads vary so widely and your mood can change in a moment. I have always taken your more extreme moments with a pinch of salt as the opposite end of the scale was so warm and insightful, full of love and hope for humanity.

God speed.

I appreciate your candor and support. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Wow, I was not expecting this...

Bless you in all the time you have left and in whatever comes after.

Look forward to being a part of your remaining experience in these unpredictable bio-suits we call bodies.

Peace and Love

You know, I hesitated to do this OP many times. I found myself writing it over and over again only to delete it. I finally decided that since I had the opportunity to do this with a community forum that is basically anonymous with people that at least know me through my time here, I should take advantage while I can. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Sorry.... I can't help it.-

Please sweety, Positive thoughts are great, do not feel sorry for me. I truly have been blessed and will continue to enjoy my life. The chapter has not been completed yet and while I may not frequent ATS as often as I have, I will continue to keep in touch. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Oh no, soul, I'm so sorry.

What I want? I want you all to cherish whatever time you have with those you love. This is the most important part of life. Do not take for granted what you have right now in this very moment.

For you - consider it done.
B x

You are awesome and I would only say, DO NOT FEEL SORRY for me, I have much to be thankful for and the support here has been great.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

We only have one second to live this reality. What I want? I want you all to cherish whatever time you have with those you love. This is the most important part of life. Do not take for granted what you have right now in this very moment. Brain tumor or not, it can all change in the blink of an eye.

Good advice.

My best wishes, Soul.

Thank you. Wishes accepted.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
I tell that to my step daughter all the time.

Life is way short.

Dont waste it. Enjoy it.

Cant take back the years, when they are gone, they are gone. And your future is always a crap shoot. You never know how long you have on this life.

People worry too much about what other people think about them. Sucha waste.

It is impossible to ignore what others think of us, but we need to make decisions for ourselves and enjoy what life brings, good or bad, everything has a value. I think the most difficult thing for anyone to do is to not feel sorry for themselves when faced with adversity. I am and have been blessed to experience so many different situations. My soul has been a sponge and this human condition may cease, but the knowledge will not. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
We only have one second to live this reality. What I want? I want you all to cherish whatever time you have with those you love. This is the most important part of life. Do not take for granted what you have right now in this very moment. Brain tumor or not, it can all change in the blink of an eye.

This is so important; we have but one life, one more second, minute, hour, year is gone; where did the years go? We are all one breath and one heart beat closer to the inevitable; I choose happiness & joy no matter.....

Soul, best wishes on your journey, many leave this planet without EVER finding the empowering knowledge you so wish to share in your 'plight' -

While I think we have an eternal soul and I will find my journey onward, we do only have this life as this human to cherish the time we have with these humans. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
Wow....

True, we only get one chance at this ole world, time goes by way to fast.

I do believe we get other opportunities to advance the evolution of our soul, just not always here with these humans in our life right now. ATS has been my refuge and I thank you all for putting up with me.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
You are so right. Our bodies are, at best, a temporary shelter. I've known three people with the same basic diagnosis. It is very challenging.

Thank you for your contributions here, soul, for being part of the rich warp and weft of the fabric, color and shape of ATS. I wish you light for the journey, and appreciate the wisdom you bring for the now.

peace to you,

AB

It is nice of you to say. Challenging is correct. I hope when all is said and done that my OP's will find others and continue to motivate. Thank you for the extra light.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
There were few things i wanted to say to you, as not all added up.. certain mood swings. Thank you for explaining your situation and please take the best out of EVERYTHING in your life. . .Life is for living and we can all make ours beautiful if we want to !

I won't blame the tumor for all of it, but it has played a role. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sorry to hear about the brain Tumor. Is it growing fast or just sitting around? My dad had a fast growing type and they cut it out, he lived for about six months after that before dying on Christmas day.

Make some good homemade beef soup with a cartilaginous soup bone. eat it once or twice a week and it will help to keep it from growing as fast. Strawberries also slow tumor growth. You have to eat anyway and a pot of beef soup is cheap to make because soup bones are not that expensive.

Trying to keep you going for a little longer so you don't poop out on us so soon..

Doesn't matter, I won't let them touch me or give me chemo. I want whatever time I have left to be spent with dignity. I am eating and living the best I can and just trying to soak in as much nature as possible. I am blessed. Writing this OP gave me the courage to finally tell my immediate family. I did not want them to change their daily lives on my account, but I decided they deserved to know. Thanks for your support.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: soulpowertothendegreei won't give you advice, but I was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour in 2007. I'm no expert and appreciate we all have own way of dealing with these things, so I'll leave it to you if you want to get in touch if you want, but there are loads more treatments available nowadays therehave been some remarkable advances since I was diagnosed. You are welcome to contact me whenever you want

I am proud of you for handling your own adversity. Suffice it to say, not all tumors are created equal. I know doctors are not gods and can make mistakes. I, also, am aware of the new treatments available, I have not given up trying to deal with it. I just did not want this OP to be about anything pertaining to diagnosis or treatment. I wanted to get the fact out of my head and I wanted to get others to think about their own lives and how they deal with adversity. I want others to give a damn about life and appreciate what they have and to care about something besides materialistic, unnecessary crap. Love each other. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
That's a real kick to the can..
Best wishes

I used to love playing that game. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I do not want sympathy. I do not want advice. I do not want prayers. I had a way of dealing with life that was always the same before I was told this news. All it did was reinforce my beliefs.

I hope you don't consider my post in the category of advice. I am the last person that can offer advice, because while I have lived probably a few more years than you, I have not lived long enough to know what the hell is going on in my own life, so I sure as hell can't tell anyone else, anything about their own. I will share with you some information that I found interesting, and I found it out the hard way.

I had an epiphany after my third operation, on leaving the hospital. I was leaving after a surgery that started as an outpatient surgery, landed me in the intensive care times two, back to the OR times two, and not discharged until 14 days later, with required daily MD visit for 5 days. The staff was all so glad to see me being discharge home, and then the dreaded words were spoken. "We didn't think you were going to make it."

Now you would think those would be wonderful words to hear. They were, the first two times I heard them; after my first two surgeries. But this time I realized, if each time they didn't think I was going to make it, how much input did they really have in the fact that I did make it?

I started really listening to what my doctors had to say, and realized that half the time they are flying by the seat of their pants, and have as much control as I do, on how my body responds to the ravages of life.

I got that diagnosis in November 2000, but I knew something was seriously wrong starting around 1998, and my doctors all convinced me that it was stress and or hormones. After finally agreeing to investigate further they ordered a CT scan, followed by a MRI, and surprise! They were wrong.

I had to make some quick and serious decisions about life. I had to make choices that involved not just me, but the lives of my children and family, but this is no different than it is in the life of each and every one of us, each and every day.

No one can tell you what is right for you, and no one, even the doctors, can tell you what to do. Only you can make that choice. Doctors can only tell you what was worked for others, they can't tell you what is going to work for you.

Life is about choices. Others can offer advice, support, love, and information. Only you really get to choose.

You are right and thank you for sharing your own experience. I have been through many life threatening situations over the years, so much so that I have grown accustomed to calling myself the cat with 9 lives, but this is the first time that I am face to face with something I can not actually do anything about without severely changing the quality of life that I have the ability to lead right now. I will soak it all in and when the chapter is done, off I go to start the next one. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
I am currently going through a lot of life changing bad luck all at once in the last 6 mon the or so.. and have been begining to give up a bit on life..
Your post has just put life into perspective. . I'm going to start living my life again from tomorrow..

I wish you all the luck in the world my friend and godspeed . .
I'm raising a glass of jd and coke as I write this..

Could you make mine a CROWN w/ a twist of lemon and a splash of 7?
I am so happy I could inspire you. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join