It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aromatherapy.....essential oils

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Chemistry....you read all of that?
The article you cite written in 2007, test case done on 3 boys...since then it has been shown that Lavender does not do this...try this article, 2013 by Tisserand world leading authority on the chemistry of EO's
Tisserand

Estrogen = US, Oestrogen = UK As per Oxford English Dictionary............so I'm British

Jane

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Chemistry....you read all of that?
The article you cite written in 2007, test case done on 3 boys...since then it has been shown that Lavender does not do this...try this article, 2013 by Tisserand world leading authority on the chemistry of EO's
Tisserand

Estrogen = US, Oestrogen = UK As per Oxford English Dictionary............so I'm British

Jane

The first article I cited was written in 2010.

The NIH article referenced the 2007 paper you refer to and remains the current conclusion preferred by NIH.

The Wikipedia article references an NIH article on Gynecomastia from 2015 and contains references to papers from 2011, 2013 & 2014.

Tisserand's refutation only references a single paper later than 2007, the date of the 2007 paper by The New England Journal of Medicine. The article on Tisserand's website is not peer reviewed or acknowledged scientifically.

It has been an accepted medical fact since 2007 that Lavender and Tea Tree oils can cause breast enlargement in males.

... and I have not read all of the papers referenced, just some of them. I concur with the conclusions proposed by the papers in those which I have read in entirety.

I am not of the medical profession but rather my qualification is in Astrophysics. My interest in the biological sciences is just a general interest.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Great info. THanks

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i have been thinking about getting a diffuser and starting with aromatherapy.
i use incense all the time and dont know much of anything about the oil but it does look like there are endless combos i could try.

does anyone use oils?
where do you get your stuff? your diffuser?
thank you

I was once in a car crash years ago. Pretty bad. Got cut out by the Fire Department and air-lifted to the ER. Took months of reconstructive surgery by the best docs in the area. Scars and broken fibia. Then there was the physio and weaning off the pain meds.

It was a tough time and thanks to aromatherapy, there are barely any scars and walking is all fine. I thank GOD every day for the miracle benefits of essential oils.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Be VERY carefull with essential oils. Even if they are "natural" they are very potent and can be dangerous if not used correctly.

I use them all the time as anti-bacterial ,anti-fungus and anti-parasite agent. They can sometime do what modern antibiotics strugle to achieve, but they come at a "price". They can sometime cause allergic reaction. Also I never use them internally.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It has been an accepted medical fact since 2007 that Lavender and Tea Tree oils can cause breast enlargement in males.

A very good example of some toxic effect.

Never use Tea Tree oils on young male for this reason, it's a pseudo-estrogen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join