It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M3.5 - 7km NE of Edmond, Oklahoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

As if excess water, tornadoes , ice & snow aren't quite enough. Let's throw in an earthquake. ... wow. FragIL earth at its best...

.,.90 miles away and we felt it. Even the dogs went a little Kray.....

edit on 27-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've been through so many of these quakes now that I barely noticed this one... not until my mother called asking about it.

Curious though... you felt it 90 miles away?

It wasn't a very big quake, magnitude-wise. It's... a bit concerning that you felt it that far off.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

There are daily earthquakes Oklahoma. Some have attributed it to fracking.

2 hours ago a 3.5 aand 5 hours ago a 3.2. This happens every day, usually more per day.

edit on 28-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
I've been through so many of these quakes now that I barely noticed this one... not until my mother called asking about it.

It wasn't a very big quake, magnitude-wise. It's... a bit concerning that you felt it that far off.

You will feel it more if it is closer to the surface. That was 5 km underground, that is considered near the surface. The one previous to that today was 3 km underground.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Correct the less deeper, the more effect. My dogs have turned out to be great forecasters ...
they seem to sence them before they hit

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Greven

You will feel it more if it is closer to the surface. That was 5 km underground, that is considered near the surface. The one previous to that today was 3 km underground.

I'm well aware, but 90 miles away for that magnitude is rather unusual.

Incidentally, I was woken this morning by a magnitude 4.3 in Edmond, Oklahoma. There have been a bunch of aftershocks and, due to the close proximity (this appears to be one of the larger ones close to a whole lot of people), there was a substantial amount of damage; one chimney has been reported as shaking loose from the a house and falling.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
not unusual. we are in a geological sound box -like a guitar, violin or banjo. a little vibration goes a long way here. That is why when we do have a big one there is wide spread devastation and little ones can be felt several states away. Think new madrid.

The USGS has a shake map and a "did you feel it?" report app. when we get one you can look at that map and see seismic station reports and self reported shaking at several scales of resolution. you can see that the felt shaking and seismic verification can go all the way across multiple states away and at the same time can entirely skip counties and states along the way.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Another day, another early morning 4.2 in Edmond...

I don't really need another alarm clock, Earth.

top topics

join