It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks for the Applause!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Won't say more and keep our little secret in the dark, obfuscating every detail about it like the shill of the day...

(Yes, I imagined this crazy japanese speaker and a whole stadium full of crazy ATSliens)

But... but... but thank you! Nice to have this feature, you should do that more often. I always loved this place and most of it's people, kinda motivating to get something back from the staff though.

Working hard on sharing my friendly side here, and this is it?!? Me myself and I, smiling about some virtual applause in the internetz, from somebody who was - maybe/ obviously - just drunk like a whaler and on a Merry Chistmas trip?

Regardless of this delusional and literally delirious cause for that applause, it's creepy as well! Take me for example (yeah, you can keep it). I already had a great week selling some dada (which is rare) and now you made my ATS day, how in hell did you knew?!? Damn! I already had a hard time keeping up with a sharp and highly critical pace! Now I'll have to smoke the whole Christmas Tree, with candles!

Kinda suspicious, don't ya think? They wanna tame me with kindness, so that I stop being this frickin provocative! How dare you!

3 cheers!

To all y'all haters out there: yeah, I love to hate you too! See ya 'round! Actually, see more from me in the future! Thoughtcrimes obviously pay out.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I once received an applause for a post that was then removed for T&C violations a few minutes later.

I found it wildly amusing.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i think they should remove the 'do not reply to this message' message with applause's.
i'm sure the mod's dont mind a thank you.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I'm still Not Sure, if it was actually a sane idea to open a thread and share this moment with my fellow ATSliens, as well.

Thank you!

a reply to: watchitburn

Now I'm a tad jealous, thanks for that.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

We don't! I believe the applause feature is sent from the site itself, or another sender that we cannot actually view. However, it does say which mod sent you the applause in the text and you can copy their name into the form from there.

Lots of times I send a message saying why I gave the applause. Usually it's for a well thought out post, but I also do it if you make me chuckle.

edit on 12/27/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I once received an applause for a post that was then removed for T&C violations a few minutes later.

Are there stats related to getting an applause? I know I have had an applause before, just wanted to stare at it like a trophy.
edit on 27-12-2015 by BIGPoJo because: nevermind, its under basic stats...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

There used to be a spot by the online members listing that showed recent applause. I do must of my browsing on mobile now, so boot sure if it's still there or not. I also believe if you view your profile you can see how many you've received in there.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

The chamber of intimidating kindness with it's doors of misconception, lost ways and famous last words citing talking heads. Scary place... just don't browse immobile again, ever!

Keep rockin!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

Are there stats related to getting an applause? I know I have had an applause before, just wanted to stare at it like a trophy.

Applause has a small effect to your Karma Score. The formula is: It's ((stars * 15) + (flags + applause) * 10)) / posts. So a single "applause" counts the same as a single flag, which both count 2/3rds of a star. The "points" you get with applause are no longer used in any formula.

There is an applause score on the left side of your Profile which shows how many times they have been awarded to you. If you want an explanation of the rewards system, here it is, but the system is very messed up right now with lots of inaccurate statistics. ATS shows no signs of fixing it as it has been that way for some time.
edit on 12/27/2015 by schuyler because: to correct myself

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I gotcha beat. I received an applause and a post ban for the same comment.
;P

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

See the conspiracy unfolding? Told ya! They tamed your wild side, what a pity. You wrote some decent posts before.

Kidding, maybe.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
i think they should remove the 'do not reply to this message' message with applause's.

We don't mind at all. The thing is that the applause button generates an auto PM and replying to that goes no where. If you want to reply to the staffer you will have to send a separate PM.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

See the conspiracy unfolding? Told ya! They tamed your wild side, what a pity. You wrote some decent posts before.

Kidding, maybe.

Actually I converted to Christianity a while back and haven't received an applause since.

There's your conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Rikku

We don't mind at all. The thing is that the applause button generates an auto PM and replying to that goes no where. If you want to reply to the staffer you will have to send a separate PM.

I love to reply to applauses. I do it by clicking on the 'little green man' at the bottom of the Mods avatar and "send message" in the drop down menu.

They love it when you thank them for thanking you for making ATS a better place.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
They love it when you thank them for thanking you for making ATS a better place.

And we love to thank you for thanking us for thanking you!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

originally posted by: intrptr

And we love to thank you for thanking us for thanking you!

Why, thank you!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We should get cookies with our applause's too...not just when we rat someone out.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Sure you do. Who wouldn't like to see his work actually working out?

Creepy. Told ya. It even works on intrptr the sly devil.
Just look at all the colours and sounds he used in two postings!

Cheers to all y'all!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Well congratulations on your first applause,the first one is always so special!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Kidding, maybe.

Actually I converted to Christianity a while back and haven't received an applause since.

There's your conspiracy.

Damn, that oppression sounds tough.

edit on 28-12-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join