It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go the F*** to Sleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon
That's so funny.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It is a kids' book but it's marketed/meant more as a gift to the parents at showers and that sort of thing.

That said, we have had a string of three or four days where we've been having those "go the "f" to sleep" moments with our kiddo these past days. I guess he inherited the weather sensitivity from his mom.

That said, it has a companion book now:

I'll be ordering these both, as I'm certain they'll provide plenty of laughs for me and my wife. Our boy (3.5 yrs) falls asleep on average at 1am. Also, not a fan of food. Our younger daughter is the opposite (thankfully.) We don't sweat it, as it wouldn't do any good, and would just stress us all out, but the subject matter of both are certainly tailor made for laughs around our house.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It is funny as hell for those of us that thought it a many of night, but would have our tongues fall out before ever actually uttering those words to our children.

It is pathetic and scary for those children that have parents that would actually say those words to them.

I was lucky. I had one child that went to bed, and straight to sleep, every night at the scheduled 8:00 pm bedtime. My youngest, much like me, was a night owl. She went to bed at 8:00 pm because she didn't have any other option, but she rarely fell asleep before 02:00 am. She is an adult now, and is still a night owl. Of course, she works at a night job.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I actually did have parents like that; not like I'd be like that with my kids if I had any. As for the title of the book, I say that to myself most nights.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
I am acquainted with a few folk that ever other word, is peppered with spicy, and oft considered, offensive language. Most of the time they are not attempting to offend, it is just what has become common behavior for their crowd.

I don't get offended, nor does it bother me when people speak in what is considered patois or slang. I do request however, that they don't use the language around children, if a child is present; even if it is an environment where the child is familiar with the practice.

It is not what is said, as much as how it is said, that I will likely take exception with.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
That's me. My language is often colorful but I do tend to tone it down here at ATS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join