It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter vows to wage war on internet trolls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Looks like Twitter wants users to stop trolls !!

They are telling people to share their lists of blocked users.

I bet this is a plan to keep propaganda from getting "truthed" to death.

Hmmm.

What's this all about anyway?

Twitter seems to think this might get them up to Facebook speed.

Bruce Daisley, head of website in Europe, says it will expose the worst offenders by encouraging people to share lists of blocked users

In February Dick Costolo, Twitter's former chief executive, admitted in an internal email that the company "sucked" at dealing with trolls.

But Mr Daisley now says the site has cracked down on nuisance users who hurl extreme abuse at those they disagree with. Measures include contacting suspected trolls to tell them "what you are doing here exists in the real world" and encouraging people to publish lists of users they have blocked.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like trying to rake leaves on a windy day. They'll stay busy, but I don't think they're going to accomplish much.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
more and more excuses for restrictions

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
more and more excuses for restrictions

What restrictions are they adding?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So organized groups of Twitter users can arbitrarily "blacklist" other users they don't like? That would essentially be the effect--potentially increasing the trollish behavior of those who would silence open discourse.

Twitter keeps giving me reasons to never use it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So they're gonna have a twitter police force... sounds more like an attempt to silence people just like Facebook.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Anyone who even blocks other users are just an overly sensitive bunch of losers anyway... They don't even know what the meaning of what are troll truly is.

I disagree with everything you say xuenchen, yet I'll always click on every one of your threads, because I want to know my enemy and want my mind challenged... It's just opposition.

Yet other simple minded individuals would call it "trolling".... To be a true a troll, you must have no stance, there just saying something that will piss off the person there interacting with.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What happens after you get..."contacted"?...

Loljk

...edited because I don't just like to end my posts with "loljk" and have the less detail oriented among you go "huhuh that person must just end their posts in "loljk" all the time" I really know nothing about twitter's owners, think it might sound butthurt but not sure, that and some people might play up some stoopid domination fantasies Id really rather not get into...like oh twitter soooperman go punish the offenders or some #^&* if you know what i mean. :/
edit on 27-12-2015 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What's twitter?

Sounds noisy...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

What your gf does when she gets excited

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Then what happens to Jimmy Kimmel 'mean tweets' bit?
awww

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Looks like Twitter wants users to stop trolls !!

I bet this is a plan to keep propaganda from getting "truthed" to death.

Hmmm.

What's this all about anyway?

Twitter seems to think this might get them up to Facebook speed.

Bruce Daisley, head of website in Europe, says it will expose the worst offenders by encouraging people to share lists of blocked users

In February Dick Costolo, Twitter's former chief executive, admitted in an internal email that the company "sucked" at dealing with trolls.

But Mr Daisley now says the site has cracked down on nuisance users who hurl extreme abuse at those they disagree with. Measures include contacting suspected trolls to tell them "what you are doing here exists in the real world" and encouraging people to publish lists of users they have blocked.

I dunno, maybe they are looking for you?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Who cares? It's Twitter.

Only people I know that use twitter are teenagers and narcissists that believe people really care about what they have to say.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Going by the true intentions of internet trolls, which are the worst aspects of meanness and gutter sniping, I hope it becomes a global war. Good on Twitter... finally catching up to the values of ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I can see it know. Twitter blacklisting - It's the new trolling.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
As long as this doesnt hinder the recruitment efforts of terrorist groups...

Because trolls are the real enemy!!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Its just twitter telling world 'Look how much we care, aren't we great?'

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
sigh. ....twitter.

last month my best friend who is a high level computer programmer for a major hardware/software corporation spent an entire hour trying to convince me tg at Twitter is amazing and genius. I let him talk for a whole hour, when he was finally done I gave him a deadpan and simply replied. "no, Twitter is still stupid and vapid"

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Anyone who even blocks other users are just an overly sensitive bunch of losers anyway... They don't even know what the meaning of what are troll truly is.

I disagree with everything you say xuenchen, yet I'll always click on every one of your threads, because I want to know my enemy and want my mind challenged... It's just opposition.

Yet other simple minded individuals would call it "trolling".... To be a true a troll, you must have no stance, there just saying something that will piss off the person there interacting with.

^ this!

It's quite bad here on ATS, if you disagree with someone or someones claims you're labelled a troll.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join