It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 03.08: The Zombie Apocalypse Happening Right Now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A real-life zombie apocalypse is happening on Long Island, right now. But it's not the "walking dead" that is the problem, it's the "standing dead," or "zombie houses." New laws put into place by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, designed to protect banks from liability for foreclosed and abandoned homes, are being used to raze unsightly homes, even if the owner is current on the mortgage and insurance. You heard that right. Watch the video for the details on this insane new power-grab by local municipalities.

Supporting links:

newyork.cbslocal.com...

data.newsday.com...

www.governor.ny.gov...

gothamist.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
well that is not very nice. no wonder so many new yorkers move down here to FL, their governors are always screwing them! go back new yorkers and take your state back. that way i dont have to hear you all constantly whine about how boring florida is and how badass new york is. wtf do ppl move here if they just complain??

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

And I thought some rules HOA have are crazy..
This one takes the bank.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Just another side effect of allowing lobbying with dollars.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It just goes to show who's really in charge of things in this country. It's not "we the people". Seriously, they should change the preamble to the Constitution to "We the Banks..." It'll be more truthful.

edit on 28-12-2015 by Skid Mark because: Grammar sucks today

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I think it's time for people to start selling their properties en masse. I imagine the property values will plummet.

Vote with your feet, it is the only response to tyranny that everyone can do peacefully.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Can you stop violating the T&C brotha!
So unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Can you stop violating the T&C brotha!

What are you referring to?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I think he was expecting the walking dead... lol

so was i tbh!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I've tried to put up a thread on it but it got shot down.
I like Joe and prolly have a worse potty mouth than anyone.
But am I wrong to think he should abstain?
Thanks for asking BTW. IDK maybe I'm being an ass?
edit on Ram122815v44201500000008 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Florida has the worse code enforcement departments on the planet.

The people that work in code enforcement in Florida are either cloned robots, or are demon spawn.

I have never seen such a huge number of heartless, evil people, in my entire life.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
I like Joe and prolly have a worse potty mouth than anyone.
But am I wrong to think he should abstain?

We have had a long standing policy of allowing non-gratuitous swearing in audio and video content created by members, starting back when we had integrated podcasting.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Then I thank you for the info and not another word will be written.

Great thread
SnF

edit on Ram122815v51201500000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As a matter of fact, I believe you explained it in another thread. You called it a member initiated action; meaning that you don't have to listen if you don't want to. By clicking the button, you know what you're in for and take responsibility for playing the video. Am I right? Also, I believe that's a good policy. If somebody posts a movie or song with colorful language, they shouldn't get in trouble for it. What's a member going to do, edit the movie or song to remove it?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

So how about this newest move straight out of draconia?

Apologies all the way round.

edit on Rpm122815v03201500000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was really hoping for zombies.
But hey, we all have a little zombie in us ........dont we.

edit on 28-12-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: I need to learn how to spell or proofread...........somebody help me.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Joe. You should do a radio show. Host one please LOL. I will be waiting........

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Alarmist title, I really don't like the form NLBS puts on their threads.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Damn! Those right-wing conservative zombies!

Stay away from them people! They bite!
edit on 28-12-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Relatively recently, my local borough council here in the UK, deployed a similar set of measures against a homeowner who had left a property vacant for six years. During that time, rot had set in, creating a gap through which rainwater entered the property, and bored over time, a hole which went from the roof, to the ground floor of the two floor house involved.

www.echo-news.co.uk...

The damp which accompanied the water ingress, caused nearby properties to suffer damp related damage, and the place was said to stink. When agents of the courts entered the property, they found a huge pile of garbage bags in the bath, holes in the floor and walls, and that a great deal of wiring and piping had been stolen from the place. Without wishing to beat about the bush, the place was in an absolutely crap state and had begun to pose a health and safety risk to other homeowners on the block. The garbage attracted vermin, the smell ruined their time at home, and the damp was costing neighbours money, and despite this, the owner of the property failed to address those concerns. Now, it has to be said that the owner was in a pretty poor state, financially speaking. I know what that is like, and it is no picnic. Unfortunately, the measures I outlined above were taken, by way of our council having the work done, before slapping the owner with the bill, a bill he could not pay, effectively bankrupting him.

Having at least been made safe by the Borough Council, the house was sold at auction, and raised £148,000 or thereabouts.

Now, I find this very difficult myself. On the one hand, the properties poor state meant that other properties on the block were suffering damage, and that the damage was never going to cease, or be fixed. On the other hand, the owner was already badly off, in hock to the council, and so having the house taken away from them must have been a blow, not to mention the enormous bill and subsequent bankruptcy. I do not like the fact that it has taken bankrupting a man to make something good happen with this property, because the idea of placing anyone who is already in dire straights, in even less of an advantageous position...frankly makes me somewhat sick of it all.

That being said, at least this was a) the first use of this law, and b) applied having exhausted all other possibilities. The owner had flatly refused to do anything about the poor state of their property, and although the reason may have been justified, six years is an awful long time to be a neighbour to a property of the sort he was presiding over. I do not think the council had too much choice available to them by the time this house got dealt with. Its not as if the fellow was off getting a heart operation, or nipping out to the shops for a pack of 20 JPS Black and a copy of The Daily Telegraph.
edit on 28-12-2015 by TrueBrit because: Added local news story link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join