It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Duck is dead!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Well, my dog Pina's favorite Christmas gift is officially dead. She loved this duck!! After ripping the wrapping paper off Christmas morning, the last quack happened at approximately zero hours, 47 minutes and 36 seconds. The duck was completely degutted except for it's head. All that was left was a furry rag for it's body.

As you can see she still loves what's left of it as she's laying on the sofa cuddled up with just the duck's head.

I purchased her stuffed duck on sale for $3.99 at Pet Smart. I told the clerk it probably wouldn't last. She laughed and said that's ok, at least you're getting it on sale.

...And it doesn't stop there!!!

Last year I purchased a $35 dollar dog bed for her 1st Christmas gift. This bed was so soft!!!! If it was big enough I would have slept in it myself! I thought she would have loved it, yet she started chewing the corner and started pulled some of the filling out. So I told my wife she's not mature enough to have it yet so I sewed up the corner and stored it in a closet until I thought she would be old enough to realize the bed was for her benefit!

Yep, you guessed it. I pulled out the bed from the closet this year and placed it next to our bed. (Pina sleeps under our bed. She barely fits under there and has to crawl on her belly to fit). Christmas eve night while lying in bed my wife hears, grrrr and the tearing of material. She immediately wakes me up and yells out "PINA IS TEARING UP HER BED!!!" I jump out of bed and there's Pina chewing the hell out of her bed. I immediately grabbed what was left of her bed as part of it's guts were emptying on the floor and threw it in the closet again.

I guess I'll have to try again next Christmas.

So ATS, do you have any crazy Christmas pet stories?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

My cats love the boxes the stuff comes in.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It's ok. Nothing is real.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Stuffed duck for Christmas?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
One Xmas, we bought the two cats different containers of catnip. Sprinkled two little piles for the two of them to enjoy on their own. The younger cat digs right in. The older cat walks over to the younger cats pile, squats and proceeds to piss on his little catnip pile. The whole family is sitting there with presents half opened, jaws fully opened watching the scene unfold.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Maybe a rubber ducky would be better next time. LOL Adorable pic of your dog and the duck head!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Rubber toys don't last either! She only has two rubber toys that have stood up to her chewing and they're both Kong toys. Pina would go through about 3 or 4 toys a week when we first got her.

We have an empty nest, so Pina is our spoiled child. lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
She's super cute, I would love to smooch on that dog. I'm a huge candy ass about dogs.

Man this might be hard to hear, but she's not stimulated enough. A tired dog is a good dog. Do you take her to the dog park so she can romp with other dogs? Do you have a big yard? Do you jog with her? She's probably bored out of her mind.

Last year I purchased a $35 dollar dog bed for her 1st Christmas gift. This bed was so soft!!!!

$35 (you don't need to say dollar after using the $ sign) dog bed? Seriously? Are you saying that's a lot of money for a dog bed? If you can't afford a decent dog bed, what are you doing with a dog? You can't be feeding her well, you can't be taking her to the vet.

This is either a disgusting joke or a very naive dog owner.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
That's one sweet dog.

Our sweet "grand-dog" was the one missing from our Christmas celebrations this year. He was a Swiss Mountain dog, loved stretching out full-length in front of the fire---completely blocking the fireplace. He moved on to doggy heaven this summer. We remembered him fondly and had a lot of laughs about his puppyhood adventures on the farm.
He was just over 10 weeks when he visited the farm for the first time and got introduced to cats. He learned a lot about cats and possum poop. The very first time he was allowed to run free he found a pile of possum poop and proceeded to roll in it. (Possum poop is just one notch down from dead fish on the stinky scale.)

We met a couple of new cats at one of our family dinners. My grand-nephew bought his first house this summer and invited the family over for our Christmas Eve potluck. They have two very social cats, the crowd didn't bother them at all. They were shooed out of the dining room and kitchen when the meal began. After a while he began to wonder what they were up to since they usually hang out where people are eating just in case they're needed for some quick clean-up. When the meal was over and we returned to living room, there they were, under the tree, each one was curled around a gift bag. The funny thing was that the bags were meant for them and each of them had chosen the bag with her name on it. I'm sure there's a picture of the scene on social media somewhere.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Some ideas that might help with this...

Dog Destructive Chewing - Video Search

Dog Destructive Chewing kong - Google Search

edit on 27-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

And just how much do you think should be spent on a dog bed? My dogs sleep on the floor.
No, she's not bored, she just likes toys. Apparently, you don't know that much about dogs or very limited experience. My dogs run their selves ragged and still like to chew and wrestle with their toys. Who are you to jump on these folks for how they raise their animals? Or are you just assuming that since they don't spend what you think is the correct amount, they're mistreating them? Should they go buy this ?

I mean, it's only $270. That she is just going to rip it apart is no reason not to spend stupid amounts of money for it, right?
What is your version of "feeding her well"? Sirloin? T Bones? Lemme guess, that organic stuff that's $80 for a little 5lb bag? You make a lot of assumptions and judge these folks by some outrageous standards you think everyone should follow.
Maybe don't ASSume so much.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You know what? You're completely right. I was being an asshole.

OP I sincerely apologize.

I'm really embarrassed about what I said now. It was rude and full of assumptions and I feel like a complete jackass. DAVID64 thank you for calling me out on that nonsense.

-----

OP, there are some really great toys, but they look like crap so you sort of tend to avoid them on the shelf. If she likes the softer type of toy (I've had the duck, I would have bought a few @ that price just for fun) but rips through them fast like my dog, there are some that lack the stuffing and are made with a heartier fabric. I'll sometimes just gut and stab a toy because my guy goes for the squeeky part relentlessly. Border Collies aren't duck hunters, unless the duck makes noise.

I think you and that pretty girl (those eyes are so sweet) would really like some puzzle toys. You fill them up with food or treats, and the dog has to work at it to get them out. It's fun to watch, it's good for the dog, and it actually seems to tire them out mentally.

My being a jackass came from frustration with a family member, and it was completely unfair to project that on to you. You sound like a wonderful dog owner, and that sweet happy face is proof that you are.

If you really want to blow that pups mind and keep her occupied, take a little peanut butter, put it one of the Kong toys and freeze it. She'll love it!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

As you and every dog or cat owner are aware, they become part of the family! There's nothing like being greeted in the morning or coming home from a hard day at work to licks, and hugs. They can be so sweet, and funny at times. They really help relieve the everyday stresses in life and they're always giving you that unconditional love everyone needs.

Dogs always give us those funny faces when they know they've done something wrong or just being inquisitive. How can you get mad at them? My wife and I will always jokingly say what we believe Pina's thinking when she gives us those bewildered looks, lol.

Our first two dogs never acknowledged the TV.. However, Pina will stop what she's doing as soon as she sees an animal or another dog on T.V.. She will watch intently every time! We find that hilarious and family members who visit get a kick out of it too.

There are just so many benefits of pet ownership to kids and for the elderly too! For those who have never owned a pet like a dog or cat, they really don't know what they're missing. We loved our dogs!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well I don't know how you got all of that from my post! Pina gets a lot of exercise. We've owned 2 Golden Retrievers before Pina, so we know how important it is for them to get exercise. I walk her 2 miles in the morning and 1 or 2 miles in the evening. I'm retired so both Pina and I spend a lot of time together. My wife and I also bring her to doggie day care once a week to play with other dogs. She has an open backyard which my son will occasionally bring his Husky and German Shepard mix to play.

Pina had a lot of anxiety since the day we purchased her (yes she was over 10 weeks when we got her from her owner). The constant walking and playing with other dogs helped break a majority of her anxiety. She still has some anxiety when people come to visit at the house. She starts barking like she's going to tear your leg off, lol. After some sniffing, she settles down and becomes their best friend.

I don't know if you're just having a bad day, but I know how well I treat my dogs, thank you. Don't always assume things.
Have a good day, it sounds like you need one.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for the suggestions. We do a lot of these things with her already.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My husband has a coworker who had a Pomeranian who was, erm, "special friends" with one of his stuffed toys. It was also a duck and the toy was christened the **** duck (think of a four-letter word that rhymes with duck). Yes, the dog was fixed, but it didn't help.

He only ever did it with that one toy, and he was especially bad about staging exhibitions.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Those ducks are the best! They make the best noise! Love the pic of Pina and her duck head...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've been cleaning up the same stuffing for a couple of days now. Couldn't figure out what toy it was coming from until I caught her at it. She was pulling the stuffing out of the tiniest pinhole, impossible to get the stuffing back in

Sad to lose the stuffed toys, I've taught my female to bring the "indoor toys" back in the house, out of the snow. The stuffies are more for the Shihtzu, but I have 2 large puppies too, so it's time to find a bunch more on sale. I'm going to attempt to sew up some stuff, but need thick strong thread that has to be hidden as its sewn, or they'll just pick at the different thread.
Dog beds are surviving so far, but big puppies can be so destructive. My male Akbash wants to eat the couch, carpet, furniture- my female only chews toys and cries when the male is destroying something.
She's such a good girl

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I've found stuffed hedgehogs that grunt when the dog bounces it off the floor. Had 3 chewed up already, but the grunt is better to listen t than the squeak....

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: DAVID64

You know what? You're completely right. I was being an asshole.

OP I sincerely apologize.

I'm really embarrassed about what I said now. It was rude and full of assumptions and I feel like a complete jackass. DAVID64 thank you for calling me out on that nonsense.

-----

OP, there are some really great toys, but they look like crap so you sort of tend to avoid them on the shelf. If she likes the softer type of toy (I've had the duck, I would have bought a few @ that price just for fun) but rips through them fast like my dog, there are some that lack the stuffing and are made with a heartier fabric. I'll sometimes just gut and stab a toy because my guy goes for the squeeky part relentlessly. Border Collies aren't duck hunters, unless the duck makes noise.

I think you and that pretty girl (those eyes are so sweet) would really like some puzzle toys. You fill them up with food or treats, and the dog has to work at it to get them out. It's fun to watch, it's good for the dog, and it actually seems to tire them out mentally.

My being a jackass came from frustration with a family member, and it was completely unfair to project that on to you. You sound like a wonderful dog owner, and that sweet happy face is proof that you are.

If you really want to blow that pups mind and keep her occupied, take a little peanut butter, put it one of the Kong toys and freeze it. She'll love it!

You are one of THOSE people.

Don't accuse the OP, especially since you don't know them. If the OP is buying toys for their dog and spending money on their pet, Then obviously they do care about the dog.

ETA: I see you edited the post.
edit on 12/27/2015 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join