It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Brown Signs Bill Allowing Ilegals to Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

originally posted by: ketsuko
And they know everyone is who and what they say they are how?

Like a Chinese restaurant menu...
Documents Required to Apply for a Driver License

To establish identity, you may provide: 1 document from Chart A, or 1 document from Chart B, or 2 documents from Chart C.

Chart A – 1 Document United States (U.S.) Issued Documents: Birth certificate (state issued). Valid or expired passport. Birth certificate or valid passport issued by a U.S territory. Certificate/Report of Birth Abroad (issued by the U.S. Department of State). Federal Proof of Indian Blood Degree (issued by U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs). Military Identification (ID) cards or DD-214 (accept the Common Access Card only if Active Military, Active Reserve, or Active Selected Reserve). U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Issued Documents: American Indian card. U.S. Citizen ID card. Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship. Northern Mariana card. Permanent Resident/Resident Alien card. Temporary Resident ID card. Nonresident Alien Canadian Border Crossing card. Valid foreign passport with valid Record of Arrival/Departure (Form I-94). Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card. Valid foreign passport stamped "Processed for I-551." Permanent Resident Re-entry Permit. Refugee Travel Document. Valid I-94 stamped "REFUGE"E, "PAROLE" or "PAROLEE", "ASYLEE", "HP", "PIP", Section(s) 207, 208, 209, or 212d(2). Valid I-94 with attached photo stamped "Temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence." Notice of Action (I-797 Approved Petition) indicating one (1) of the following: — Approved extension of stay/change in status granting temporary or permanent residency. — A card will be mailed to you by USCIS. Other Acceptable Documents: Canadian passport (valid or expired). Canadian birth certificate. Immigration judge's order granting asylum. Certified order/judgment issued from a court of competent jurisdiction, signed by the judge, stating the applicant's name, birth date, and place of birth or legal presence status. Certified order/judgment issued from a court of competent jurisdiction, signed by the judge, stating the applicant's name, birth date, and place of birth or legal presence status.

Chart B – 1 Document CA DL/ID card issued on or after October 1, 2000. Mexican Consular card (Matricula Consular) 2006 and 2014 versions. Mexican Federal Electoral (IFE) card (Instituto Federal Electoral; Credencial para Votar) 2013 version. Valid Mexican passport (Pasaporte de Mexico) issued in 2008 or later and includes a digital photo and digital signature. Valid foreign passport approved by DMV with a SSN that can be electronically verified. (See AB 60 – Document Options for a California Driver License (PDF).

Chart C – 2 Documents Argentinian ID card (Cedula Nacional de Identidad[DNI]) 2009 and 2012 versions. Brazilian Consular card (Carteira de Matricula Consular) 2010 version. Chilean ID card (Cedula de Identidad) 2013 version. Colombian Consular Card (Consular Registration) 2015 version. Ecuadorian National ID (Cedula de Ciudadania) 2006 and 2009 version. Ecuadorian Consular Card (Tarjeta De Identification Consular) 2015 version El Salvadorian ID (Documento Unico de Identidad) 2010 version. Guatemalan National ID (Documento Personal de Identificacion) 2012 vesion. Guatemalan Consular card (Tarjeta de Identificacion Consular) 2002 version. Peruvian ID (Documento Nacional de Identidad) 2005 version. Valid foreign passport approved by DMV.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

originally posted by: ketsuko
the people doing the registering are prohibited from asking those questions.

So why would California be any different, .....

When you go to the DMV, you ask for either a dl for legal status or illegal status. If legal status dl, you will be asked "to affirm" your eligibility to vote. (Green card holders are prohibited from voting for POTUS BTW.) If you ask for an illegal status dl, you will not be asked about voting elig info, BECAUSE NONCITIZENS CANNOT REGISTER TO VOTE IN CALIFORNIA.

I think the real question would be why are illegals allowed to obtain a drivers license? Why are they not deported for breaking the law? Coming into the US illegally is illegal rofl. Its a federal crime. I thought driving was a privilege not a right!?!?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Coming into the US illegally is illegal rofl. Its a federal crime.

Yes. Illegal entry is indeed a misdemeanor. However, unlawful presence is not a crime, it is a civil infraction. Like a traffic ticket.

One may be deported for unlawful presence. And deportation means due process. And many are deported each year. There is still backlog of 100's of thousands of cases though, so in the mean time, those people are still here.
trac.syr.edu...

edit on 12/28/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Coming into the US illegally is illegal rofl. Its a federal crime.

Yes. Illegal entry is indeed a misdemeanor. However, unlawful presence is not a crime, it is a civil infraction. Like a traffic ticket.

One may be deported for unlawful presence. And deportation means due process. And many are deported each year. There is still backlog of 100's of thousands of cases though, so in the mean time, those people are still here.
trac.syr.edu...

It becomes a felony if they have been deported before, but why give them the privilege to drive legally? Why make life easier for someone here illegally while many wait in line to come in legally. Its a slap in the face for people that want to follow the legal process. It sends the wrong message imo.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am really starting to wonder about the avid readers of Breitbart articles. It seems more often than not the people who post threads based on Breitbart articles never took the time to read them before posting. I think it is possible they only read the headlines then and maybe a paragraph or two before coming to a conclusion.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
I think the real question would be why are illegals allowed to obtain a drivers license?

Oh, maybe so they can drive to a job. Maybe if employers hiring illegal status workers went to jail, maybe if corporation suffered fines/sanctions that really hurt them, maybe then the hiring of illegal status workers would decrease. And we're not just talking about someone never having had proper documentation, we're also talking about someone overstaying a visa, for example.

I've seen for three decades now how American employers/corporations have not only outsourced work but also increased insourcing of employees of illegal status. Hiring illegal status workers keeps workers in the shadows, out of sight of worker safety violations, labor laws, and asking for good wages.

The focus on illegal employees has kept the attention off of illegal employer hiring.
edit on 28-12-2015 by desert because: fix my links

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It becomes a felony if they have been deported before, but why give them the privilege to drive legally?
It seems to me that it might be better for everyone that, if they are going to be driving, they are doing so after taking driver's exams and are insured.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I just filled out the voter registration online at DMV and saw this thread. Had to switch from Libertarian to REPUBLICAN because of our primary voter laws, which SUCK.

Anyways, you have to provide your license number for starters. The Illegal invaders have their own type...and the number separates them from the rest of us Citizens who belong here.

Two, you have to provide the last 4 digits of your social. I doubt an Illegal invader would risk his or herself with a FELONIOUS Federal fraud attempt, where they had to provide address and name, and risk being exposed even if they had a fraudulent SSN....just to VOTE.

I don't see ANY Illegal invader taking that risk, just to punch some holes on a card, that may or may not have any effect on an outcome.

Yes they can drive, yes we provide insurance benefits for them through our tax money here. But the odds of them committing Federal fraud just to VOTE is almost nil.

But if more Jerry Brown types rule our Republic of Mexifornia, it might be an allowance in the future, we'll see.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It becomes a felony if they have been deported before, but why give them the privilege to drive legally?
It seems to me that it might be better for everyone that, if they are going to be driving, they are doing so after taking driver's exams and are insured.

Many aren't insured. California has the largest hit and run ratio of any State. Many of them hit you, run, and flee back to Mexico or ditch their $1000 trucks/cars when they think they will be caught.

Happened to me 6 months ago. $1300 damage, by a girl that fled and was never heard from again.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Vpter fraud has always been found to be neglilgible numbers, as in almost Zero.

Seriously worthless studies on the incidence of voter fraud.

Pia Farrenkopf's story is a testament to why we will never have the truth about voter fraud: Link

No one can ever convince me that politicians don't cheat. They do.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
I think the real question would be why are illegals allowed to obtain a drivers license?

Oh, maybe so they can drive to a job. Maybe if employers hiring illegal status workers went to jail, maybe if corporation suffered fines/sanctions that really hurt them, maybe then the hiring of illegal status workers would decrease. And we're not just talking about someone never having had proper documentation, we're also talking about someone overstaying a visa, for example.

I've seen for three decades now how American employers/corporations have not only outsourced work but also increased insourcing of employees of illegal status. Hiring illegal status workers keeps workers in the shadows, out of sight of worker safety violations, labor laws, and asking for good wages.

The focus on illegal employees has kept the attention off of illegal employer hiring.

Here in California, employers cannot ASK if someone is illegal, or check. In fact they can be SUED by an Illegal if they do.

Ponder that for a second. Our State laws shield them so much, that even when they are suspected, they can't ask. And if they do, and it's discovered they are here Illegally, nothing gets done. ICE has been told to basically stay out of California, specifically Los Angeles. When they want to do large raids, they are fought...if it is under 10 people, to them it's worthless. You could tell them an entire construction crew is here illegally and they don't see it as 'priority'.

"Sanctuary" Laws and the laws of Jerry Brown protects them like they're special snowflakes. You can't touch an Illegal, even if you call the ICE tip line, they won't do jack.

edit on 28-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Employers MUST, by law, check for legal work documents (legal authorization to be in the United States), but, true, they MAY NOT directly ask someone if they are here illegally.

General info

Under federal law, it is illegal for any employer to engage with illegal immigrants in the following manner:
Hiring illegal immigrants
Recruiting illegal immigrants
Referring illegal immigrants for work and receiving a fee

This also includes hiring contractors who use illegal immigrants. There are criminal and civil penalties associated with this conduct.

It is also illegal for employers to not verify work authorization. Three days after an employee is hired, employers should correctly complete an I-9. Failing to do so will subject employers to criminal and civil punishment.

Illegal immigrants who seek employment often engage in identity theft in order to work in the United States. Employers are required to make a good faith effort to make sure that their employees are legally permitted to work in the country. Good faith efforts include checking social security numbers and making sure the numbers are valid.

source

I do remember the old immigration raids, which seemed to stop part way through Pres Reagan's term. After a huge Texas construction company came into California in the late 1980s to build homes, the job market in that trade changed. IMO big business got their way in the labor market, enjoyed a lack of "enforcement", and govt could never keep up with the exploding number of persons in the US with illegal status. I'm sure big business loves the idea of no interference.

Getting off topic now.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Why would they want to pay fair wages and change the entire labor market to the benefit of the workers?

Seems crazy too me.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes. That was one of the main reasons behind such measures. As of midway through the year, almost 400,000 obtained licenses. Police were in support, as being involved with an unlicensed/uninsured driver (and possibly without any identification) was one less thing they had to take care of in the course of a stop.

a reply to: dogstar23

originally posted by: dogstar23
You could have ended up with a better thread, titled, "Automatic DMV voter registration of citizens eligible to vote causes undue fear among some Breitbart readers."

Ain't that the truth! Breitbart...yellow journalism at its finest! I think that someone needs to write a book, None Dare Call It Journalism.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
www.breitbart.com...

On Saturday, California Governor Jerry Brown signed Assembly Bill 1461, the New Motor Voter Act, which will automatically register people to vote through the DMV, and could result in illegal aliens voting.

Hmm. Should someone's who's not a citizen of our country be allowed to vote?

I have no idea, but California has been going down the tubes the last few years.

Wow, that state has gone off the rails. How about we just grant them their independence and see how they do on their own? That way they can do all the wacky stuff they want without damaging the rest of the country.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Happened to me 6 months ago. $1300 damage, by a girl that fled and was never heard from again.

Would it have mattered if she was a citizen or not? Would the outcome have been different in either case? Uninsured is uninsured.

edit on 12/28/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

One word, traceability.

When your from here your traceable, not sure that it's a good thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

You mean the San Andas Fault that wiil break every east of it off into the Atlantic Ocean?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Phage

One word, traceability.

When your from here your traceable, not sure that it's a good thing.

Not so much. Or else there would not be a lot of outstanding arrest warrants floating around,.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The democratic party politicians endgame with immigration has always been votes and the change in demographics proves it was a winning strategy. Clinton is the face of the democratic party at the moment. You think she really cares about anyone but herself? If Juan in Laredo or Muhammad from Syria came anywhere near with no camera crew she'd burn her pants suit and have them black bagged. It's kind of hard to buy into the party of compassion BS, and how Trump is a monster when they themselves are in full lockstep behind a horrible human being who's done more real world damage then a million Trumps spouting off at the mouth ever could.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join