It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vienna steps up security as Europe on high terror alert for Christmas-New Year attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

AUSTRIAN police have beefed up security in Vienna and other cities after receiving a warning of possible attacks across the European continent during the holiday season.
“In the lead-up to Christmas, a friendly intelligence service sent a warning to numerous European capitals saying potential bomb or gun attacks could take place in areas with large crowds between Christmas and New Year,” Vienna police said in a statement.
The warning included “several names of potential attackers” but investigations have so far yielded no concrete results, the statement said.
In response to the alert, police officials said they would increase security at public events and places where crowds are expected to gather, including transport interchanges, and tigh

Vienna steps up security as Europe on high terror alert for Christmas-New Year attack

Well well well, further to my recent posts it seems plans are afoot to make some trouble over the new year holidays.

Just days ago, police in Beijing, China, stepped up patrols to thwart any terror attacks as foreign embassies issued security warnings for Westerners.

Security forces in Indonesia are also on high alert nationwide, including in tourist hotspot Bali which has received a deployment of 10,000 personnel until January 2.
In Germany, a spokesman for the Interior Ministry told Reuters it did not comment on particular situations for operational reasons.
“Germany is still in the crosshairs of Jihadist terrorism,” he said, adding the country had reviewed and adapted its security measures, where necessary, following the Paris attacks.

Looks like it's going to be a fun new year.

I'm getting a little tired of the inaction and all the reaction our collective forces are coordinating. Why are we not taking stronger actions on these idiots? I know the answer to that but just getting a little frustrated.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You cant fight fear, you can keep on throwing money at it, but you cant beat it, western countries will go bankrupt in the near future, all the "bad guys" need to do is say boo, billions down the drain.

(post by TechniXcality removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Well, lets face reality. There's like 99% chance that this is simply someone saying "boo"!

Not some Islamic psychopath either, but rather the western PTB who just want us to stay in a state of constant fear over Christmas.

Regardless, with the ridiculous amount of tax dollars they waste every year on so called "counter-terrorism", its only them who's going to look really stupid if something actually does happen.

(post by TechniXcality removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Nobody got scared by this propaganda here in Vienna. No extra police force on the street, it was calm and quiet as usual on the 24th of December.

“In the lead-up to Christmas, a friendly intelligence service sent a warning to numerous European capitals saying potential bomb or gun attacks could take place in areas with large crowds between Christmas and New Year,”

You don't need a "friendly intelligence service" to provide this kind of information - this is fear mongering, nothing else. And as usual, you guys keep falling for it

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Holy #, man calm down lol, the war on terror cannot be won just like the war on drugs, prohibition or whatever.

I really dont get what your talking about, did you call me a girly man, thats awesome lol

edit on Sun Dec 27 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Again just wow man, take a chill pill, effeminate lol, thats funny as hell.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Post 911 terror alert playbook. Page after page after page.

Remember Europe where its all leading, back to the future.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
*snip*

What? are you on something?
edit on 12/27/2015 by maria_stardust because: Removed offensive quote

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

" Why are we not taking stronger actions on these idiots? I know the answer to that but just getting a little frustrated. "

You know, I've wondered about that. It seems really strange to me. Another thing that seems strange to me is the paucity of statements by government types in the wake of San Bernadino. Maybe I just missed them but years ago, there would have been talk from Homeland Security about raised terror alerts and going from green to orange or whatever. But from what I saw, they made rather perfunctory statements and went away.

Why aren't they taking any stronger actions? Well, maybe they are but we don't know about it. If they aren't, then one explanation might be that they don't care anymore about random terrorist attacks. Maybe they have come to view US Civilian casualties as nothing more than collateral damage that doesn't matter because there's always new people coming into the US. And maybe they don't care anymore because there's no threat of political fall out. They own the Media so any criticism or complaint about Government inaction won't see the light of day.

Its all very odd.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski
Nobody got scared by this propaganda here in Vienna. No extra police force on the street, it was calm and quiet as usual on the 24th of December.

“In the lead-up to Christmas, a friendly intelligence service sent a warning to numerous European capitals saying potential bomb or gun attacks could take place in areas with large crowds between Christmas and New Year,”

You don't need a "friendly intelligence service" to provide this kind of information - this is fear mongering, nothing else. And as usual, you guys keep falling for it

Exactly. I've been wondering why the news agency/agencies chose to even mention Vienna, specifically, when it was just one among the many possible targets in Europe - plus it's not even clear that the threat was real.
There HAS been a visible increase in police surveillance in certain parts of the city, like the 20th district (it figures), but that was after the November 13th attacks in Paris.
Also, for those who are not familiar with Vienna, the police are always strategically located around town, but quite inconspicuous. There is never an atmosphere of fear.
(I am not implying anyone suggested there was; just saying.)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Seems a bit late for a CHRISTMAS attack, and i bet something will explode at new years eve, at least some firecrackers...

Whooo.... i am so afraid, dear official fearmongerers...
Can´t even leave my house anymore and have to smoke a lot of pot, to not become bored while being "scared"...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

As stated by some here already this IMO too, has the smell of typical fear mongering...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's entirely possible for sure. But then again, I'm not sure what to believe anymore

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

" Why are we not taking stronger actions on these idiots? I know the answer to that but just getting a little frustrated. "

You know, I've wondered about that. It seems really strange to me. Another thing that seems strange to me is the paucity of statements by government types in the wake of San Bernadino. Maybe I just missed them but years ago, there would have been talk from Homeland Security about raised terror alerts and going from green to orange or whatever. But from what I saw, they made rather perfunctory statements and went away.

Honestly I think that might be the new approach they are taking though, and it's probably a much better one.

Announcing the terror alert level has been raised is just what the nutjobs want. I think the "powers that be" or whatever are actually doing a decent job more recently and taking out the trash while keeping it more quiet than usual.

There's probably a lot of things we never hear about, just like all the cold war false alarms and the numerous guys who averted global nuclear war.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

All considered, I will be surprised if there isn't some big attack over the holiday season. Perhaps around New Years, since more people are out then, and Christmas tends to be a "stay home" sort of day for a lot of folks. Being proactive is great, but when we have Islamic leaders encouraging "lone wolf" types of attacks, it's hard to know what to do.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

That's what I'd like to think.

But............who's to really know?

top topics

join