It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 03.08: The Zombie Apocalypse Happening Right Now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Outside of NYC, in more rural areas, i can imagine something like this wouldn't go so well. In West Odessa the locals are known for being a little more...individualistic. Its not uncommon for LEO coming onto their land to have warning shots fired at them.

In the country we got a lot of crazy folks. Maybe you folks in the city should get some crazies to keep the authority off your toes, too?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So the guy who's house got bulldozed.....he received absolutely no warnings? No notices at all? They just showed up and bulldozed the house down, all on someone's word?

That would piss me off just a little bit.

I understand he was out of state. Had he no family to go take care of things (IE mail pick up, etc) once he got stuck down in Florida?

Please realize I am in NO way defending this crap of what happened to his home. I think it's a good sign of just how screwed up things have become and are just going to get worse.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

...yup...

...just waiting for the Zs...

...kinda be a downer if none ever show...but given the hordes of teenagers etc I see each and every day shuffling around mesmerised by shiny screens in their hands...I think it's already happened...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: alien

Draws less attention.

edit on 28-12-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
So the guy who's house got bulldozed.....he received absolutely no warnings? No notices at all? They just showed up and bulldozed the house down, all on someone's word?

That would piss me off just a little bit.

I understand he was out of state. Had he no family to go take care of things (IE mail pick up, etc) once he got stuck down in Florida?

Please realize I am in NO way defending this crap of what happened to his home. I think it's a good sign of just how screwed up things have become and are just going to get worse.

I had a property n Florida, paid for, no taxes owed, in beautiful shape. The only problem was the grass was brown, because we were going through a period of little rain. The house was empty, it was not abandoned, because I wasn't living in the house at the time, and lived about 2 hours away.

Code enforcement just kept putting notices on a empty house. They never called me. They never sent me a notice or a letter. They have on file my home address, my home phone number, and my cell. They made no attempt to reach me at all.

If I had not just by fate, gone by the house to check on it, they would have taken action against me for multiple issues of code violations without response to the 20+ notices placed on the windows of a empty house. And a no show at a mandatory court appearance.

I had a mental breakdown when I when to the City Commissioners office.

This is the kind of underhanded bull crap that the cities, condo boards, and the homeowner associations pull here in Florida. You can't go on vacation for more than a week, without fear of the possibility of these crooks trying to steal your property.

I don't think I can hate anyone or anything as much as I hate the subhuman life forms that work in code enforcement.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: alien

Draws less attention.

Yep. My answer to the ZA myself. The original long range weapon .SSD .Swift , Silent , Deadly

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

The county claims they sent two notices to the house, however, none were sent by registered mail. Unfortunately, the owner didn't anticipate being in Florida for more than three weeks, and never thought to arrange mail-forwarding. When the health complications set in, he had other worries -- like not dying.

It also looks like the county never decided to check to see if the taxes and mortgage payments were current before proceeding with the bulldozers.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

After wrapping my brain around this, all I can do is:

Shake..My.....Head.

And be grateful for where I live I guess.

Like you said, the guy was more concerned about his health....and I highly doubted he expected someone to bulldoze his home while he was gone. I'm surprised the shock didn't give him heart failure.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Heaven forbid someone from Long Island go on vacation for a few weeks anymore. They just might come back home to find that they're homeless.

Even sadder than that, is the fact that people (the city's blue collar employees) are actually willing to raze someone's home for no other reason than that it's unsightly. It's like the employees who cut off people's electric in the winter, it's just wrong and it makes them just a little bit less than human.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Eminent domain without the paperwork, so is there a followup on this story? What does the homeowner say? Will there be a lawsuit? Does he stand a chance to win compensation for his life and his possessions?

This is serious and can snowball into even deeper trouble in the future if an example is not clearly made. The guy is already physically compromised and not up for a fight, seems as if he has noone he can fall back on either, well, do you suppose the same agencies helping the refugees could help this man get back on his feet and into a home? JK, but really I wonder if an agency like Habitat for Humanity could step in and rebuild him a small affordable home?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Nothing - absolutely nothing - about the greed and abuse of this sick, corrupt, damnable oligarchy surprises me anymore.

And that sucks.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
But then, the ignored truth in this country is that nobody actually owns any real property anyway. You are allowed to hold a sham title to a piece of property, then the government levies an annual lease fee on your ownership.

You don't see it that way? Try not paying your lease once.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

For the last 18 years, I've been advising people that the all time worst investment a middle class income earner can make is residential real property within the geographic boundaries of a municipality. Notice, I said middle class income earner. If you're wealthy enough to be able to buy a house in the city that is in the UPPER 10% of the cost range, you'll make out o.k. But if you're just the average shmo looking to buy the typical tract built type house, you will lose you're proverbial behind.

For 18 years, I've explained this only to watch co-workers and friends make the mistake. Typically within 5 years they're whining to me that the purchase of the house was the all time worst mistake they'd ever made. What surprised me was the fact that as the years have elapsed, the period of time that the buyer takes to realize the huge mistake has shortened from say, 10 years to 2 years. That's and indication of just how much the decline in neighborhood values has accelerated.

Now we see the corrupt politicians at work in various land grab schemes to steal real estate to sell it to their developer pals for huge profit. The only way to remain free of the grasp of the evil, greedy politicians is to Rent if you must live in one of these crappy cities! Don't buy property within the cities limits.....you WILL be robbed. And the reason you will be robbed is because, unless you haven't noticed, the residential areas in and around these cities is in perpetual re-development. Buyers LOSE money; only the Developers MAKE money......and the corrupt officials that pander to them.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
And the demon has spread its wings to beyond the gates.

The code enforcement ghouls take on a new name beyond the gates, but their mission is the same. The BLM or the Department of Environmental Protection, is just the same demon with more power and even less soul. They are Legion and it is all for one reason. To grab your land and the redistribution of wealth.

Of course the move of weath and ownership is being moved away from our hands, and into the hands of their minions and cronies.

America is dead, may she RIP.

Americans have no choice but to remain asleep. They have bred heart, gut, and commonsense out of the masses, so as long as they have wi-fi and are plugged into the Matrix, they will never know what hit them.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I bought my house in 2003, almost lost it in 2009 due to my employer going belly up in the great recession. Had to pay $6K to the freaking hoa for a failure to pay the annual fee during that time. Worked for large oil and gas company and was laid off in June this year. Decided I was done with jerk employers who would layoff outstanding employees to save their bonus and controlling so many aspects of my life. So, I immediately decided to sell my house, sold quickly, I took half the equity and bought an older, low miles, excellent condition, 40' diesel pusher motorhome. Now I own my own home, no property taxes, no utilities, no one can take it away. I can travel and live were ever needed for work, and work remotely. With solar panels and a 200 gallon water tank, I can go off grid when needed. Watching the state of this world right now, I feel this was the smartest thing I could do. Family thought I was nuts, I think they are for spending every penny plus some just to survive and you lose it all the first time you get sick or experience unemployment. Now I have a good chunk in the bank and can pay all my expenses on about 25% of my income. AND I don't miss that giant house at all!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Amity79
I think you must be a God send.

I have been looking at motor homes for about a month now.

I am really way out of my league here, because I know absolutely nothing about motor homes, except that someone told me that you can stay in a Walmart parking lot for 3 days without charge. Figured if I got stuck, I would just move to a different Walmart parking lot every 3 days.

I have been thinking about something like a Scamp.
www.scamptrailers.com...

I too am sick of the constant increase in taxes, and now they are talking about forcing us to go on city water. The absolutely insane thing about trying to refuse city hookup, is that you still have to pay for the hook-up even if you don't use it.

They government is beyond being out of control, it has become suffocating.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Hi Night Skye,

I am just now getting moved in to it ( I got a good deal on the motorhome but inside needed some cosmetic work. Purchased it in Oregon and the boyfriend and I drove it back home to Texas. I bought a 1991 Beaver Marquis, yes older, buy was a top of the line coach for its day, only 57k miles on a CAT diesel with Allison trans and paid $16k. Others on the market are 30K plus. Staying with family while we get it set up the way we want it. New wood laminate flooring, new sofa, treating all the solid wood cabinets. Just now finishing all that up.

We spent a week driving it back, in the cold without using the webasto heater. Even in 14 degrees, with a electric heater and heated blanket, we were fine!

We stayed in Walmart parking lots, truck stop, even in the parking lot of an airport diner. Some nights we had to run the generated and in 9-10hrs only burned about 3 gallons of diesel. We plan to put in solar panels soon so we can dry camp/boondock and plan to do that atleast 80% of the time. If you stay in an area for extended amount of time, you can keep your fuel cost to a minimum.

I recommend if you have the means to pay cash for whatever you get. Travel trailers can be had for very little, but you need a vehicle to pull it. I went with a motorhome because I have pets that I don't want to be separated from while driving.

The cost to dump the black and grey tanks at truck stops is about $5-10. My only expenses are insurance, fuel, food, phone. If I stay put a while the fuel cost is nothing but what I use in my jeep, which I tow behind the motorhome. For me, the boyfriend, 3cats, our expenses are less than 1,000 a month.

On me with any questions!!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Darn phone...PM me with any questions.

Also I have seen the scamps and they are tiny! I don't know if I could full-time in something that small but everyone is different. Try checking some out in person and spend a bit of time in them. Also consider the amount of water you can hold in tank if you plan to dry camp most of the time. You don't want get set up in a nice remote stop and have to go to town every other day to fill up again.

When you find the right one negotiate hard and be willing to walk away. It is a buyers market! Check out YouTube videos and website's on full-time rv living. I learned a lot in the planning stage.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

You should use this advisory before the video...

The following video has been rated PG-13 by the sensitive viewers association for language. Including some expletives and profanity. Parental guidance is strongly advised for children 13 and under and, especially children 20-30+ still living at home with mom and/or dad.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Who cares?

Why is NLBS always about stupid s*#t?

It's a conspiracy website and yet NLBS is never about important conspiracies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join