It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Resolution Seeks Seizure of Privately Owned Weapons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

To manufacture a really effective & efficient bullet, it takes a great amount of skill and knowledge... Anyone who tells you any different, has no idea what there talking about!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Limiting the government... Not "We The People".

well that's not what you wrote in thew post i replied to, and then your reply back.

your words

What will the military have to say about all this illegal gun grabbing?

Foreign and domestic means it is Military jurisdiction. IMO.

and as i said, the military has no jurisdiction, and is not a law enforcement agency, they can only do what the president or the congress authorize. to do other wise would be mutiny/ or a military coupe.

It is indeed a pleasure to enlighten the ignorant.

if ATS would put a time stamp on the edits you would see that i edited my post with the snide comment in it, before or during your post here.

edit on 26-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Okay you win everyone can do it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Then you misunderstood. Two things.

Because it was heavily implied by the statement "how would they feel about illegal gun grabbing".
"Foreign & domestic" referring to enemies of the State. ie the Unconstitutional.
And by the fact I said "local LEOs do not want to start a Civil War", ie a mutiny.

Whatever dude you said what you said, and nothing in my post warranted it.
Whether you misunderstood or not.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

To manufacture a really effective & efficient bullet, it takes a great amount of skill and knowledge... Anyone who tells you any different, has no idea what there talking about!
you may speak of boat tail metal jacketed bullets but not more simple ones like the pioneers used or the colonists or early Americans used. and they will do the job quite well. and the reloading tools automate proper crimping and metering of gun powder and inserting primers and all that. This is why quite a few people reload their own brass or shotgun shells.

EDIT: and i might add there are bullet molds for every type of ammo. and instruction pamphlets as well.
edit on 26-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Okay you win everyone can do it.
well they can. If we were talking about a situation where the resort to armed resistance was merited: a one shot zip gun with fishing sinkers for bullets is enough to acquire someone else's gun and ammo.

that is *IF* it were ever merited. and that is where the line between a monster and a patriot is decided. A terrible morally dangerous line not to be stepped over unless you are very sure the cause is justified; because if you are wrong (and you probably would be) you will rightly be remembered as a murderer, a madman and a monster and not as a patriot or hero and you will have earned the sentence and infamy you will receive.

(the word "you" here is not directed at any individual in particular.)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

www.midwayusa.com...

these come with pamphlets a lot of the time. if not there are many books on every make and caliber.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

www.midwayusa.com...

these come with pamphlets a lot of the time. if not there are many books on every make and caliber.

Note that you will still need gunpowder to load your own....

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There are private citizens in many states that do own grenade launchers, mortars, twin .50 cals on a mule, and so on. These individuals have never been featured on the news committing any mass crimes against the public, violent or otherwise.

Clearly, we are regulated enough if regular Americans can legally own grenade launchers and damn near anti-aircraft cannons and no one has shot down a helicopter, plane, or blown apart a courthouse. Sometimes private citizens just want to have fun on their own property.

The fact that none of these weapons are ever used in a crime just show we have the right amount of regulations already, and could probably do well to even scale back a bit. I will accept a complete de-regulation of all financial industries so long as it goes with some loosening of the shackles on the 2nd so to speak. I can live with that.
edit on 26-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

www.midwayusa.com...

Note that you will still need gunpowder to load your own....

www.wikihow.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I believe there is actually another comma as well.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Cornell Law

You're correct, I completely missed that on my perusal of the COTUS app.

Starting to think it's a list rather than what I initially thought could be one of many interpretations.

The way it is written can be interpreted many different ways. That is one of the main problems with the 2nd and why someone that takes the position I do on this issue is not very popular.

No it can not.

Geezus.

It's clearly talking about two separate but EQUAL things.

The right of the states to have militia's.

The RIGHT of the people to keep, and bear arms.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED by the FEDERAL STATE.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

yea reloading / manufacturing your own bullets is a skill that thousands of people practice all day everyday across the U.S..
the problem comes when you run out of brass and primers.

unless you have a really good press, lathe and other machines, which most don't.

there are links to do this one is called, well i will not give the link. just search making making ammo. page with PDF's for making old pistol and shot gun shells, plus other things. but most are for simple shells, none like a 5.56,.223,7.62 or anything like that.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
One of the Illinois psychopaths sponsoring this bill made this statement as an argument for the bill's necessity:

more firearms in circulation leads to more gun crimes, homicides, and suicides to the extent that gun-related deaths will soon exceed the number of deaths in automotive crashes

Sensationalism, anyone?

The number of US gun related deaths in 2014 was 12,574 with 23,039 injuries. Also in 2014 there were 32,675 deaths due to traffic accidents and an additional 2.3 million injuries. The US would have to increase the number of gun related deaths by more than 250% in order to make that statement a reality. Unfortunately for the anti-gun crowd, even in Illinois the numbers since the conceal carry law passed are dropping. In the first quarter of 2014 the homicide rate in Chicago dropped to a 56 year low.

On a side note, there were a number of people who attacked this thread and it's creator based on the source alone. Every one of them was wrong. The legislation is real. Whether it makes it through the legal battles that will surely follow is irrelevant. The fact that elected officials, in a state with a longstanding history of immensely bad decisions regarding gun legislation, would even entertain such a thing is proof that the people running this state are doltish, unperceptive, lack-wits.

traffic deaths
gun
conceal carry affect

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
as for smokeless powder- the primary ingredient for a long time has been gun cotton or nitrocellulose. to make this you add nitrates such as is found in ammonia or even aged urine to properly prepared cellulose. needless to say i won't go into further detail but the ingredients for smokeless powder are either readily available, readily fabricatable or otherwise capable of being derived from legitimate innocuous but dual use substances available on the market.

In short; it is impossible to realistically ban the ingredients.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

yea reloading / manufacturing your own bullets is a skill that thousands of people practice all day everyday across the U.S..
the problem comes when you run out of brass and primers.

unless you have a really good press, lathe and other machines, which most don't.

there are links to do this one is called, well i will not give the link. just search making making ammo. page with PDF's for making old pistol and shot gun shells, plus other things. but most are for simple shells, none like a 5.56,.223,7.62 or anything like that.

The guerilla fighters i mentioned from world war 2 earlier resorted to using brass curtain rods to fabricate casings. and they reused primers as i mentioned earlier. reconditioned with what they had on hand which was not much at all.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

edit on 26-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

not at this time. I'm not planning a revolution
Thanks though.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Note that black powder is 75% KNO3. Your link on how to make black powder recommends buying the KNO3 at a drugstore. Flints could provide the ignition, so no caps or primers would be needed. Pipes could provide a smooth-bore barrel for low pressure propellants.
While acquiring charcoal is easy and sulfur may be a little harder to do, the potassium nitrate is the most difficult. In the past, KNO3 was a prized commodity that was not readily available until the Haber process became commercial. www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1451194939&sr=1-1&keywords=the+alchemy+of+a ir If Potassium Nitrate becomes controlled, fewer people yet will be able to employ firearms.
Alternatively, high pressure air rifles could be considered. Historically, they were effective in war as they left no tell-tale cloud of smoke when discharged and were the first repeating rifles as they had 20 round tubular magazines. One went on the Lewis and Clark expedition and was demonstrated to any tribes that were encountered. en.wikipedia.org...

You will need powder for a firearm.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

as for smokeless powder- the primary ingredient for a long time has been gun cotton or nitrocellulose. to make this you add nitrates such as is found in ammonia or even aged urine to properly prepared cellulose. needless to say i won't go into further detail but the ingredients for smokeless powder are either readily available, readily fabricatable or otherwise capable of being derived from legitimate innocuous but dual use substances available on the market.

In short; it is impossible to realistically ban the ingredients.

Your comment about "adding nitrates" is rather vague. The nitration reaction is well known and requires nitric and sulfuric acids. Acetone is usually the solvent used for extrusion of the grains. Graphite can be used to control the speed of combustion. Look up Cordite and see what the composition is. If the ingredients were provided to the average citizen, what do you think the chances of making a batch of workable nitrocellulose gunpowder would be?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Note that black powder is 75% KNO3. Your link on how to make black powder recommends buying the KNO3 at a drugstore. Flints could provide the ignition, so no caps or primers would be needed. Pipes could provide a smooth-bore barrel for low pressure propellants.
While acquiring charcoal is easy and sulfur may be a little harder to do, the potassium nitrate is the most difficult. In the past, KNO3 was a prized commodity that was not readily available until the Haber process became commercial. www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1451194939&sr=1-1&keywords=the+alchemy+of+a ir If Potassium Nitrate becomes controlled, fewer people yet will be able to employ firearms.
Alternatively, high pressure air rifles could be considered. Historically, they were effective in war as they left no tell-tale cloud of smoke when discharged and were the first repeating rifles as they had 20 round tubular magazines. One went on the Lewis and Clark expedition and was demonstrated to any tribes that were encountered. en.wikipedia.org...

You will need powder for a firearm.

sulphur is not a controlled substance and can be acquired in reasonable quantities for gardening or even from vitamin stores or veterinarian stores. guano contains potassium nitrates. pottassium can be obtained from wood ash if necessary due to chemically poor guano. the word potash comes from this fact. carbon is derived from charcoal but different woods yield different qualities of charcoal and some are bad for this purpose.

plus both black powder and smokeless powder are legal to buy as it is. as are primers, brass and bullet heads. in fact even a 80 percent finished fully auto gun body is legal to buy (without a CL III maker certificate) at this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join