It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Goes After Trump Supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sanders is going to show Trump supporters why they'd be better off with him in office, having seen the anylisis of Trumps tax plan I would say Sanders is right! Out of our three leading politicians, two are running for president because the feel they deserve it, the third candidate is Bernie Sanders, who is running because he knows Hilary nor the republicans are in support of American people, the working class.

In a ‘Face the Nation’ interview

Senator Bernie Sanders is going after Donald Trump’s fan base.

When the Democratic presidential candidate appeared on CBS’s “Face the Nation” Sunday, he suggested that Trump’s supporters would be better off voting for him.

Sanders reiterated a point similar to one Obama stated last week when he accused the GOP frontrunner of exploiting working-class fears. As Sanders told “Face the Nation” host John Dickerson, “Many of Trump’s supporters are working-class people and they’re angry.” They work long hours and earn much less than their wealthy counterparts, he said, and many of their jobs are being shipped overseas to cheaper manufacturing countries.

We need policies that bring us together,” Sanders told Dickerson. Policies “that take on the greed of Wall Street, the greed of corporate America, and create a middle class that works for all of us rather than an economy that works just for a few.”

source

Now for a little more details on the Trumpsters tax plan:

Analysis of Donald Trump Tax Plan Sees a Boon for Wealthy and Trillions in Debt

Donald J. Trump’s tax plan would benefit the wealthiest Americans the most while saddling the economy with trillions of dollars in new debt, according to an analysis released on Tuesday by the Tax Policy Center.

The proposal would cut the top tax rate to 25 percent from 39.6 percent, and bring down the corporate tax rate to 15 percent from 35 percent. It would also end federal income taxes on individuals making less than $25,000 and married couples who file their taxes jointly earning less than $50,000.

Despite the populist tone of his campaign, Mr. Trump’s plan appears to open new loopholes that would allow the well-off to shave their tax bills and could debilitate the economy as lawmakers look for requisite spending cuts. According to analysts at the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, the cuts would mean nearly $25 trillion in lost government revenue over the next 20 years, and swell the ratio of debt to gross domestic product from about 74 percent to 180 percent.

sour ce

But then we all know the rich need more free sh]i[t,

because they always go to bed hungry,

hungry for more money that is!

edit on 27-12-2015 by AlaskanDad because: code tweak

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

It's common sense, if you cut taxes on the people paying the most, they're going to have to raise taxes on those in the middle. Tax rates on the poor are irrelevant because they don't have any wealth. Those in the middle have just enough though that reasonable amounts of revenue can be raised. If you drop the rates on the wealthy to 25%, then pretty much everyone from the 30th percentile and up is going to be paying 25%. Additionally, federal programs will be offloaded to the states to make up the difference, and the states will follow suit.

Trumps plan will increase the taxes of the middle 60% of Americans all while giving discounts to the rest.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe Bernie Sanders should go after Clinton supporters first, unless he's already working for them and doesn't expect to get the nomination anyway.

Focus, Bernie; focus!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
He's wasting his time IMHO.

2nd...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Bernie has pulled in a lot of non Clinton voters, plus many Dems that would just tick Hilary's box for name recognition, are starting to question whether she can be trusted!

It is all good, in the end we will have a president Sanders!

edit on 27-12-2015 by AlaskanDad because: oops lots of typo's

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

GO BERNIE!!

Trump wants a seat at the top table. It's business. He knows damn well that assholes like him don't get to be POTUS.

He knows even more that assholes like him get to suck on the titties of power and influence.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
First and foremost I fear our corrupt government. If you don't you're either asleep, stupid or corrupt yourself.

Why should I support Sanders? What does his tax plan look like? I've heard Sanders is for more government, more welfare programs and more spending. I've seen enough government spending in the last 7 years to last me the rest of my life.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This article at Forbes adds more light to the troubles with the Donald’s plan, ouch!

Trump Would Slash Taxes For Top 0.1% By $1.3 Million, Add $9.5 Trillion To Debt

Donald Trump’s tax plan would add $9.5 trillion to the national debt from 2016 to 2026 and another $15 trillion in the following decade (before added interest), according to a new analysis by the Tax Policy Center. Nearly all households would get a tax cut under the plan, averaging about $5,100 in 2017. However, the benefits would be overwhelmingly skewed to the highest-income taxpayers, with those in the top 0.1 percent (who make $3.7 million or more) getting an average tax cut of more than $1.3 million.

Trump has said he’d pay higher taxes under this plan. Because the GOP presidential hopeful has not released his income tax returns, we don’t know how the proposal would affect him personally. However, it would boost after-tax incomes for those in his income class by nearly 20 percent.

In 2017, it would add $545 billion to the deficit and more than double the projected annual budget shortfall. Over the next decade, his tax plan would add more than $9.5 trillion to the national debt, excluding added interest costs. In 2025 alone, it would increase the annual deficit by $1.1 trillion. To prevent his plan from adding to the deficit that year, Congress would need to cut all projected non-interest spending by one-fifth.

sourc e

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I don't support Bernie's class warfare.

I support cutting taxes for all of our citizens and then cutting expenses accordingly. The Feds need to tighten their budget. We obviously give them too much money already because they end up wasting it on needless wars and military campaigns. If we eliminated our wars we could actually set the tax rate for all Americans to ZERO.

Ponder that, sir!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We're living with class warfare at the present,

and it is really working out really swell.

for the 1%, the war hawks, wall street and big banks!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Why would we trust another democrat in office then?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We obviously give them too much money already because they end up wasting it on needless wars and military campaigns. If we eliminated our wars we could actually set the tax rate for all Americans to ZERO.

Good point and i totally agree but do you think Trump would agree; with his obvious hatred of Muslims. imo Trump will be a great war time president. Not as good as Jeb however. The US is in the war business. Corporations supporting the troops and being paid with tax dollars. Follow the money as always.

The war drums have started already....what country do you think we will bring democracy to next?
edit on 27-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
it does nat matter either way. Each candidate will have their own tax plan. We have to study each one as private citizens, and develop a contingency on how to EXPLOIT those programs in our favor. Sorry everyone else, but me and my own first and foremost. If I pay a little less, than that is more for me to save or invest for my families future.

Everyone needs to get their own in house budget under control first, because we know regardless of who the next President is, we already know they are going to finish us off. I only recommend GOP because they are less interested in destroying the second amendment, and actually have the nuts and realism to shape our foreign policy in our favor first, and then worry about the rest of the world.

Dems want to give away everything America works for to people who not only dont appreciate it, but hate us and dont lift a finger to earn it. Why?? because they want everyone to feel good about helping other at our own expense, which is BS also.

Firebomb the Taliban into oblivion, let Russia have Syria and NATO can divert ALL of its resources securing Afghanistan and its mineral wealth for the Western Empire's benefit. Without being a hypocrite about 'gun violence must end' while supplying arms to most brutal barbarians of the 21st century thus far.

as far as financial, its pretty much a given for anyone that actually researches patterns and events in the financial world that the US economy is going to begin taking a dump on the citizens next year. Any tax plan proposals by either party will benefit those who will know how to exploit it in their favor.

That can be any one of us here as well, or even all of us. We have entered survival of the fitest i the financial world and it seems poised to stay that way if we want to keep our second amendment. Frankly I would rather sacrifice the economy anyways in favor of keeping the 2nd. That is pretty much what we have come down too.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Surveyor7
Why should I support Sanders? What does his tax plan look like? I've heard Sanders is for more government, more welfare programs and more spending. I've seen enough government spending in the last 7 years to last me the rest of my life.

I don't remember all of the details but this summarizes it.

He wants to socialize several programs such as health care in order to take advantage of an economy of scale and better negotiating power to reduce costs. Under Sanders you'll still be paying a tax for health care but it will be less than now as he wants single payer. He wants to do the same with some other programs.

He wants to remove the capital gains loophole so that the wealthy don't pay a rate of 15% but rather pay the rate they're supposed to be paying.

He wants to slightly reduce the top rate.

He wants to start regulating Wall Street, shutting down HFT's and some derivatives by introducing a small transaction tax (I think it's .001%). Besides making Wall Street more about longer term trades, the type the average person is involved with it will raise about $1 trillion in revenue over 10 years which lets it fund a few of his programs.

Due to the more effective spending, and the increased revenue this also results in decreased taxed for those in the middle and on the bottom.
edit on 27-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't support Bernie's class warfare.

I support cutting taxes for all of our citizens and then cutting expenses accordingly. The Feds need to tighten their budget. We obviously give them too much money already because they end up wasting it on needless wars and military campaigns. If we eliminated our wars we could actually set the tax rate for all Americans to ZERO.

Ponder that, sir!

Do you support the top wealthy paying an on paper rate of 15% and an effective rate of 12%, or do you think theirs should go up so that they actually pay a rate that's at the very minimum equal to what the person making 50k/year is making?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I see you vote for wars and austerity,

ya The American War Machine!

I don't think that is really the answer we need!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here is the actual analysis of it incase anyone is interested what it, and not an article about it, says.

• Repeal most tax breaks for businesses.

Stood out slightly.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Shouldn't that be, why should we trust any politician???

Especially the corporate owned variety; aren't you tired of being trickled on yet???

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Sanders is going to show Trump supporters why they'd be better off with him in office, having seen the anylisis of Trumps tax plan I would say Sanders is right! Out of our three leading politicians, two are running for president because the feel they deserve it, the third candidate is Bernie Sanders, who is running because he knows Hilary nor the republicans are in support of American people, the working class.

In a ‘Face the Nation’ interview

Senator Bernie Sanders is going after Donald Trump’s fan base.

When the Democratic presidential candidate appeared on CBS’s “Face the Nation” Sunday, he suggested that Trump’s supporters would be better off voting for him.

Sanders reiterated a point similar to one Obama stated last week when he accused the GOP frontrunner of exploiting working-class fears. As Sanders told “Face the Nation” host John Dickerson, “Many of Trump’s supporters are working-class people and they’re angry.” They work long hours and earn much less than their wealthy counterparts, he said, and many of their jobs are being shipped overseas to cheaper manufacturing countries.

We need policies that bring us together,” Sanders told Dickerson. Policies “that take on the greed of Wall Street, the greed of corporate America, and create a middle class that works for all of us rather than an economy that works just for a few.”

source

Now for a little more details on the Trumpsters tax plan:

Analysis of Donald Trump Tax Plan Sees a Boon for Wealthy and Trillions in Debt

Donald J. Trump’s tax plan would benefit the wealthiest Americans the most while saddling the economy with trillions of dollars in new debt, according to an analysis released on Tuesday by the Tax Policy Center.

The proposal would cut the top tax rate to 25 percent from 39.6 percent, and bring down the corporate tax rate to 15 percent from 35 percent. It would also end federal income taxes on individuals making less than $25,000 and married couples who file their taxes jointly earning less than $50,000.

Despite the populist tone of his campaign, Mr. Trump’s plan appears to open new loopholes that would allow the well-off to shave their tax bills and could debilitate the economy as lawmakers look for requisite spending cuts. According to analysts at the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, the cuts would mean nearly $25 trillion in lost government revenue over the next 20 years, and swell the ratio of debt to gross domestic product from about 74 percent to 180 percent.

sour ce

But then we all know the rich need more free sh]i[t,

because they always go to bed hungry,

hungry for more money that is!

Meanwhile, link.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Surveyor7

The majority of the spending is going toward the military industrial complex. I guess most American citizens like yourself would rather see their money go into a war machine rather than programs that directly help you or your family. Bernie is the only candidate that's addressing the issues that effect your pocket book and issues like super PACS which is removing control from the people and placing it in the hands of the few rich elite. It's not everyday a politician like Bernie comes along and wants to focus on the peoples needs instead of the current political flavor of the month.

Your government is supposed to be spending your tax dollars to benefit it's citizens, not to invade other countries and have a military budget 6 times higher than China which has the second highest military spending program in the world. We spend more money overseas than we do at home. Bernie has given details about his plans and has explained how his programs will not only save taxpayers money, but will also put an end to corporations taking advantage of government contracts and programs. He at least understands the importance of education and how it directly affects the economy of a country. Without an educated populace the strength of a country declines.

Americans are simply shooting themselves in the foot. If America wants to send their kids into a Middle East hell hole, vote for Trump. He's made it clear he's gung ho for sending our troops there when it's not our fight in the first place! Oh that's right, he has a daughter so starting a war doesn't affect him on a personal basis. It gets me sick to see politicians like Trump who had four student deferments and a medical deferment help him escape from being drafted into the Vietnam War. Yet these same politicians are the ones who are ready to "bomb the hell out of them" and send our troops into harms way.

How anyone can support what comes out of Trumps mouth is beyond me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join