It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist black professor lectures all white people on how racist they are.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There are two ways to stop a bully. Embarrass him in front of a crowd, or knock him on his ass. And 99% of the time, if you embarrass him in front of a crowd, having to knock him on his ass will be the result.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: TheBulk

The problem with that is the Gov't are the real bullies. People need to strategize and come together in order to think of a solution to eliminate the enemy within. When that happens, everything will change. Until then, nothing. I truly hope it does though, and soon. People are smarter than that, they know what's going on however, they need a leader to pave the way, something to believe in. Then revolution will begin and freedom will reign.

We tried getting away from a corrupt and bullyish government in 1860-61... All that proved is that the victors get to rewrite history the way they want to.

Today it is taught it was about slavery.

When in fact it was about states rights VS. the FED GOV.

Good spin tactics existed even back then.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: TechniXcality

The man is free to espouse any nonsense he wants, and you are free to refute them how you see fit. However, you are not free to assault or be violent towards him.

Could be worse... People could do it while he's not looking, and just because he's black. However, that doesn't fit the guidelines of the "knockout game." The victim has to be white. People like this professor never had anything negative to say about that though.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So this guy uses wide generalizations and people get upset, and rightfully so.

But then in true mental gymnastics turn around and then generalize all higher education and go on ranting about PC this and liberals that...
As if this one guys speaks for all of it...
Very ironic if you ask me, people pretty much doing exactly what this guy did.

Oh and lets not forget advocating violence on the guy for thinking differently.
edit on thMon, 28 Dec 2015 13:38:39 -0600America/Chicago1220153980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: Greven

I have a question for you.

Pretend you are a cop, and you want to catch criminals.

Who are you going to look for?

Will you play it dumb and hard and assume everyone is a criminal, or will you follow the clear statistics to find the criminals the easy way?

You mean statistics like these (pg. 4 of report):

Ferguson’s law enforcement practices overwhelmingly impact African Americans. Data collected by the Ferguson Police Department from 2012 to 2014 shows that African Americans account for 85% of vehicle stops, 90% of citations, and 93% of arrests made by FPD officers, despite comprising only 67% of Ferguson’s population.

African Americans are more than twice as likely as white drivers to be searched during vehicle stops even after controlling for non-race based variables such as the reason the vehicle stop was initiated, but are found in possession of contraband 26% less often than white drivers, suggesting officers are impermissibly considering race as a factor when determining whether to search.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Yes those work just fine.

It isnt because they are black.

It isnt racial.

It is simple statistics.

Blacks commit more crimes than whites.

Based on... what?

Even a conservative-leaning website will report over 40% of violent crimes being committed by whites and under 25% of the same crimes being committed by blacks.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You get physical if you need too, not because you got offended.

People need to get some thicker skin I guess.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: awareness10

The problem with that is the Gov't are the real bullies. People need to strategize and come together in order to think of a solution to eliminate the enemy within. When that happens, everything will change. Until then, nothing. I truly hope it does though, and soon. People are smarter than that, they know what's going on however, they need a leader to pave the way, something to believe in. Then revolution will begin and freedom will reign.

We tried getting away from a corrupt and bullyish government in 1860-61... All that proved is that the victors get to rewrite history the way they want to.

Today it is taught it was about slavery.

When in fact it was about states rights VS. the FED GOV.

Good spin tactics existed even back then.

Complete and utter nonsense. It was only about states rights in as far as the Southern States wanted to preserve and expand slavery.

And this is indisputably proved through the official, clear and articulate declarations of those states explaining why they were seceding from the union.

No offense but that is silly propaganda espoused by those looking to cast slave owners as victims.

You can engage in some objective research if you choose..

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I really don't care if my actions are beyond criticism. Have you ever heard of the knockout game where blacks punch unsuspecting whites just to see if they can knock them out? At least I'd be taking out a bully. I wouldn't mind if girls fought, a girl needs to be able to take care of herself if her man isn't there to protect her. I'd rather my girl carry a pistol for protection.

Anyways, punching this guy isn't what i would consider violent. It's more of a "STFU you racist moron" kinda deal for me. And if anyone feels that way towards me, I welcome them to approach me and punch me in the jaw or attempt to. I wouldn't do anything to anyone that I would hate to be done to me, so don't worry, I'm not discriminating or being a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I am white. I am male. I feel the white/male guilt every day of my life.

Oh wait... I'm also mostly Irish....

The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves

Does this mean I can be 'racist' to the privileged white Americans and British?

I ACCEPT! Feel the guilt, privileged Americans/British-Folk!

It never fails that somebody in a thread about race will pull this nonsense and every single one of those posts will either link this globalresearch.ca article directly or another article that cites it.

Simply put, it's largely bullsh#t. You're basing your belief on what amounts to a poorly written book report. Notice that the author states:

"The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies."

James II of England wasn't even born until 1633.

Here's another claim:

"England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America and Australia. There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food to eat."

Really? What was the name of this slave ship? The largest slave ship cargoes I've been able to verify from the period circa 1800 was 800-900. Setting aside the fact that this would have been a very noteworthy event and yet the ship is not even named (nor is a date or any detail given. BTW: here's a list of some noteworthy slave ships which lost MUCH smaller cargoes) and that the number is highly dubious, think about what that sentence is saying. A cargo of 1,302 slaves would have been worth an IMMENSE amount of money. The crew of a slave ship would have been a fraction of the size of the cargo. What sort of deficit in food stores would lead to slavers dumping their cargo in the ocean so that they could "have plenty to eat?" That doesn't even pass the smell test.

Irish historian Liam Hogan does a pretty good job of debunking the claims made in the books behind this popular slavery apologist myth, White Cargo and To Hell or Barbados and the whole body of revisionist nonsense that has sprung up among people such as yourself who unfortunately bought into this garbage.

‘Irish slaves’: the convenient myth
Debunking the imagery of the “Irish slaves” meme

Lastly, even if you swallowed all that garbage whole, the destinations of these supposed Irish slaves wasn't the US (or the former British colonies) so I'm never sure what point apologists such as yourself are trying to make? Anyway, I can't entirely blame you, if you Google the term "1,302 slaves" you'll see hundreds of sites and literally thousands of forum posts where these same half-truths and outright lies are repeated.

Sad.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Could be worse... People could do it while he's not looking, and just because he's black. However, that doesn't fit the guidelines of the "knockout game." The victim has to be white. People like this professor never had anything negative to say about that though.

Threatening, punching, or otherwise resorting to base emotions over what someone says is a sign of stupidity, not intelligence, not dignity, not honor. If one must fight to defend his hurt feelings, I would argue he is fairly weak for doing so.

link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Why do the people that cry oh my goawd the pc police is here, are the ones in heres crying about someone who might be racist.

Oh my gawd he wrote something that might be racist, double standard, poor us white people.

Thanks for the laughs.

No, dukeofjive, thank you for the laughs...

link   

I have a question for you.

Pretend you are a cop, and you want to catch criminals.

Who are you going to look for?

Will you play it dumb and hard and assume everyone is a criminal, or will you follow the clear statistics to find the criminals the easy way?

You mean statistics like these (pg. 4 of report):

Ferguson’s law enforcement practices overwhelmingly impact African Americans. Data collected by the Ferguson Police Department from 2012 to 2014 shows that African Americans account for 85% of vehicle stops, 90% of citations, and 93% of arrests made by FPD officers, despite comprising only 67% of Ferguson’s population.

African Americans are more than twice as likely as white drivers to be searched during vehicle stops even after controlling for non-race based variables such as the reason the vehicle stop was initiated, but are found in possession of contraband 26% less often than white drivers, suggesting officers are impermissibly considering race as a factor when determining whether to search.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Yes those work just fine.

It isnt because they are black.

It isnt racial.

It is simple statistics.

Blacks commit more crimes than whites.

Based on... what?

Even a conservative-leaning website will report over 40% of violent crimes being committed by whites and under 25% of the same crimes being committed by blacks.

That is statistical manipulation.

It isnt using them the right way.

It is using them as a metric of the whole of all crimes.

Instead of as a percentage of the black populace.

Because no matter how you spin it, when 13% of a population are responsible for 25% of the violent crimes, they are comiting more crimes more often then the majority white population.

You do understand that if 13% of a population commits 25% of the total populations crimes, then that one segment is causing a significantly greater amount of crimes per capita than the majority right?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Brother I think we may actually be assaulting this guy with our presence and he may need a "safe space" remember to be white is an affront to those who are "minority challenged".

Who is 'this guy' here?

You, Grieving...er, Greven, you... Do you always get upended over the tiny stuff?? You know full well it's you because you're so overly concerned about this professor and assault. Why would you even bother asking such a rhetorical question?
edit on 28-12-2015 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Threatening, punching, or otherwise resorting to base emotions over what someone says is a sign of stupidity, not intelligence, not dignity, not honor. If one must fight to defend his hurt feelings, I would argue he is fairly weak for doing so.

It is far from enlightened thought to assume that humans should be civilized at all times.

As evidenced by the fact it is absurd based on all data from all known species on this entire planet in its known history.

Civility is the illusion, it doesnt exist, nor should it in its absolute form.

Humans are violent, just like all other life on this planet.

To deny this obvious fact is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

I agree, and more so i was responding to a person based on my expectations on what they wanted to hear from another poster. However a good old fashion ass kicking seems appropriate when hate speech is espoused regularly from our institutions of higher learning, believe it or not I've seen such things solve problems quicker than hugging it out, and i am fully aware of the legal ramifications of violence.

It solves nothing. It goes against the principle of free speech.

I and many others will disagree 100% on that point.

I have seen 2 guys that never liked eachother, always had words, could never get along, get into a fist fight.

A couple of days later they were great friends, and have been now for years.

It solves a lot, a lot of the time.

That is VERY true. It's actually happened to me before. Twice.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

This I can agree with, but read what the professor said again and then what you said.

There is a difference.

He said you will be racist if you are born with white skin no matter what. In that, he is as racist as anyone who said that any person born with black skin was less than human no matter what.

You can be predisposed to want to hang like with like, but being aware of that helps you overcome the impulse. His whole point was that you can't even do that.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yancy needs to get out more. Argument invalidated:

"Help, I'm being oppressed!"
edit on 28-12-2015 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

It is far from enlightened thought to assume that humans should be civilized at all times.

As evidenced by the fact it is absurd based on all data from all known species on this entire planet in its known history.

Civility is the illusion, it doesnt exist, nor should it in its absolute form.

Humans are violent, just like all other life on this planet.

To deny this obvious fact is ridiculous.

It's absurd to expect the opposite. One only has to go outside his front door to see this. Try it, go outside and count the acts of civility on one hand, and the acts of violence on the other, then compare them.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What he seems to be saying is that white people are lesser than all other humans because we carry a defect known as "racism". He of course (in his own mind) has no such defects, because as a black man he is superior.

NO, you claim he thinks that he's superior because he's calling whites racist.

The reasons whites are accused of racism clogs the history books, I don't need him to tell me this

Now you're offended for being reminded and you want to put him down, don't you?

And like most people I'm sure you would have us ignore the fact that it wasn't the Caucasian men tracking through the jungles gathering slaves...it was however the custom of the Africans to make slaves of those captured from other tribes. It was their own damn people who created the slaves and sold them to the slave traders.

It doesn't take a genius to know slavery was is and forever will be wrong...but to ignore part of the history in order to justify demonizing a whole race is god damn nonsense.

ETA: I am also Irish and my original ancestors that first came to America were indentured servants...basically slaves...and they were forcefully sent to America. Yet I have never once told a Brit they were racisit for it...much less a whole country...
edit on 28-12-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He said you will be racist if you are born with white skin no matter what. In that, he is as racist as anyone who said that any person born with black skin was less than human no matter what.

This is also what folks mean by "institutional racism". In short, if there are white people around, one is oppressed by "institutional racism".

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join