It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For Me To Come Clean...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Hello Soul...since I know what you dont want to hear, Ill try to get across a few simple points. Dealing with issues medical as an EMT in Life Support, and Senior Medical Services, I've learned a lot.

Make each day be the best you can, however you can, and when you can...and dont be hard on yourself on a day you can't.

My theory on life...good-bad-health-wealth-positive-negative...is this: each day? I just keep moving. Every day...I just keep going. Maybe I'm fast on some days, and draggin' my issues with me like a chain behind on others. But, its all ok. It is life. I just keep going.

You are an exceptional person to share here. Why? Because that shows you have a great capacity to care...and to share. Seems quite DIFFERENT from the tone of your threads of late!! But understandable now...

We accept you as you are, and not who you were,or whom youre going to be. It's not what we've done in life, nor for how long...it's who we ARE that matters. And you have many here that would call you "friend".

Count me as one...Ill be looking forward to some more discussions with you!..for a long time to come! So just KEEP MOVING!!!

God Bless.........MS

edit on 28-12-2015 by mysterioustranger because: splchk

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

That's actually good news. Now you don't have to worry anymore about death.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Much love too you.......and keep on rockin with your bad self.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My theory on life...good-bad-health-wealth-positive-negative...is this: each day? I just keep moving. Every day...I just keep going. Maybe I'm fast on some days, and draggin' my issues with me like a chain behind on others. But, its all ok. It is life. I just keep going.

You just shared the secret to making it. It has become my mantra, along with, "Keep your head up."

My first challenge of every day is just getting out of bed. Once I can make it to my feet, I know that half the battle is done, and it is about just keep moving. Crazy thing is the longer I keep moving, the better I feel. If I sit or stand still for more than a few minutes, it is like starting from the beginning, but as long as I keep moving, it is tolerable, and I am functional.

You are right, life is the champion of beating you up, it doesn't need any help. I try to save that energy for something that works to my benefit. Of course, ATS is a good distraction, but I use anything that keeps me so focused I don't have time to give in to the pain, inconvenience, or disappointments, life throws at me. It hurts too much for me to play my cello or my violin, so I dusted off the guitar I hadn't played since the early 80's and I am also re-familiarizing myself with the piano.

Stuck in an office, I pull out my book of cryptograms. It is like you say, the secret is to keep going. Keeping your mind, body, and spirit in gear, and moving forward, is the key.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thank you for the reply. I was a professional-lead guitarist singer in one of the top 100 Rock and Roll groups of all time (Billboard Magazine)...beginning in the 1960''s until now.

But, thats not the subject here, and not important what one has done, but who one is to others that matters...but I relate to the guitar and piano/keys for me being away as were you. You keep going... But, Ive digressed...

Another tidbit I've learned is I this that I was always told....

1."Never sit down, when you can LAY Down".
2."Never LAY DOWN...when you can close your eyes for a few minutes"
3."Never LAY DOWN, eyes closed....when you could nap for 10-15 minutes"!

And the "keep moving" daily philosophy? I have another I go by.

*I try to learn one small thing..just one...every day.
*And I try to help just one (or more) person each day, even if it's just holding open a door.
*Finally, I try to not be so hard on myself when I make mistakes...which is inevitable that I will.

Thanks again, Best, MS
edit on 28-12-2015 by mysterioustranger because: splchkr

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I am sorry.

You have support in the ATS community if needed.

edit on 28-12-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
I have known something for many months now that I have never revealed about myself. It has much to do with the urgency I have had in trying to extol certain aspects of life and spirituality.

I have an inoperable brain tumor. I was given a specific amount of time before I would be forced to deal with obvious changes in my personality and physical capabilities.

I do not want sympathy. I do not want advice. I do not want prayers.

I had a way of dealing with life that was always the same before I was told this news. All it did was reinforce my beliefs.

We only have one second to live this reality. What I want? I want you all to cherish whatever time you have with those you love. This is the most important part of life. Do not take for granted what you have right now in this very moment. Brain tumor or not, it can all change in the blink of an eye.

So often, facing the immanency of one's mortality (or a Loved one) is the greatest Blessing of an entire life!
Puts all those 'priorities' in a whole new light!

"Only a Breaking Heart can Love!"

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

And the "keep moving" daily philosophy? I have another I go by.

*I try to learn one small thing..just one...every day.
*And I try to help just one (or more) person each day, even if it's just holding open a door.
*Finally, I try to not be so hard on myself when I make mistakes...which is inevitable that I will.

Deserves to be put on a plaque. Sweet.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Man WTF? Your energy on the boards makes this seem impossible!
And on top of this really messed up news, you toss in these
restrictions? Like not wanting us to pray or have sympathy for
you? I'm sorry Soul, the best I can do is meet you half way on
the sympathy. But the prayers, it's already to late. I said one
before I started typing and I'm gonna keep going after I'm done.
That's just the way that is when you deliver such a sweet message
dude. If you're upset by that, well, to bad I guess.

Post Script

If it helps, you could look at this way. My wife keeps telling me
I need to pray more anyways.

edit on Ram122915v48201500000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I am gonna send you my cancer experience pm

Please read it

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

omg
we love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the beautiful soul you are and mostly for being funny and kind despite everything ..

no1. thing never ever give up never ever stop fighting I truly believe we can heel .. if you feel down we will lift you up you have all of us

edit on 29-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh sweetie! What wonderful advice you give.

If each of us lives in the moment and takes each precious second that we are given; then we have been able to make the most of this crazy life.

Love with all of your heart, like it will never be broken.
Live life as if you will never falter. That is the best that we can do.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I'm certain We will laugh about the "time out/Warning" You just sent Me.. I wish You "Luck" the rest of Your 'time' here and also on Your next journey when that 'time' arises..

Travel Well My Friend and may the wind be at Your back..

namaste

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

My apologies for not responding to each of you individually. I am touched deeply by the outpouring of support. It is not that I didn't actually want your prayers and advice, I just know the journey will continue regardless. Many obstacles to overcome and all I really wanted was for those of you that cared to know everything we have in this life is precious and to not take the simple things for granted. It seems as though most of you get it. Thanks again and much love and hugs to all.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

That was an incredibly meaningful thing for you to say. Honestly, this is the kind of beautiful thing about life on earth that we hardly get enough of and could use so much more of. Really, "I'm fine, don't worry...what's important to me is all of you," couldn't express any better the kind of person I pray to be one day if I could just let go of the stress, the financial woes, the grudges, the self judging voice, the shame of how I look, the what ifs, and the shoulddas...all the things I know darn well are counterproductive to whatever spiritual goal life might have in store but things that identify as I might are still seemingly impossible to walk away from especially in a life those in the know have built so deep into "the matrix" if you will that one can't exist without (at least this is what I believe). But boy howdy if you haven't encouraged me to really refocus on at least minimalizing these things which is a darn good start. And God bless you if you don't mind my saying, however religious or not you may be its simply how I express my best wishes for you in MY reality.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So sorry to hear. Can't offer much but positive vibes. Also, to seek out advice on comfort and options beyond the first diagnosis recommended treatment.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Bon Voyage

May the wind be kind to you and the ports be full of merry people.
Look at the name of the ship.

Oh your advice is absolute sanity.

WIS
edit on 29-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: Bah Humbug

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry it took this to make you realize how valuable every second is. I'm also sorry it will probably take most everyone (including myself) a similar tragedy to come to your conclusion. God help us all...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

all I really wanted was for those of you that cared to know everything we have in this life is precious and to not take the simple things for granted.

Very wise! It is often the simple things in life that mean the most. You are an inspiration to so many here and we thank you for that!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I'm so very sorry...

Please don't feel sorry for me. I have been blessed. There are many things on my bucket list that will get much needed attention.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join