It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What crashed in Wisconsin last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Last night something came down in the Wisconsin woods. Witnesses reported seeing a glowing, red and green ball that was streaming a fiery tale. Shortly afterwards the woods were seen to glow with fire.

Though this object has already been dismissed as a meteor by the FAA, something about this reminds me of the Kecksburg incident. Anyways, here's the article (the meteorite has yet to be found):
www.wbay.com...

(the following is an edit/update with extra links that weren't in my original post)
www.wausaudailyherald.com...
www.waow.com...
www.gazetteextra.com...
www.jsonline.com...
www.wsaw.com...

[edit on 6-1-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Weird, I didnt even see this on the news last night. But our newscast was all about the damn 8 inches of snow we where gonna get.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by s8nlovesme
Weird, I didnt even see this on the news last night. But our newscast was all about the damn 8 inches of snow we where gonna get.

This makes me ask: How long can even a small part of a forest burn if it is under several inches of snow and even more moisture is in the process of coming down from the sky?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
dont listen to the news go out there and check it out your self, do whatever it takes get it done man, you must investigate!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i wish crap like that happened around here so i could take out my digital camera and take some pics...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
onlyinmydreams, Thanks for that update.. We have some that dismissed this both ways... If there was a meteorite, Its easy to explain, news that is not forthcoming becomes the reason for a cover up. There have been other reports of such events due to a expected Meteorite showers a couple of weeks ago. But on the other hand, I will be interested on what the Media will report days after... There may not be a big effort to find out.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here's another article:

www.wluk.com...

Note how it mentioned that there were weird sounds and what reads as flashes of light that lit up the sky (pulse jet?). It also states that when searchers arrived at the estimated site of the landfall that they couldn't find any fires (or evidence of fire?).

Is there anyone up in wisconsin who lives near this town?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If i lived near it i would go over there with a video camera before the military came and all that just incase it like OIMD said another
kecksburg incident, any one who lives around there has there been any military vehicles around??

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
If i lived near it i would go over there with a video camera before the military came and all that just incase it like OIMD said another
kecksburg incident, any one who lives around there has there been any military vehicles around??

I'm not so sure that it crashed, now (if it was a UFO and not a meteor). There would have been signs of a gouge in the ground and fire when the search party arrived if it had actually been a UFO that struck (even if the gov 'sanitized' the area, they would need more than a few hours to get the woods back to normal). The second article makes it clear that, supposedly, no sign of what was 'burning' could be found. Again, assuming for a minute that it was a UFO, the fiery lights that people saw could have been a UFO simply hovering among the treetops as it conducted its business.

It also may be that the search party wasn't telling the truth (that is, I assume the local sheriff would be told by the gov to shut his mouth if his guys found a crashed UFO). Either way, someone should get out there ASAP and both look for traces on the ground AND talk to eyewitness.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Here are several news sources that meteor (or UFO) hunters could use as a resource. The newspaper articles are more indepth than the TV ones. Note how the policeman describes it as 'fading out' as it moved while one of the witnesses felt like a powerfull searchlight was being beamed down on him (see the CBS affiliates link):

www.wausaudailyherald.com...
www.waow.com...
www.gazetteextra.com...
www.jsonline.com...
www.wsaw.com...

join