It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo hosting sites.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I used Flickr and Picasa in the past and have only recently went back to online sites BUT they suck.

I have never in all my years using an on,ibe photo hosting site has such issues loading photos! I've been trying for two damn days to upload a couple hundred pics to Flickr. It's only loaded a fraction! I tried googles photo page and it sucks as well.

What the hell happened to these sites? They use to be so simple and easy. Now it wants you to connect everything and I don't care to! I am only trying to load pics so my sons deadbeat father can see pics of his son since he never calls! U. Beyond frustrated and annoyed.

I have iCloud but I don't know to use it and I don't want all my pics on some server site. I want the ones I select! Why is this so hard? I uploaded 4000 pics five years ago to picasa and Flickr from Italy and it took 30 mins!

Anyone know a GOOD site that doesn't require me to download a dump app or share everything?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Try "photobucket"

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I think nothing is wrong with any of those sites. Its on your end...it sounds as though it's a size issue: looking normal to you, but in reality, file size is huge.

Example: people taking photos with a quick snap off their phones without setting any dimensions etc, just clicking away...when in reality...these are like 3000 something x 2000 something...

I edit a newsletter and I get these photo submissions all the time: folks just click and send...so being huge...they pixelate bad or half load.

The sites are fine...it's those photos...if others load fine on those sites....it's those photos....

Good luck

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I think nothing is wrong with any of those sites. Its on your end...it sounds as though it's a size issue: looking normal to you, but in reality, file size is huge.

Example: people taking photos with a quick snap off their phones without setting any dimensions etc, just clicking away...when in reality...these are like 3000 something x 2000 something...

I edit a newsletter and I get these photo submissions all the time: folks just click and send...so being huge...they pixelate bad or half load.

The sites are fine...it's those photos...if others load fine on those sites....it's those photos....

Good luck

I have never had a problem before. I do have a new phone, iPhone 6s. Could that be it? I've always used iPhones and never had an issue til now. I absolutely hate the camera on this phone to be honest. It is far too complicated for me with the damn "live" shot which imo is completely pointless!

Can I change the size of all photos in one setting or will i have to change them individually? If that is the case I give up lol

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Another choice is to find a site which offers ftp upload and use an ftp application to upload them. They will go much faster that way.

Alternatively you could use Dropbox and send him a link to the image folder. If you use their app, the uploading goes pretty quickly. Their app is straightforward and doesn't have any junk attached to it.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
Another choice is to find a site which offers ftp upload and use an ftp application to upload them. They will go much faster that way.

Alternatively you could use Dropbox and send him a link to the image folder. If you use their app, the uploading goes pretty quickly. Their app is straightforward and doesn't have any junk attached to it.

What is a ftp upload application??

Also what is dropbox? Is it a photo site? I just want to be able to send him a link he can check weekly to see pics. I am tired of emailing pic by pic. It's pain.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've been using Google Photos for a few months. Backs up all my photos from my phone. I have an android device, so I'm not sure if it'll work with an iOS device though.

For storage from the real camera I have a 2TB network drive that I back everything up to. I keep my pictures (and other important documents) there and on the computer for redundancy.

ETA: For hosting for others to see you can do it with a network drive. The one I have, built by Buffalo, allows remote access. I use that when we're on the road and I want to back stuff up or access files I don't have on the computer.
edit on 12/27/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Thats it I bet. New phone. Can can most likely shrink the sizes, then try. But, Ive bad experiences with the submissions from others I mentioned. Set your camera to around 60 x 400-something going forward.

But they may be lost....at least those couple. Good luck though...and have patience...you can learn to adjust easily enough!

PS I caught what you said only PARTIALLY loads a photo...that was my clue to it being too huge in size, pixels and time to load-download and upload. MS

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Another option you could perhaps consider is just getting a cheap flash drive and putting your pics on that and mailing it to him. You can get one for just a couple dollars.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Photo sizes are much larger now than they used to be. Your photos may be a MB or less off your phone, but 4000 of them add up, FAST. Consider than a MB turns into a GB at 1028 MB. So your 4000 photos are at least 4 gigs worth of data. Depending on your uploading speed (which can be anywhere from just a few MBs to 100+ MB of speed depending on the up/down speed package you pay for)

The settings on my camera are set for pretty high quality. Most of my raw pictures are between 10 and 15 MB each, before cropping down. When I upload to my Photobucket account, I generally resize them (NOT the same thing as cropping) down to a MB or less if I can to save on the storage space used up. This also makes uploading much faster and much less glitchy because it's a significant amount less of data being transmitted.

I know you want to justget things done fast, but you should really consider learning how to resize your photos to accomplish that. It doesn't take much time in photo editing software (I use Photoscape for crops & resizes) and the time saved from going from gargantuan to manageable file size is still much less than drumming your fingers waiting for the full-sized one to upload even with a minor edit factored in.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I have used photobucket for some time, all free, and never had an issue. Ther are space limits, I believe, but they do weem to work pretty well.

top topics

join