It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Goes After Trump Supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

LOL refinance your home to pay off student debt.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

You guess wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The thing is, the people voting for Trump have been programmed for "wealth worship". They somehow think that like winning the lottery, they too can someday be one of the few, the proud, the wealthy. They don't care if the rich keep getting richer -- because in these people's minds being rich is still something they can have too if they "roll up their sleeves and just double down!"

It's some kind of sick and twisted Stockholm Syndrome, wherein the victims somehow sympathize with their abusers. The propaganda coming from those controlling the media spin everything to keep people fighting each other and blaming those worse off than themselves. The wealthy like to make people feel as if they're in a higher tax bracket than they really are, and how lucky they are to have what they do -- and it's not their fault that the jobs are vanishing, and it's not their fault that wages have stagnated...no, no no... it's the "hordes of takers" that are tanking our economy, and if you just work harder, longer hours -- someday you too can have 10 sports cars and a private helicopter!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Here is the actual analysis of it incase anyone is interested what it, and not an article about it, says.

• Repeal most tax breaks for businesses.

Stood out slightly.

Read the conclusions. Large and unsustainable budget deficits without a severe reduction in government spending.

So lets play the what should we cut game. People like to often say that we have a spending problem rather than a revenue problem. The US spends less per capita than any other developed nation on earth. If we cut half of our defense budget and literally everything else (education, roads, health care, NASA, drug research, and so on) we could only cut the budget to 60% of current values. Given what Trumps budget would do to revenues, we would still be running a deficit in that case.

What we need to fix deficits is more revenue, which means more taxes. Republicans have been very effective in the past 25 years at cutting useless programs, we no longer have spending problems. It's 100% on revenue.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

That slip on twitter makes the Trump tax plan dump all honkey dory!

of course it does, bill kristols says so!

Lol's

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Class warfare on the left, or race war on the right.

Personally, I'd prefer a class war...as that includes people of all skin colors.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
The majority of the spending is going toward the military industrial complex. I guess most American citizens like yourself would rather see their money go into a war machine rather than programs that directly help you or your family.

The MIC is a welfare program, it generates 7.5% of jobs in the US making it the third largest sector behind low paying retail jobs and health care.

We need very little of it, but if we get rid of it we're going to have a lot of skilled labor out of work. Our jobs situation is so dire that we're basically just inventing things for people to do.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

No I'm tired of govt overeach, waste, abuse and erosion of the bill of right to support the "it'll make you safer and more equal" narrative. Only 150 Million Americans filed taxes last year, we have 350 Million people living here. That's the problem.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm still reading it, I'll come to my own conclusions after, not the one they recommend for me.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How about this?

Instead of promising that the government take over the role of my mommy and daddy in providing everything to me and then taxing away the proceeds of my hard work to pay for it when I am perfectly capable of spending those proceeds for myself ...

Why don't we ...

Tax everyone a steady, flat percentage and cut government spending across the board from every department until the two balance - expenditures and tax receipts?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If only someone were to propose such a thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders' policies are in direct CONTRADICTION with the Middle Class

He won't even approach the subject of Illegal Immigration and feels that it's 'inhumane' to deport. That right there should disqualify him since deportation is a LAW outlined in article 1 section 8. And don't give me the business about those that are 'criminals'. They are all criminals. If we only deported "Felons" that leaves over 95% of 'regular' Illegals out of his scope.

And Illegal Immigration is one of the TOP policies on Americans' minds.

Being that we roughly have an estimated 6%-8% population of Illegal Immigrants according to many private studies, what issues right now is SHRINKING the Middle Class more?

People can't get entry level or even SKILLED work because foreign nationals take them. College kids can't work because the industries which they are suited for are taken by many not supposed to be here. Services are crippled, schools are full, hospitals are overcrowded in many border states. And Bernie wants them to have MORE education and MORE health care.

How does he support the "Middle Class"? Under him things would only hemorrhage MORE. He hasn't given ONE policy that shows a direct growth of the Middle Class....in fact it seems like a policy geared toward BOTTOM UP economics.

How can he even be considered? A President that won't touch Illegal Immigration and thinks "Climate Change" is the biggest threat we face and a main cause of TERRORISM.

This guy would tank every industry ALIVE right now and sell the U.S. out to the U.N. and green policy TEN TIMES worse than Obama. There would be ZERO growth under Sanders outside of Cap & Trade and Big Wigs invested in Green Tech.

He would be horrible....wake up!
edit on 27-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Tax everyone a steady, flat percentage and cut government spending across the board from every department until the two balance - expenditures and tax receipts?

What would you like to cut? Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid can't be touched. How much do you want to cut defense? NASA barely gets by as it is, we don't even have a shuttle anymore. Education is suffering. Roads, bridges, and the power grid are in severe disrepair.

There's no more cutting left to be done to balance things, we cut to the bone and then into the bone. Any more cuts are just going to be amputating the limb.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

BS. Make ALL government spending public record and let any CPA that cares too audit everything. Bet we can find places to cut spending....alot.
edit on 27-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

15% of someone making $30,000 a year causes a much bigger impact in their ability to live versus 15% of someone making 30 million a year.

To the person making $30,000, that 15% might be down payment for a reliable vehicle to get to work. To the person making 30 million, it won't even be something they notice or miss.

Basic necessities in life cost the same for the wealthy as they do for the working class. A multi-millionaire doesn't pay more for a gallon of milk or a dozen eggs.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

BS. Make ALL government spending public record and let any CPA that cares too audit everything. Bet we can find places to cut spending....alot.

Like what? Make a plan, figure out where we're overspending. If you can find these things, take them to your politicians and get them fixed. Don't just ask for a solution expecting someone else to give you the answer, find it for yourself.

Just about every study run on government spending in the past 5-10 years has said the same thing. We're running at 95%+ efficiency, there just isn't a lot of overhead to cut out, and what is left won't make a significant dent in spending. We need to raise our budget. Maybe you've read some of my posts here in the past about purchasing power and how the real rate of inflation is well above that of the official rate. That applies to government spending just as much as it does to the individual. Our budget is far lower than it should be right now.
edit on 27-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

How many illegal immigrants are taking jobs away from petroleum engineers, chemical engineers, surgeons, doctors, lawyers and marine biologists?

If you're worried about illegal immigrants taking your job -- you might want to go back to school and re-think how valuable your job really is to your employer.

These "jobs" you're harping about are being shipped over seas. These are manufacturing jobs, call center jobs, consulting and advertising jobs. The jobs being taken by these infernal illegal immigrants are low-skill labor-type jobs.

As I hinted at...If an uneducated person from Mexico who can barley speak English can do you job...
edit on 27-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders literally stated that the biggest THREAT to America is "Climate Change"...based on that policy and belief alone, he would tank the economy straight out of the gate. A man like that would cripple a Million jobs just in the first year.

Couple that with Obamacare having it's FULL implementation in 2017...a Sanders Presidency would be catastrophic and he would be spending the next 3 years trying to fix the avalanche.

Not even the POPE or Obama are as extreme on Green Tech as Bernie. You can NOT grow an economy with that strict a stance. And Bernie is a true BELIEVER...a "Green Revolutionary" in his own mind.

The DOW JONES and S&P would drop heavily on the first day after the Election if he won, while the "Green Tech" companies, a relative minority, would boom overnight and do NOTHING for real change, or sustainability.

His alarmism on the matter is more fanatic than most heads of the Sierra Club, he's almost at full bore Cultist status.

And HE is supposed to bring back the Middle Class?? Holy crap that's rich.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Not when they get a 25,000 standard deduction it doesn't.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

How many illegal immigrants are taking jobs away from petroleum engineers, chemical engineers, surgeons, doctors, lawyers and marine biologists?

If you're worried about illegal immigrants taking your job -- you might want to go back to school and re-think how valuable your job really is to your employer.

1) I own a business, but thanks for your concern.
2) BORN AND RAISED in Los Angeles, 3rd generation...and know more about Illegal Immigration than you could EVER know. You've been taught that they just take "Low Skilled Jobs". Think again. Many of them worked in SKILLED labor. You've had too much Kool-Aid on the subject and don't know squat. Sorry guy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join